Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 11:28 PM

273 posts, read 1,059,650 times

Advertisements

i said it all along. the 2015 championship WAS a fluke. bron lost his 2 all stars. it was 1 on 5. bron against the warriors. jump shooting teams cannot win the big one against real nba competition. the minute your jump shot abandons you, you are finished. gsw has poor defense and little men. bogut is not an athlete. just a tall guy who is middle aged and can hang around in the paint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 08:04 PM

77,821 posts, read 59,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4 View Post
i said it all along. the 2015 championship WAS a fluke. bron lost his 2 all stars. it was 1 on 5. bron against the warriors. jump shooting teams cannot win the big one against real nba competition. the minute your jump shot abandons you, you are finished. gsw has poor defense and little men. bogut is not an athlete. just a tall guy who is middle aged and can hang around in the paint.
GSW came within a shot or two of repeating. it was THAT close.

They had to come back from down 3-1 to do it.

Long story short, dismissing GS after they were so narrowly beaten is a perilous exercise imo.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:07 PM

77,821 posts, read 59,987,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Lebron lost all my respect after he got Green Suspended for Game 5,They injured Bogut & that's when the series shifted.

But still no excuses,Whether Curry was hurt or not he didn't show up when it was needed.This happen to Magic before in the finals so im sure the Dubs will take it again next year.They were beat after that Okc series!

And hat's off to Crybaby Lebron,To me he can now retire with his legacy as a top 10 of all time.If they lost critic's would've ate him alive.
You sound like my cousins 20+ years ago slowly, grudgingly admitting the Jordan was *ok* despite his shortcomings, running of coaches etc. which was an epic turnaround for Celtic\Bird fans that thought he couldn't get it done and wasn't as good as Bird.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:02 PM

8,774 posts, read 10,184,731 times
-3-1 series lead in the finals with two opportunities to win it all on your own home floor
-73 wins
-24 straight wins to start to the regular season
-Losing to a team that won 16 games less than you this regular season

Yeah, I think that's all the ingredients needed to deem this the biggest choke in NBA history. At least in their defense, they won it all last season so it's not a situation like the 2006-07 Mavericks who afterwards appeared to have their championship window closed with nothing to show for it.

Cracks in the Warriors armor were exposed in the OKC series and if not for Klay Thompson, they lose that series in 6. You have a good case for overrated as well. They will probably be remembered the same way most of us view the 2007 Patriots. History making, record breaking regular season but no championship to show for it.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:18 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,676,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Well there it is folks. Don't ever compare this team to the '96 Bulls. Or hell, even the '97 team.

Steph Curry - perhaps the worst MVP in history?

Charles Barkley correct? Jump shooting teams are beatable...especially during droughts?

2015 championship = fluke?

Warriors back to mediocre playoff team?
they weren't even the 2nd best team this year, okc was better and gs got lucky to beat them.

Old 11-04-2018, 10:47 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,115,892 times
Dynasty.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:26 AM

14,640 posts, read 14,530,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Dynasty.
Nice bump...this thread is hilarious.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:31 AM

39 posts, read 23,643 times
Quote:
Well there it is folks. Don't ever compare this team to the '96 Bulls. Or hell, even the '97 team.

Charles Barkley correct? Jump shooting teams are beatable...especially during droughts?

History and nostalgia will always look more kindly on the Warriors, I think. Right now I can't stand their dominance of the NBA - their starting lineup resembles a kid cheating on a videogame as he adds all the best players onto one team. It's become a joke. But I think when I look back in ten years or so, I will perceive them in a more positive light. I wasn't born when the Bulls were rampaging through the NBA but my dad tells me that during that time, he hated them with a passion. But now he looks back on them more fondly.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:27 PM

3,570 posts, read 2,504,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by die mannschaft View Post
History and nostalgia will always look more kindly on the Warriors, I think. Right now I can't stand their dominance of the NBA - their starting lineup resembles a kid cheating on a videogame as he adds all the best players onto one team. It's become a joke. But I think when I look back in ten years or so, I will perceive them in a more positive light. I wasn't born when the Bulls were rampaging through the NBA but my dad tells me that during that time, he hated them with a passion. But now he looks back on them more fondly.

This is a fun bump, and you quoted an all-time great Warriors salt post--the kind that will live in infamy. The fact is that one of the greatest NBA teams ever plays 3 nights a week and every basketball fan can watch them dozens of times this year. A small, unathletic (by NBA standards) guard has revolutionized basketball with off-the-dribble marksmanship from long range and off-the-charts BBIQ, handling, and passing ability. That guard is part of the team that is the successor to the Boston Big 3s defensive acumen. This is apex basketball, and everyone will come to appreciate it like they did the Jordan Bulls, the Showtime Lakers, and the Bird Celtics.

Quote:

Even in '15, this team was predicated on defense, not jump shooting.

Curry is making his case for the 2nd greatest point guard ever, and is closer than any before to a claim on Magic's throne.

LeBron's shadow is large in the 2010s NBA, but I think the Lakers struggles and the Warriors' dominance is finally causing some people to get more perspective about the league's pecking order today. I think it is inescapable to conclude that Curry has been the league's best player for the last 4 years.

People like to point to Durant to downplay the Warriors' success of the last 2 years. It is important to remember that Durant was playing with Russell Westbrook before Curry, and any "discount" for the 2 for 2 of Curry + Durant must concede that Curry is exponentially better than Westbrook--who most consider a clear top 10 & often top 5 player. At 2 for 2, you might compare Curry & KD to Shaq & Kobe--a nice fit: a transformational star that alters the shape of the basketball court and the generation's most versatile scoring threat. KD & Curry can match Shaq and Kobe this year, which would put Curry ahead of LeBron in rings and just one behind Magic. Unless there are big changes in the West before the trade deadline, the only hurdles are health and the winner of the ECF. With 4 titles in 5 years, who would you compare the Warriors to, if not the Jordan Bulls, the Showtime Lakers, and the Russell Celtics?

Old 11-14-2018, 12:10 PM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 23 days ago)

5,774 posts, read 5,537,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
This is a fun bump, and you quoted an all-time great Warriors salt post--the kind that will live in infamy. The fact is that one of the greatest NBA teams ever plays 3 nights a week and every basketball fan can watch them dozens of times this year. A small, unathletic (by NBA standards) guard has revolutionized basketball with off-the-dribble marksmanship from long range and off-the-charts BBIQ, handling, and passing ability. That guard is part of the team that is the successor to the Boston Big 3s defensive acumen. This is apex basketball, and everyone will come to appreciate it like they did the Jordan Bulls, the Showtime Lakers, and the Bird Celtics.

Even in '15, this team was predicated on defense, not jump shooting.

Curry is making his case for the 2nd greatest point guard ever, and is closer than any before to a claim on Magic's throne.

LeBron's shadow is large in the 2010s NBA, but I think the Lakers struggles and the Warriors' dominance is finally causing some people to get more perspective about the league's pecking order today. I think it is inescapable to conclude that Curry has been the league's best player for the last 4 years.

People like to point to Durant to downplay the Warriors' success of the last 2 years. It is important to remember that Durant was playing with Russell Westbrook before Curry, and any "discount" for the 2 for 2 of Curry + Durant must concede that Curry is exponentially better than Westbrook--who most consider a clear top 10 & often top 5 player. At 2 for 2, you might compare Curry & KD to Shaq & Kobe--a nice fit: a transformational star that alters the shape of the basketball court and the generation's most versatile scoring threat. KD & Curry can match Shaq and Kobe this year, which would put Curry ahead of LeBron in rings and just one behind Magic. Unless there are big changes in the West before the trade deadline, the only hurdles are health and the winner of the ECF. With 4 titles in 5 years, who would you compare the Warriors to, if not the Jordan Bulls, the Showtime Lakers, and the Russell Celtics?
Yes to most of this, absolutely no to the bold. But you're a blind Curry guy, there isn't an elongated stretch period where Curry has been better than Durant or Lebron, player-to-player. Parts of seasons, a season, but no longer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball