Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 05:56 PM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times

Advertisements

Unfortunate incident but looks like the shooter was justified in self defense.

NBA player Bryce Dejean-Jones killed while breaking into Dallas apartment, police say | | Dallas Morning News

Quote:
NBA player Bryce Dejean-Jones was shot and killed early Saturday after he broke into a Dallas apartment he believed was his girlfriend’s and instead startled a man he didn’t know, according to police and his agent.

The 23-year-old New Orleans Pelicans guard “kicked open the front door” to a unit in the Camden Belmont Apartments, just east of Central Expressway and Fitzhugh Avenue, about 3:20 a.m., police said.

Police said the man who lived there woke up, grabbed his handgun and “called out” to the intruder. But he got no answer.

When Dejean-Jones kicked the door to the bedroom, police said, the man fired, apparently in self-defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 12:34 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,173,857 times
As a victim of a home break-in & burglary (though I thankfully wasn't home at the time), I have 0 sympathy for people who break into homes - whether or not it was a mistaken entry or not.

In this case, the guy broke the door down - the fact that it was the wrong home is irrelevant.

The more that criminals & would-be criminals realize that home-owners have weapons & aren't afraid to use them if their homes are broken into, home invasions would probably happen less often.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:13 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,309,730 times
Not only did he break down the door to the apartment, but after the homeowner called out from his bedroom and there was no reply he broke down the door to the bedroom. It was that point he was shot. Seems cut and dry justified from what I have read.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:18 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,432 times
Why break into a home, even if he occupant is someone you know? Even if say you think someone is dead and you have not heard from them, call the police instead of breaking into the home. Breaking in even for "good" purpose is never right.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:19 AM

977 posts, read 1,955,375 times
Apparently, breaking through doors is a more logical solution than calling his girlfriend on the phone to let him in. My sympathy is for the guy who had to shoot him and now live with the fact that he killed someone, not for Jones.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:35 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
My guess is he wasn't expecting to be welcomed inside...maybe thought she was cheating? And/or he was drunk? Bizarre situation either way.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:39 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Apparently, breaking through doors is a more logical solution than calling his girlfriend on the phone to let him in. My sympathy is for the guy who had to shoot him and now live with the fact that he killed someone, not for Jones.
Allegedly, from what I saw on a ticker this morning, he and the babymamma were having arguments earlier in the day. I'm guessing the phone wasn't being answered on her end.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:02 AM

465 posts, read 418,082 times
This is definitely a case of thinning the herd. I don't understand what Jones was thinking. He committed a crime by breaking into the apartment, and then I fully anticipate a domestic violence crime would have followed. But, due to brilliant thinking, he is dead for "breaking into the wrong house!" and now the baby mama that he was fighting with gets all his earnings. Talk about impulsive and not thinking things through. I pray the child has a good life and a good head on his or her shoulders and the baby mama uses the money for productive means.

And the person who shot him should not be charged.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:53 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,818,755 times
Was attempting to kick down the door of estranged girlfriend at 3am. I'm sure he was drunk and didn't have good intentions. Estranged girlfriend probably would have been beaten or killed. This worked out for the best

Old 05-31-2016, 08:07 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
I thought I saw somewhere that he was on the wrong floor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball