Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 03:07 PM

298 posts, read 276,765 times

Advertisements

Even though Derrick Rose is healthy again and still plays at a decent level, still it doesn't compare to the incredible year he had back in 2010-2011 in his MVP year, will he ever play like it again? With The Bulls missing the playoffs this year, does this mean that they have to quit relying on building around D rose and start rebuilding? they do have Jimmy Butler as their new face of the franchise but who really is the face of this franchise now, D rose or J Butler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 10:29 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times
I'm always wondering when the next injury will happen. I think Rose is done for as far as building around him.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:43 AM

387 posts, read 408,350 times
He's toast. I've seen toothpicks and popsicle sticks hold up better than he has. Seems like a nice guy though.

Old 04-14-2016, 02:40 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,734 times
He seems to more dedicated to getting paid and being healthy at 40 than he is to getting back to peak performance.

Old 04-14-2016, 02:58 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,801,977 times
He's never been a great outside shooter so when your game revolves around getting to the basket and that skill diminishes. Toast.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:03 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,079,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar21 View Post
Even though Derrick Rose is healthy again and still plays at a decent level, still it doesn't compare to the incredible year he had back in 2010-2011 in his MVP year, will he ever play like it again? With The Bulls missing the playoffs this year, does this mean that they have to quit relying on building around D rose and start rebuilding? they do have Jimmy Butler as their new face of the franchise but who really is the face of this franchise now, D rose or J Butler?
I think the Bulls felt obligated to still refer to Rose as the face of the franchise because of his contract (length and amount) and because of his fragile ego.

There was no way to get rid of that contract. I believe this is the final year of that contract. I wonder if there will be anyone willing to take a long term risk on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
He's never been a great outside shooter so when your game revolves around getting to the basket and that skill diminishes. Toast.
That is absolutely true and sad. A guard who can't shoot?

A smart man would've taken the injury time to develop a great jump shot. He should've known that after the knee injuries, he would lose some of his athletic ability and trying to rely on decreased athletic ability would've either resulted in another injury (possibly career ending) or decreased respect from opponents.

In all, I think Rose as the MVP caliber player is done but if he adapts his game couple with 80% of his old athletic ability, he could still be an all-star caliber player.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:16 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Rose is unlikely to ever return to even all-star level at this point.

Butler is clearly the face of the franchise.

The Bulls window slammed shut with a string of injuries and it's time to rebuild.

It is what it is.

Someone will pick up Rose but not for anything near max. Who knows, maybe a fresh start and being a 3rd banana somewhere could make him surge.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:29 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,654,933 times
Yeah, I dont think Rose is going to ever return to that form, either. It is pretty bad that if I tune into a Bulls game, no matter when or what part of the game, if he isnt in the game, the first thing I think is, "Is he injured tonight and I didnt hear about it?" I never think he could be on the bench resting in his normal rotation!

That is bad...

Old 04-15-2016, 03:18 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Rose is unlikely to ever return to even all-star level at this point.

Butler is clearly the face of the franchise.

The Bulls window slammed shut with a string of injuries and it's time to rebuild.

It is what it is.

Someone will pick up Rose but not for anything near max. Who knows, maybe a fresh start and being a 3rd banana somewhere could make him surge.
When is his contract up?

Old 04-18-2016, 03:17 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,671,775 times
If Jimmy Butler is the face of the franchise, then that franchise is done, for a minute! 20 ppg, while very good, is not 'superstar numbers', and he is not a 'superstar'!

With that said, That Tibs firing spoke volumes.......!

As for Rose, folk forget that Baron Davis was a 'high wire' act before he came down wrong on his knee, at UCLA. That injury 'grounded his game', and made him a solid, 13-year NBA point guard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball