Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which decision was worse?
LeBron in 2010 18 46.15%
KD in 2016 21 53.85%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 01:03 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,407,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Done deal, pau agreed with Spurs. 2 years 30mil
Sweet! Go Spurs!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 01:07 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,407,769 times
Gasol is 36 though he is getting up there.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:09 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
Gasol is 36 though he is getting up there.
He was like 16/11/4 and 2 blocks last year. Him with Aldridge and Leonard are going to be a huge lineup inside

Old 07-04-2016, 01:20 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
Let's not forget. KG and company really started the trend right? But KG, like Lebron, left a team that clearly was not giving him the support he needed. And both players went onto a team that was currently not a contender.

Durant's move is worse in terms of what team he is leaving and where he is going. Lebron's was worse in how he went about it. But if Cleveland fans can forgive him, I see no reason why other fans shouldn't also forgive.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:31 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,081,106 times
Anyone else also think a big reason why he left was because he didn't want to play with Westbrook anymore?

They're not going to win 73 games again next year with KD or not. I think they've learned that lesson. They're also going to lose depth as I believe this means that Bogut and Barnes are gone. With Gasol going to SA, how is GS going to match up with their size? While Aldridge and Gasol aren't physical forces, they're still very big guys whose length and size will have to be dealt with.

KD is also an average defender at best.

I still think james decision was worse because of the way he did it and then tried to do a PR move by saying it was for charity. Also the factor that a couple of other top level players took salary cuts to collude. Thompson, Green and Curry are all home grown talents.

Old 07-04-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I still think james decision was worse because of the way he did it and then tried to do a PR move by saying it was for charity. Also the factor that a couple of other top level players took salary cuts to collude. Thompson, Green and Curry are all home grown talents.
I don't know. This is the ultimate, can't beat them, join them situation. As bad as Lebron's PR debacle was, it wasn't that.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I don't know. This is the ultimate, can't beat them, join them situation. As bad as Lebron's PR debacle was, it wasn't that.
Can't beat em join em is one thing, setting up a tv show to tell everyone "I'm taking my talents to xxxx" after dragging things out to build hype is IMO far far worse.

Now if durant at the presser starts talking "not 1, not 2, not 3..." Then he's getting closer but lebron allowed his ego to taint his entire career with "the decision"

Old 07-04-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Can't beat em join em is one thing, setting up a tv show to tell everyone "I'm taking my talents to xxxx" after dragging things out to build hype is IMO far far worse.

Now if durant at the presser starts talking "not 1, not 2, not 3..." Then he's getting closer but lebron allowed his ego to taint his entire career with "the decision"
I guess it all depends on a person's capacity to forgive. I was a big Lebron and Heat hater back in the day. Rooted against the Heat in all four Finals.

They were both terrible moves for completely different reasons. I will not conceivably be rooting for the Warriors and Durant at any point next season.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I guess it all depends on a person's capacity to forgive. I was a big Lebron and Heat hater back in the day. Rooted against the Heat in all four Finals.

They were both terrible moves for completely different reasons. I will not conceivably be rooting for the Warriors and Durant at any point next season.
Here's the thing for me, I don't root for anyone player or team outside my Spurs, but I root against dbag fans. Lebron and the cavs ( lebron especially) have some severe Dbag fans, durant really doesn't. I'm not a fan of curry, but more I different towards him. Kerr is a great coach, and I can't stand green. The cavs have love who I think gets a bad wrap. Although I think this league would have been better off with love going to Memphis when he was drafted, the nba was deprived the "Gay/Love era."

Old 07-04-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Here's the thing for me, I don't root for anyone player or team outside my Spurs, but I root against dbag fans. Lebron and the cavs ( lebron especially) have some severe Dbag fans, durant really doesn't. I'm not a fan of curry, but more I different towards him. Kerr is a great coach, and I can't stand green. The cavs have love who I think gets a bad wrap. Although I think this league would have been better off with love going to Memphis when he was drafted, the nba was deprived the "Gay/Love era."
I basically read that as you decide who to hate against or not based on who you happen to encounter on message boards like this one. I guess I can see that perspective. It can certainly get annoying at times. For me, I'm more moved by the actual real happenings of teams and players.

For example, I have a friend who is a die hard Cowboys fan. He understands their are a ton of Cowboy fans giving him a bad name. I'll never disrespect his Cowboys though because I know how legit his fanhood is.

I won't continue to deny Lebron's greatness just because he has more "dumb" fans then any other player. I'm not going to hold something against a team or player they have no control over at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball