Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2016, 01:47 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times

Advertisements

Curry caught a break somewhat. Its a sprain and out for 2 weeks.

Not great, but could have been worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 02:26 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,211,860 times
If anything, it seems the injury has motivated the GSW. They want to do it for Steph now. Lit a fire under them.

Old 04-25-2016, 02:50 PM

3,395 posts, read 2,803,036 times
I can't see the good in this at all.

1. He's out- take away the best guy on any team and its not good. I don't care what they did against the Rockets with Curry on the sideline.

2. He's back in two weeks, does he still have pain and discomfort, how's the shot going to look and are teams going to finally make a push toward attacking him when they are executing their offense.

Seems like an injury where he feels better mid summer after the season is over.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:12 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,931,653 times
The Clippers are capable of playing well against a healthy Warriors team. They may be the favorite with Curry out for the first 3-4 games.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:15 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,655,620 times
I dont know if I make the Clippers the favorites yet. They still have a bad habit of not finishing off the Warriors when they have a chance. Plus, while Curry is the transcendent player, GS still has plenty of firepower. I still can see the Clips with a 12 point lead in a game heading into the fourth quarter, and then watching Klay, Iggy, Green and Barbosa hit them with a run while Blake Griffin fumbles the ball on breaks and D Jordan misses free throws.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:46 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,080,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
If anything, it seems the injury has motivated the GSW. They want to do it for Steph now. Lit a fire under them.
They did it against the sorry ass Rockets. What does that prove? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
1. He's out- take away the best guy on any team and its not good. I don't care what they did against the Rockets with Curry on the sideline.

2. He's back in two weeks, does he still have pain and discomfort, how's the shot going to look and are teams going to finally make a push toward attacking him when they are executing their offense.

Seems like an injury where he feels better mid summer after the season is over.
I'm quite pessimistic about it as well. The Rockets are a sorry team who backed into the playoffs. I think they would lose against the #8 seed from the east. They're overrated.

I would definitely do #2 and make him work on defense to expose that leg. I never understood why teams never attacked him and forced him to play defense. It's not like he's a great defender and you wanted to stay away from him.

They're going to have a much more difficult time with the Clippers than the Rockets.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:54 PM

3,395 posts, read 2,803,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
They did it against the sorry ass Rockets. What does that prove? LOL

I'm quite pessimistic about it as well. The Rockets are a sorry team who backed into the playoffs. I think they would lose against the #8 seed from the east. They're overrated.

I would definitely do #2 and make him work on defense to expose that leg. I never understood why teams never attacked him and forced him to play defense. It's not like he's a great defender and you wanted to stay away from him.

They're going to have a much more difficult time with the Clippers than the Rockets.
Can't grasp this either- goes all the way back to middle of last season. You have to wear out even get a little physical with a jump shooter like Curry.

The Rockets would absolutely lose to the Pistons. So would the Griz and perhaps Dallas.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:56 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,560,328 times
Did anyone else wish that the NBA would've stepped in and automatically counted Golden State's win as 2 games? I can't stand watching the Rockets play, seriously these guys got blown the heck out with Steph in street clothes. This is just confirmation that James Harden is NO superstar.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:07 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,931,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Did anyone else wish that the NBA would've stepped in and automatically counted Golden State's win as 2 games? I can't stand watching the Rockets play, seriously these guys got blown the heck out with Steph in street clothes. This is just confirmation that James Harden is NO superstar.
He was a good 3rd option though (granted he sucked in the 2012 Finals).

Old 04-25-2016, 04:51 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,316 times
The Clippers are in a state of desperation themselves. If they get another second round knockout I fully expect that team to be shaken up this summer. I expect them to be very hungry to take advantage of the Warriors. This is Chris Paul's chance to finally get out of the second round.

The Warriors still have enough talent to beat the Clippers. But they have no margin for error. A six or seven game series should last about two weeks. If Curry misses the least amount of time he'd be back for the Conference Finals. But the Warriors will have to beat a tough Clippers team that surely smells blood. And its no guarantee that Curry will only miss two weeks. He could be out longer. That's a tough break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball