Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 08:43 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times

Advertisements

I hear people say this a lot. I'm not sure why it matters. Lebron has two championships. What difference does it make if his losses came in the Finals or in the 1st Round? Or what if his team simply failed to make the playoffs at all? Would his legacy be any better if he were 2 for 2 in the Finals with a few first round exits and conference finals losses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 08:48 AM

10,548 posts, read 7,743,046 times
6 finals appearances is damn impressive. Better than 2 finals wins and 4 earlier exits.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:36 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,447 times
They say it because they hate him. It's pretty trendy to hate on Lebron, I assume because of the way he went to Miami. Nevertheless, he's matured a lot since then and is still the best player in the NBA.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:50 AM

759 posts, read 636,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I hear people say this a lot. I'm not sure why it matters. Lebron has two championships. What difference does it make if his losses came in the Finals or in the 1st Round? Or what if his team simply failed to make the playoffs at all? Would his legacy be any better if he were 2 for 2 in the Finals with a few first round exits and conference finals losses?
I bring up his 2-4 Finals record whenever I hear "Lebron is the greatest ever."

I'd have a lot more respect for Lebron had he not pulled the "I'm taking my talents to South Beach."

2011 was such great karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
6 finals appearances is damn impressive. Better than 2 finals wins and 4 earlier exits.
Gotta give him credit for that. He's the first guy with 6 straight appearances that didn't play for the Boston Celtics.

Still... I'm picking him to fall to 2-5.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:03 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,598 times
It is only relevent when discussing Lebron as a GOAT candidate. In comparison with guys like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan, Kareem, Russel and probably Curry in a couple years.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:08 PM

45,543 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
He is now on 6 final appearances in a row. To do that year after year - without injury - 100+ games a year - very impressive and underrated.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:35 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Of course it is impressive to get there, but far more impressive to win. It means he's very very good, but not the best winner. 2-4 in finals....barely. If not for a miracle possession he'd be 1-5, now that would be far worse. If he wins this year, it changes a lot, especially because its in Cleveland and not a psuedo all star team. If he loses, I dont think it hurts anymore than his current reputation.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:05 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times
I think 2011 is the real stain on his resume. Each other finals loss isn't too bad individually, but cumulatively they don't look great.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:13 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Of course it is impressive to get there, but far more impressive to win. It means he's very very good, but not the best winner. 2-4 in finals....barely. If not for a miracle possession he'd be 1-5, now that would be far worse. If he wins this year, it changes a lot, especially because its in Cleveland and not a psuedo all star team. If he loses, I dont think it hurts anymore than his current reputation.
Oh wow. People talk about the Ray Allen shot all the time, but forgot that Lebron had just made a 3 to make it a 1-possession game in the first place. But it still counts against him when his entire team bails on him the following year and he loses.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:07 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,391,485 times
Quote:
I agree with you. At least he made 6 finals appearances, with Cleveland and Miami. I've always liked LeBron James since a lot of people don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
They say it because they hate him. It's pretty trendy to hate on Lebron, I assume because of the way he went to Miami. Nevertheless, he's matured a lot since then and is still the best player in the NBA.
I guess because people hate him because he went to Miami from Cleveland. Similar situation with Brett Favre going from Green Bay to Minnesota. No matter where LeBron goes, I will always support him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball