Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2016, 08:39 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
There's no way Golden State wins 5 in a row. You guys are hilarious....

This is an all time great team, this '16 Warriors squad. We all agree on that. But the Showtime Lakers never wone four in a row. Neither did Bird's Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, Shaq & Kobe; these other all time great teams never did it...

The moral here is there is always a preventative to long dynasties in modern sports; it doesn't happen in ANY professional sport anymore:

Last MLB three peat: Yankees 1998-2000
Last NFL three peat: Packers 1965-1967
Last NHL three peat: Islanders 1980-1983
Last NBA three peat: Lakers 2000-2002

It's been 14 years since a team in any sport even three-peated, let alone win 4-5 straight. Lets collect our breaths and be rational for a second. The game is too fluid today. Free agency and the increased desire for team ball; in essence, the Warriors have succeeded in part by copying the Spurs longtime model. Somebody will copy the Warriors, while introducing their own twist on it. Somebody's ego within the Warriors organization (be it players, coaches, or front office) will necessitate the breakup of that team...

Do I think they can be dynastic? Yes, winning 3/4, 3/5, 4/5 or 4/6 will make the Warriors a dynasty. But lets kill the daydreams that they'll win 4-5 IN A ROW...

Plus, Lebron James would never allow it. By himself, Lebron James is great enough and enough of a team motivator to break up a 4-5 in a row dynasty; he'll get one...
Lebron wouldn't allow it? LOL. If he can't win with this Cavs team, what's he going to do? Try to build another stacked team in the east? I hate to say it, but Lebron needs one this year more than ever. This will be 6 straight trips to the finals - that's what 100+ game seasons every year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 08:46 AM

3,395 posts, read 2,803,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Lebron wouldn't allow it? LOL. If he can't win with this Cavs team, what's he going to do? Try to build another stacked team in the east? I hate to say it, but Lebron needs one this year more than ever. This will be 6 straight trips to the finals - that's what 100+ game seasons every year?
This is sneaky good script for Lebron- who loves the drama.

I bet he has a Warrior cap on tonight.

Taking down the Record-setting Warriors to win his Third Title and first major championship in over 50 years for his nearby hometown.

The Cavs have been painful to watch at times this year- its more of motivation between the ears thing going on. They are healthy, rested and I am hoping hungry.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:03 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,327,951 times
I'm in the majority that the Eastern playoffs will be more entertaining than the Western playoffs. The 3-6 teams are all great teams and even Indiana and Detroit will provide tough match ups for Cleveland and Toronto. But don't count the Hornets out! I think they can play with anybody. They came back from a 23 (?) point deficit against the Spurs a few weeks ago after they scored what, 7 points in the first quarter? This may be the toughest Eastern Conference LeBron has had to face.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:23 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
I'm in the majority that the Eastern playoffs will be more entertaining than the Western playoffs. The 3-6 teams are all great teams and even Indiana and Detroit will provide tough match ups for Cleveland and Toronto. But don't count the Hornets out! I think they can play with anybody. They came back from a 23 (?) point deficit against the Spurs a few weeks ago after they scored what, 7 points in the first quarter? This may be the toughest Eastern Conference LeBron has had to face.
im not so sure about "majority" on that one.

the west 1st round is going to be pretty bad (portland vs LAC being hte only potential decent matchup) but the west 2nd round is going to be fun.

realistic 2nd round matchups of LAC vs GSW and SAS vs OKC? those would be eastern conf finals type matchups. but any one of those 4 teams in the east and they could potentially make the nba finals. instead they are playing each other in the 2nd round out west!

Old 04-13-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
im not so sure about "majority" on that one.

the west 1st round is going to be pretty bad (portland vs LAC being hte only potential decent matchup) but the west 2nd round is going to be fun.

realistic 2nd round matchups of LAC vs GSW and SAS vs OKC? those would be eastern conf finals type matchups. but any one of those 4 teams in the east and they could potentially make the nba finals. instead they are playing each other in the 2nd round out west!
Let's look at the big bad West
Cavs would be favored in the LAC (beaten handily by Cavs twice) and OKC (won on OKCs court convincingly and the other in Cle.) series.

Reg. Season Toronto (holding my breath for their playoff showing) would be slight underdogs in LAC OKC series

Old 04-13-2016, 10:46 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
I'd be interested to see what the betting odds would be on both series.

That said, Cleveland has yet to play a full clippers roster.

I stand by my statement that any one of those 4 teams could potentially make at least the eastern conf finals of not the nba finals in the east.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I'd be interested to see what the betting odds would be on both series.

That said, Cleveland has yet to play a full clippers roster.

I stand by my statement that any one of those 4 teams could potentially make at least the eastern conf finals of not the nba finals in the east.
Last four meeting Clips 0-4 including 3 10+ margins.

Lebron v. Durant Head to head is well known.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:10 PM

298 posts, read 276,787 times
Cavs and Spurs again or Warriors again, we will pretty much see a repeat of last season again...

Old 04-14-2016, 05:34 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Ugghhhh The Hawks have to play the Celtics AGAIN!! Jeeezzz man!

Old 04-14-2016, 05:53 AM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Kinda disappointed to see Houston limp in...would've been a much harsher reality check to miss the playoffs altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball