Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 12:53 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
It's hard to say. I would have liked to see GS vs. San Antonio. From the regular season, it looked like San Antonio was good enough to win at home, but maybe not on the road. Officially, the season series was 3-1 GS, but recall that in SA's 2nd home game, they sat Duncan (and I think they only lost by 6).
I don't think this season's Duncan makes SA better against the Warriors.
In fact, in the two game that he played, SA won when he had 8 minutes and lost when he played 19.
The talk was that Diaw was a better against GS's small lineup after the SA win ... but in the end, neither Diaw nor Duncan was a factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 12:57 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
What, the 12 million dollar man (Bogut) isn't good enough?
I think he's good enough but he gets injured too much which means GS will need to pair him up with Ezeli who's also due for a big contract after this season. Neither can shoot a FT and Ezeli has hands of stones.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:50 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
I could see Ezeli, Noah & Speights handling the big-man duties next year. Noah shouldn't command a big contract at this point in his career, which means they could pay both he & Ezeli. Of course it all depends on how the Barnes/SF situation plays out.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:12 AM

283 posts, read 259,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yeah. Even if Cleveland wins a game, I doubt we'll get that feeling that the Warriors are in BIG trouble. I feel like Cleveland needs a great night and Golden State needs a mediocre to poor tonight for the Cavs to come out on top. Against OKC, I feel like it takes nothing less than a 100% offensive and defensive effort just to scrape by. The Warriors were ridiculously close to being handily defeated in 6 games. Truthfully, they should be watching the Finals from home right now.

At this stage in their careers, a Durant/Westbrook one-two punch is more potent than a James/Irving combination. Aside from Steph Curry going bananas from 3, nobody in the NBA creates as much defensive chaos as Russell Westbrook. And Kevin Durant coming off a screen is more lethal than a Lebron post up. When Durant shoots it's like "There it is!" and when Lebron shoots it's like "Damn, why's he doing that?!?" He is one of the best scorers in NBA history and he plays with a guy who won a scoring title a couple of years ago.

Adams-Ibaka-Kanter murder Love-Thompson-Mozgov down low.

The Warriors need to acquire a better big to make it back to the Finals next year. Joakim Noah would be ideal. Then maybe Dwight Howard. If they don't upgrade at that position, I definitely see the Thunder taking them out next year, and they will likely take out any team that comes out of the East.
That's if Durant stays with the Thunder.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:30 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,655,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I don't think this season's Duncan makes SA better against the Warriors.
In fact, in the two game that he played, SA won when he had 8 minutes and lost when he played 19.
The talk was that Diaw was a better against GS's small lineup after the SA win ... but in the end, neither Diaw nor Duncan was a factor.
OKC really made the Spurs look old quickly. I believe GS would have done the same at some point in the series. SA needs to figure out how to reload those parts in a hurry or this is going to quickly become a two team (GS and OKC) race in the West next season (assuming, of course, that KD stays in OKC).

Old 06-05-2016, 03:08 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
OKC really made the Spurs look old quickly. I believe GS would have done the same at some point in the series. SA needs to figure out how to reload those parts in a hurry or this is going to quickly become a two team (GS and OKC) race in the West next season (assuming, of course, that KD stays in OKC).
KD to Spurs in a sign and trade for Danny green, Jonathan Simmons, and Boris diaw.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:34 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
It will be interesting to see if Cavs continue with strategy of not letting Klay/Steph go off on them and forcing the Warriors' bench to beat them which they easily did in Game 1 with Barbosa, Iggy, and Livingston going off. This is their only real chance to make it competitive by making the Warriors' bench beat them 3 more times. If the Cavs lose game 2, i believe it will be Warriors in 7. If the Cavs win game 2, then i would say Warriors in 7 or Cavs in 6.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:04 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
KD to Spurs in a sign and trade for Danny green, Jonathan Simmons, and Boris diaw.
I think it's much more likely the a Thunder go after Blake Griffin than that (garbage) haul.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:50 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I think it's much more likely the a Thunder go after Blake Griffin than that (garbage) haul.
Not about what the thunder "go after" it's not up to them. They can let him walk for nothing or they can take what ever his new team offers. The thunder are 100% at his mercy.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:05 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Damn Green, take your hands out of your pockets for the anthem!

Anyways, here we go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball