Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Resting NBA players help for the playoffs?
YES 13 68.42%
NO 2 10.53%
INJURIES HAPPEN NO MATTER WHAT 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 06:37 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,045,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Weren't some people saying Curry looked a little tired before he got hurt? IMO - leave it up to the coaches - they know more than anyone if a player could benefit from rest.
Yup, and fatigue increases chances of injury
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 08:32 PM

3,010 posts, read 2,263,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
My beef is both. If I pay to see the Warriors/Cavs/Thunder etc and pay and extra $50-100 for 2 people to go, Curry, Lebron or whatever main star needs to be playing if they are not hurt. They are paid MILLIONS to do this as a profession and injuries can happen at any time. Kinda like us saying will will stay home from work because if we get out on the roads, we could possibly get in a car accident, so its best to stay home and rest.

Look how many people have got hurt in the play offs so far and no amount of rest in the world could have avoided Curry slipping on a wet spot, Chris Paul breaking his hand on a random play, both centers for the Heat & Raptors getting hurt, and all the other random injuries. Its all part of the game and can happen on any given play regardless if they player has played every minute of the season of the 1st minute of the season.

Unless its games 78-82 with a playoff seed and position locked, or the player is pushing 40, or injured, they need to play. If no fans showed up to the arenas, these players would not be making as much as they do, so the teams owe it to atleast give the fans what they paid to see.
I agree with what your saying I am not saying I support sitting out players unless they have a good reason.I am a Spurs fan and I think sitting Duncan or Ginobli out some games is okay because they are older players but I would not be okay if they sat Leonard or Aldridge. I am also okay with what Golden State did not playing Curry in many of the 4th Quarters because they are up big no need to play your star if you have the game won.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:18 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,078,944 times
They should only allow resting of players at home games where fans have 41 chances to see the star players. On the road they should have to play if healthy.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:11 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,999,003 times
If it didn't help, I doubt Popovich would do it. He's a brilliant coach. Then again, he's got some old guys he's resting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball