Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 11:51 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,241,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Where would Jordan be with Varejao for a teammate all those years, and with randoms as coaches instead of PJ? I don't know. 2011-2016 he'd probably have more. Anyway, I never said Lebron > MJ. I only said Lebron is the greatest today and has done more with less than anyone else. (Just look at how useless Kobe was, by comparison, between Shaq and Gasol.)
Winning more from 2011-2016 is a safe bet. He would probably have more Finals appearances before "Miami," if not winning it all.

To be fair, the players Kobe took to the 1st round of the playoffs wouldn't win more than 20 games without him. When he teamed up with Gasol, he won several series against Western conference teams, something Lebron has struggled to do. But it seems like you're more concerned with Kobe in a Lebron and Kyrie discussion than I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 11:55 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,627,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwali2009 View Post
What better competion?Pistons and hawks lol come on the east is weak look at who warriors face in the loaded west

Rockets,blazers and okc

And if miami had a healthy bosh,and whiteside miami woulda beat cavs in eastern finals,sorry queen james and sory cavs got lucky.

By the way only reason sorry cleveland one was because green got suspended in game 5 and bogut injury plus curry wasn't fully healthy
Stop. The Rockets discombobulated butts destroy your whole argument. Word of advice: Don't use Houston in any legit discussion.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:59 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,995,356 times
Quote:
What better competion?Pistons and hawks lol come on the east is weak look at who warriors face in the loaded west

Rockets,blazers and okc

And if miami had a healthy bosh,and whiteside miami woulda beat cavs in eastern finals,sorry queen james and sory cavs got lucky.

By the way only reason sorry cleveland one was because green got suspended in game 5 and bogut injury plus curry wasn't fully healthy
Look at their records. Yeah the west is stronger, but only in the 1-3 seeds. Warriors played crap teams first two rounds. They had to go through the Thunder, but not the Spurs, and not even the Clippers. So it's not like the "omg east so weak" argument holds any water. Either way, GSW was a no show after game 2 in this series.

Just stop with your injury excuses. There's no way Miami would beat Cleveland. They might not even win 1 game. Golden State won the championship last year. There's no asterisk next to it because of Cleveland's injuries. Curry played through the games. He wasn't injured. He was in the game.

Cleveland was the best team this year. There's no disputing that.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:11 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,292,853 times
I am happy for LeBron. I think he's criticized too much for stupid nonsense. He's an excellent player and there has never been any disputing that, and with this, he may have just done the biggest basketball feat of his career.

Stephen Curry, the thing with him, I don't know, you have to like him in terms of the kind of person you hear he is, but his family (his wife especially) seem to create a lot of drama like they're trying to be the Kardashians or something. I could be getting old and my memory fading, but as I recalled things you never heard of Magic's family or Bird's family or Dr J's family or Bill Russell's family or Shaq's family making much ado about "profiling" and "the contest is rigged" etc. Besides that, it irritates me that his name is spelled "Steven" but is pronounced "Ste-PHON." It smacks of being vain and pretentious.

I rooted against Golden State because I don't like this "small ball" trend and to me they are the epitome of it. It's not Stephen's fault, but I do kind of agree with those who observe that his emergence has made many aspire to just shoot 3s all the time. Squash that. I want to see some good POST play as well. I would LOVE it if a Hakeem or a Shaq or heck a Patrick Ewing emerged and started smash-mouthing "small ball" teams. Heck sometimes I wonder if such a player would even make the team, they might complain that they can't shoot the 3, never mind how they'd dominate the post. I HATE that trend and hope a great post player comes along and smashes it to bits.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:25 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,241,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Besides that, it irritates me that his name is spelled "Steven" but is pronounced "Ste-PHON." It smacks of being vain and pretentious.
Well, it's pronounced the same as "Stephanie," without the last syllable. Not pretentious to me.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:41 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,292,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Well, it's pronounced the same as "Stephanie," without the last syllable. Not pretentious to me.
I've always heard it pronounced "Steph-ON." By the way it's spelled, you'd think it would be pronounced "Steven." I mean when's the last time someone said the actor who's the brother of Alec Baldwin was "Stephon" Baldwin? If you want it to be pronounced "Stephon," then SPELL IT that way as Stephon Marbury did. To do otherwise, to me, is pretentious. It smacks of parents who name their children "North West" or "Apple" just to be "special." Bluh, I hate it.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:48 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,230,783 times
Quote:
Lebron plays in the sorry east,another reason he makes it to the finals every year.

the Lakers played in the sorry western conference in the 80's, a reason they made it to the finals 8 times out of 10 in that decade. The East in the 80's was more physical with Boston, Sixers, Pistons, Knicks and Bulls.

I never heard anybody complain about the Magic's Lakers in the 80's. but want to complain about Lebron playing in the Eastern conference.....please!

Old 06-20-2016, 01:29 AM

341 posts, read 263,886 times
Quote:

Just stop with your injury excuses. There's no way Miami would beat Cleveland. They might not even win 1 game. Golden State won the championship last year. There's no asterisk next to it because of Cleveland's injuries. Curry played through the games. He wasn't injured. He was in the game.
A healthy bosh and whiteside would give miami great advantage over cleveland and if true rumors has it durant might go to miami which would favor them in the east.

Quote:
Cleveland was the best team this year. There's no disputing that.
Really?Last I checked cleveland wasnt the team with a 73-9 record,so i think we all know who the best team was this year

Old 06-20-2016, 01:37 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,995,356 times
Oh. Let's just skip the playoffs then.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:57 AM

537 posts, read 442,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
Anyone have a clue?
you can't be serious.... Did he lead in all 5 categories?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball