Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 04:21 PM

32,098 posts, read 34,714,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
The last time a conference finals team came back from a 3-1 deficit was in 1981 (Boston Celtics with Larry Bird).

So yes, possible. But not likely.
The only reason the Warriors have a long shot, as opposed to a virtually impossible shot, is because of home court advantage. If they win in Oracle tomorrow, it's a 2-3 series. They can go all out in Game 6 and force a deciding game in their building. You've got to like their chances in that scenario.

If this were the other way around with OKC winning the first two on their floor, and then splitting with the Warriors on the road, I'd say no way. Even if the Warriors were able to steal Game 5 in OKC and then hold serve at home, I couldn't see them beating the Thunder on their floor in a Game 7. The only silver lining here is that they only have to play one more road game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 05:33 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Don't forget the Lakers who have more bandwagon fans than any team except the Bulls. But many of them go for the image rather than the team. The urban big city image. LA, NYC, Chicago. Its not the team, its the image they're trying to portray.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:54 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The only reason the Warriors have a long shot, as opposed to a virtually impossible shot, is because of home court advantage. If they win in Oracle tomorrow, it's a 2-3 series. They can go all out in Game 6 and force a deciding game in their building. You've got to like their chances in that scenario.

If this were the other way around with OKC winning the first two on their floor, and then splitting with the Warriors on the road, I'd say no way. Even if the Warriors were able to steal Game 5 in OKC and then hold serve at home, I couldn't see them beating the Thunder on their floor in a Game 7. The only silver lining here is that they only have to play one more road game.
This thread could not be more appropriate. I'm a former warriros bandwagon fan. LOL then I saw them in the last game with OKC, and the thrill wore off. Yes I suck.

The main guy...forgot his name...he won MVP. He looks like he has the flu or something...tired etc. They have an uphill battle to win the championship, but since they are in such a bad position, it would be really cool for their Real Fans if they managed to win.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:06 AM

32,098 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
This thread could not be more appropriate. I'm a former warriros bandwagon fan. LOL then I saw them in the last game with OKC, and the thrill wore off. Yes I suck.

The main guy...forgot his name...he won MVP. He looks like he has the flu or something...tired etc. They have an uphill battle to win the championship, but since they are in such a bad position, it would be really cool for their Real Fans if they managed to win.
I guess you can jump back on now. The main guy looked pretty good last night.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:42 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Wow & WHEW! My GSW Bandwagon continues to roll after all!

Old 06-03-2016, 05:00 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,401,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I guess you can jump back on now. The main guy looked pretty good last night.
I'll jump back on during the last game LOL. BUT WHOA. What a comeback.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:16 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Ratings prove that people love seeing dominant teams

Old 06-06-2016, 02:20 PM

Also you don't get some reward for rooting for a bad team for 50 years

Old 06-06-2016, 09:39 PM

78,394 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Also you don't get some reward for rooting for a bad team for 50 years
There is an award for rooting for a bad team for 50 years....when you eventually win, it's magical, instead of the usual..."hey look my bandwagon team just got me my 40th championship in 50 years.

However, if you grew up in the everyone gets a trophy for participation era then bandwagons are going to be a lot more fun.

Hey, nobody is going to be dumb and fault people for joining in on a good party, especially if they are locals.

But nobody ever liked a poser so don't be that guy either.

It's not a completely bad thing, it draws a lot of fans to the NBA.

It's how I personally got drawn to the NBA....roomates watching the Bulls and then living in Chicago.

I was hooked before their 1st championship but they were still an up and coming team at that point.

Old 06-07-2016, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There is an award for rooting for a bad team for 50 years....when you eventually win, it's magical, instead of the usual..."hey look my bandwagon team just got me my 40th championship in 50 years.

However, if you grew up in the everyone gets a trophy for participation era then bandwagons are going to be a lot more fun.

Hey, nobody is going to be dumb and fault people for joining in on a good party, especially if they are locals.

But nobody ever liked a poser so don't be that guy either.

It's not a completely bad thing, it draws a lot of fans to the NBA.

It's how I personally got drawn to the NBA....roomates watching the Bulls and then living in Chicago.

I was hooked before their 1st championship but they were still an up and coming team at that point.
The thing is "you" don't win. "You" have noting to do with that championship.

That's another thing about sports culture I don't like. People attempting to take credit for successes of other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball