Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 03:11 AM

537 posts, read 446,062 times

Advertisements

This is how it should be...........

Thunders should be greater than Spurs............. Shoulda been one of the two top contenders all this time........

Last edited by christianity; 05-13-2016 at 04:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 07:08 AM

32,100 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Parker looked sooooooooo old last night. There was a point in the first half where Westbrook would just sprint away from him the same way you would sprint away from a 3 week old puppy that hasn't found his legs yet. C'mon, boy! Keep up! Keep up! C'mon, boy!

Old 05-13-2016, 07:17 AM

78,398 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
Few of us have discussed an OKC/Cavs matchup in depth. I mean in comparison to all the Warriors/Cavs talk. Guess we got some new material.

* I mean, if we're going to entertain OKC beating the Warriors, may as well go all the way.
Well OKC sure shut me up and seem to be playing more to their talent lately.

Congrats to OKC and with their convincing close-out of the Spurs you have to think they should give GS some tough opposition as well.

Plus, OKC has to be feeling a bit chippy since everyone was counting them out.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:22 AM

Post-mortem.

The Thunder Have Exposed The Spurs' Lack Of Depth And Versatility - BBALLBREAKDOWN

I didn't see much of this series, but when I saw Ginobili guarding KD, it became clear why the Spurs were losing.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:34 AM

387 posts, read 408,525 times
OKC simply realized the last few games that they could bully the Spurs. One player I was disappointed in was Aldridge. Yeah I know about his pts/fg% the first few games but you have to impose your will on the game. A 6'11" jump shooter.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:24 AM

The real problem was Skip Bayless predicting the Spurs to win it all. That guy is like "The Mush" from A Bronx Tale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PLSyFzk-6g

Skip Bayless could predict global warming and the Earth would go back to the Ice Age.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:37 AM

6,503 posts, read 7,533,875 times
^^ Love that movie!

Yes, I get annoyed when the analyst get too one sided which is what the TNT guys were doing with the Spurs. With the OKC wins in game 2 and game 4 I feel like they were providing harsh analysis against the Thunder despite their wins. This can either be a jinx or act as a motivating factor for the Thunder, I think it was the later. All year long they've been criticized for being a two man team and OKC has proved us all wrong.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
All year long they've been criticized for being a two man team and OKC has proved us all wrong.
They still have a two-man offense.

If you look at a team like Portland, 4 out of the 5 starters averaged double-digits. 3 of them shot better than 37% from the 3 for the season. Most people sold them short after losing most of their starters, but they actually turned out to be one of the best balanced teams in the League in terms of scoring. And the Warriors learned that the hard way.

What ultimately did the Spurs in was their age and lack of depth. Too many wing defenders that were small (Mills, Parker), old (Ginobili, Parker), slow (Anderson) or simply had non-existent defense (Martin). Leonard is fantastic and Green is respectable, but there's only so much they could do.

Whatever happened to Jonathon Simmons? Seems like he would have been a long, quick and athletic option to at least make Westbrook work.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:45 AM

Actually, I wonder if Aldridge would ever consider putting his tail between his legs and crawling back to Portland. That's the best move for a star to consider, imo. They would beat the Warriors with this lineup.

C - Meyers Leonard
PF - Lamarcus Aldridge
SF - Al Farouq Aminu
SG - C.J. McCullom
PG - Damian Lillard

If they could hold on to Crabbe and Henderson, they've got a hell of a team.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:05 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Actually, I wonder if Aldridge would ever consider putting his tail between his legs and crawling back to Portland. That's the best move for a star to consider, imo. They would beat the Warriors with this lineup.

C - Meyers Leonard
PF - Lamarcus Aldridge
SF - Al Farouq Aminu
SG - C.J. McCullom
PG - Damian Lillard

If they could hold on to Crabbe and Henderson, they've got a hell of a team.
Does anyone else think LaMarcus Aldridge is overrated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball