Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:04 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
(Just as they move to Brooklyn .)
They're moving to Brookyln? Arent they playing in the new arena the NJ Devils just moved into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 11:11 AM

I just searched wikipedia and they are trying to build an arena in brookyln but they wont move until 2010-2011 at the earilest.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:13 AM

Now about Jason Kidd, he didnt play too well and it looks like the pressure is on for Dallas to make this thing work. Several NBA reporters were not too impressed with this trade. Meanwhile though, Devin Harris is injured for atleast 2 weeks.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,920,793 times
^ Yes, the owner of the Nets is hell-bent on moving the NJ Nets to Brooklyn, even though Brooklyn doesn't want the Nets. In the mantime, they'll continue to play in the Meadowlands in E. Rutherford, NJ.

I didn't know Harris was still hurt until I saw that report last night. Maybe he'll return just in time when the Nets travel to Dallas on 3/8/08.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:59 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,159 times
Default Kidd is back for one game in Jersey

NorthJersey.com: Remembering good Kidd, bad Kidd (http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Remembering_good_Kidd_bad_Kidd.html - broken link)

Old 12-22-2008, 12:11 PM

Hot diggity, Harris OWNED the Mavs when they visited NJ the other night. 41 pts and 13 ass for him vs. 17 pts and 7 ass (I think) for Kidd. Woohoo! (But too bad the Nets won't play consistently .)

Old 01-03-2009, 07:56 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,325,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Kidd traded to Dallas in latest blockbuster deal - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

So does this make the Mavs a good bet to unseat the Spurs atop the West?

It'll be interesting.
I think it is a step in the right direction and I hope Mavs do, but I'm not holding my breath. I think Mavs need a coach.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:56 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
The window's all but closed on the core. It's long been my opinion that the biggest mistake Cuban and the franchise made was thinking that Dirk was/is the centerpiece to a championship. Dirk is actually a Pippen to a Kobe/Lebron type that could pull the defense's efforts and leave him on the perimeter.

Ironic as it seems, for Dirk to be considered one of the best ever is to quit trying to make him an all-round athlete and let him simply spot up and shoot - that's where the alpha dog is needed. Kidd could still be a piece in that scenario, but it would have to come before 2010 - the summer of love for so many pipe dreams.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 PM

I always thought that trading away Nash was a mistake, but If I recall correctly, it would have been difficult to keep him. Who knows how far we would have gotten with him?
I've also said that getting the #1 seed and facing the Warriors hurt us too. They not only swept us that season, but they had former Maverick Coach Don Nelson, who knew the inside and out to our style of play.
Cuban is a great owner, this franchise used to be a bottom-feeder and the joke of the NBA for years, we've been a competitor since he bought the team. But these last few years have been rough on the team. The trade last year you can't fault him for doing, we were trying to keep up with the Joneses as they say, sadly, it didn't work out well last year and ended up costing avery Johnson is job. Right now we're just hanging on to the 8th spot right now in the tight Western conference.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:42 AM

I bet you guys got excited when Kidd had 20 assists last week against the Suns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I always thought that trading away Nash was a mistake, but If I recall correctly, it would have been difficult to keep him. Who knows how far we would have gotten with him?
I've also said that getting the #1 seed and facing the Warriors hurt us too. They not only swept us that season, but they had former Maverick Coach Don Nelson, who knew the inside and out to our style of play.
Cuban is a great owner, this franchise used to be a bottom-feeder and the joke of the NBA for years, we've been a competitor since he bought the team. But these last few years have been rough on the team. The trade last year you can't fault him for doing, we were trying to keep up with the Joneses as they say, sadly, it didn't work out well last year and ended up costing avery Johnson is job. Right now we're just hanging on to the 8th spot right now in the tight Western conference.
Speaking of Cuban, he's not interested in trading for Shaquille O'Neal. What do you think? I didn't know Mark and Shaq are such good friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball