Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 06:01 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
LeBron should retire with another Finals Loss.Curry is the new face & this time there'll be no excuses just like there was no excuses When they beat the Cavs down on Christmas Lol.

Cavs play in the weak East & the way they celebrated after beating the Raptors was pathetic !

What SuperTeam will Lebron Form Next ? Lmao
@pmoney, you and everyone else here are about to get a rude awakening from The King....

I know what most of y'all are gonna say, and I know the Warriors are capable. I got Cavaliers in 7, maybe 6, but definitely 7...

LeBron James will effectively become one of the Top 3 players of all time if he beats the greatest regular season team ever. You LeBron haters are forgetting a few things:

-he's healthier this year, and his team is healthier, and he's playing fewer minutes...
-he's probably playing the best basketball of his career, which is amazing because we've been watching him for 13 years and this is probably the 10th time we've said that about Bron. He just had the second-best shooting series of his career against the Raptors...
-this isn't the same Cavs team that the Warriors beat in the regular season or last year...
-the Warriors just showed a few chunks in the armor, if Lue can take advantage of them...

And the biggest equalizer of all: the Warriors have Klay and Steph, who can both take over and win games....but the Cavs have LeBron ****ing James. He's the best player on the floor, that isn't a question. If he has help, which he likely will, and he himself hits threes, they are gonna win. LeBron James at the top of his game is Klay + Steph, times 3. You guys would be wise not to forget that. King James is about to probably have the best Finals of his career...

I can't wait. Cavs in 7...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 06:25 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
[vine]iVdHwZXgamt[/vine]

I've read that Westbrook did not congratulate players, not sure if that's true.
I am OK with this. As much effort and emotion as they put into it, they shouldn't be in a congratulatory mood after losing.

I will tell you right now that if I was on the Thunder, win or lose - Draymond Green would not be seeing me at all after repeatedly assaulting Adams during the series.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:35 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I am OK with this. As much effort and emotion as they put into it, they shouldn't be in a congratulatory mood after losing.

I will tell you right now that if I was on the Thunder, win or lose - Draymond Green would not be seeing me at all after repeatedly assaulting Adams during the series.
If the Warriors had lost and Curry had walked off the floor without congratulating anyone, quite a few on here would have blasted him for lack of sportsmanship.

It's not about how you feel after, it's about showing class and professionalism regardless. The fact that KD and the OKC showed class in losing makes it even more obvious. Even Adams and Green embraced afterwards.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:37 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
If the Warriors had lost and Curry had walked off the floor without congratulating anyone, quite a few on here would have blasted him for lack of sportsmanship.

It's not about how you feel after, it's about showing class and professionalism regardless. The fact that KD and the OKC showed class in losing makes it even more obvious. Even Adams and Green embraced afterwards.
You can congratulate later. It does not have to be in view of everyone. Yeas ago, players would go to opposing players locker rooms, or meet in the corridors after they showered and changed clothes to congratulate the other team.

To battle for two weeks where you are fighting the enemy and just turn it right off seems tough to me. I am not saying to lack class. For me, I just need a cooling off period.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:43 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:

Going to be a great Finals for sure.

This year's Cavaliers is nothing like last year's, when James almost single handedly beat the Warriors. Irving and Love are finally healthy and James I think is an overall better player than Curry. He can involve his teammates unlike KD and RW.
Im very happy to See Cavaliers-Warriors rivalry develop. The Celtics-Lakers stories have dominated the league for so many years. Im hoping the Cavs finally do it this year and what better team to do it against then the Warriors. This is a 30 for 30 doc in the making!!!

Old 05-31-2016, 07:52 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
@pmoney, you and everyone else here are about to get a rude awakening from The King....

I know what most of y'all are gonna say, and I know the Warriors are capable. I got Cavaliers in 7, maybe 6, but definitely 7...

LeBron James will effectively become one of the Top 3 players of all time if he beats the greatest regular season team ever. You LeBron haters are forgetting a few things:

-he's healthier this year, and his team is healthier, and he's playing fewer minutes...
-he's probably playing the best basketball of his career, which is amazing because we've been watching him for 13 years and this is probably the 10th time we've said that about Bron. He just had the second-best shooting series of his career against the Raptors...
-this isn't the same Cavs team that the Warriors beat in the regular season or last year...
-the Warriors just showed a few chunks in the armor, if Lue can take advantage of them...

And the biggest equalizer of all: the Warriors have Klay and Steph, who can both take over and win games....but the Cavs have LeBron ****ing James. He's the best player on the floor, that isn't a question. If he has help, which he likely will, and he himself hits threes, they are gonna win. LeBron James at the top of his game is Klay + Steph, times 3. You guys would be wise not to forget that. King James is about to probably have the best Finals of his career...

I can't wait. Cavs in 7...
Klay and Steph have two wins in the them. They will throw up contested threes all night in a couple games and the Warriors will win a couple on that alone. If they have four games where they pull off that kind of magic they will win. That's the equalizer in this series.

The key for the Cavs is Love, Irving, JR shooting their season averages. If this happens everything else will fall into place.

I think the Warriors understand this is different challenge this year. Mainly with Kevin Love inserted he'll drag a guy outside that was left fighting with Tristan Thompson for offensive boards.

Having said that Tristan Thompson is gonna have a series on the glass- historic kind of series. What the Cavs do after he secures the offensive rebound may decide the series.

Irving is back.

Hopefully JR is back if you recall last year he made an appearance the last half of Game 6. I'm confident as a 4th option instead of a 2nd option he will be better.

I hope Lue stays with Lebron running with the 2nd unit at the beginning of the 2nd and 4th quarters- that will be huge in this series with guys like Livingston and Speights playing well.

Cavs in 6.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:59 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I feel the Finals will be even more crazy than this series.
I'm with you. I think both teams have a massive chip on their shoulder.

Cavs want to prove they are so much more Warriors want to prove that while that may be the case it is still not enough.

Lebron is drama King if wanted to write a script this exactly how it would unfold- opportunity to take down the defending Champs who beat the Bulls single season win record, while bringing a Championship to Cleveland.

Curry could vault his legacy into the Top 10 of all time discussion with Finals MVP and win.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:08 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Klay and Steph have two wins in the them. They will throw up contested threes all night in a couple games and the Warriors will win a couple on that alone. If they have four games where they pull off that kind of magic they will win. That's the equalizer in this series.

The key for the Cavs is Love, Irving, JR shooting their season averages. If this happens everything else will fall into place.

I think the Warriors understand this is different challenge this year. Mainly with Kevin Love inserted he'll drag a guy outside that was left fighting with Tristan Thompson for offensive boards.

Having said that Tristan Thompson is gonna have a series on the glass- historic kind of series. What the Cavs do after he secures the offensive rebound may decide the series.

Irving is back.

Hopefully JR is back if you recall last year he made an appearance the last half of Game 6. I'm confident as a 4th option instead of a 2nd option he will be better.

I hope Lue stays with Lebron running with the 2nd unit at the beginning of the 2nd and 4th quarters- that will be huge in this series with guys like Livingston and Speights playing well.

Cavs in 6.
Absolutely agreed on everything you said...go Cavs!

Old 05-31-2016, 08:20 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
What a series.
Jonah Keri of CBS Sports and Sports Illustrated said, "Just disband the rest of the NBA and all other sports and have these two teams (OKC vs. GS) play every day forever."

It seemed to me that the constant attention to Curry and Thompson on the perimeter finally wore down the Thunder.
When Adams, Durant and Ibaka are out at the three point line, chasing around these guys, that's a bad sign for OKC.
Too much offensive and defensive output was required from Ibaka, Durant and even Westbrook. They sure gave it their all though. Congratulations to both teams.
Thompson's incredible shooting, and the Warriors depth, was the difference, I believe.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:13 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,583,792 times
I ate BBQ flavored crow yesterday for doubting the Warriors. Needless to say I won't be doing that in the Finals. Kudos to Golden State for fighting back. But OKC has to be kicking themselves for letting that series slip away. The West was won in dramatic fashion!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball