Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 07:54 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
How's westbrook gonna be mvp if his team isn't ranked top 5?

Cleary we seen harden's rockets ranked top can okc be top 5?Then yes westbrook but if his team is number 7 or 8 regardless of the numbers im afraid he won't win mvp.99% of all mvps always have their teams in the top 5 seeds.
He won't. Both OKC and Houston are capable of ending up top 5 imo.

The more I think about it, the more I have to think Lebron will win.

GS with the clustering of talent will get vote splitting and so will Harden, Westbrook.

Lebron in the east with the record Cleveland will finish with is the better choice upon reflection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
everyone seems to be over looking kawhi leonard.
came in 2nd in voting last season, dpoy with his defense not missing a beat this year, plus his offense has expanded even further.
if the spurs make a top 2 seed in the west, he has a great chance to win the MVP.
Lots and lots of good contenders for the award and Kwahi is certainly deserving.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:22 PM

578 posts, read 458,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Lebron in the east with the record Cleveland will finish with is the better choice upon reflection.
This I agree with..

Old 11-15-2016, 11:58 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
I still say Westbrook gets it if he averages a triple double and OKC makes the playoffs. So we shall see.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:30 PM

287 posts, read 237,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Since when has a player one a mvp with his team ranked 7 or 8?Its VERY VERY rare,his stats could set records,its also gonna go down to his team record. If they don't make the top 3 or top 5 west brook won't get mvp i see harden winning espically if rockets can get top 5.
You may be right about the MVP's team needing a great record, but I have two issues...First, you didn't take it far enough. In the last 20 years only twice has the MVP not come from a TOP 3 team (Lebron&Shaq). So my first issue is Rockets need a top 3 finish and I really do not see them doing that.

Second, you talk like the Rockets and Thunder aren't in the exact same boat, but they are. They both have an outside chance of being a top 3 seed in their conference let alone the league. They both are flawed teams who can beat the teams they are supposed to beat but lose to the elite teams. And they both have flawed superstar players, but the difference is WB is playing better and has improved on his flaws where Harden is turnstyle D business as usual.

Having said that, I think Lebron gets it but I am rooting for Klaw

Old 11-17-2016, 10:10 PM

Bottom line: If I were to have to bet my house today....I'd take Lebron.

However, it's completely meaningless in the big scheme of things so I don't really care whom wins it.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:00 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Harden is pretty damn talented. Anthony Davis. Russell Westbrook. KAT, Wiggins are sleepers (homer in me talking there).

Old 11-26-2016, 01:28 PM

858 posts, read 707,680 times
I think it's going to be Westbrook as long as he doesn't get hurt. He's going to have the stats but record aside, stats aside...is there a single player in the NBA that plays as hard night in and night out like him? He's a machine. Sure Lebron will have games like that but he takes games off. Harden takes off on the defensive end all the time but he would still be my 2nd place right now with kawhi leonard right up there too since he plays both sides of the ball consistently.

Old 11-28-2016, 06:54 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,030,146 times
1.LeBron James
2.Kevin Durant & Stephen Curry

Old 11-29-2016, 08:53 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I think it'll be hard to give it to either Curry or Durant this year, unless one of them ends up being dominant and the other ends up riding the pine. I think James will top off his finals performance with a regular season MVP this year.
It definitely won't be Curry. His 3P% has dropped to an abysmal 42.1% this season. He's only shooting 49.4% from the field.

In all seriousness, James Harden might end up this year's MVP. He currently has the highest Win Shares Per 48 in the League. The last player to win the MVP without having the highest W/S per 48 was Derrick Rose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball