Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 08:11 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,436 times

Advertisements

It was a decision for Lebron, Kyrie and Love to all stay in Cleveland and not travel with the team to Memphis. So all the fans in Memphis who paid to see Lebron play was disappointed tonight because the cavs main three players are back home in Cleveland. And if the game was on TNT or ESPN fans at home would have been upset too. This decision was supposed to be made by the coach due to a back to back game schedule which still is odd in Kyrie's case because he is only 24.

Never seen any NBA players resting in the month of December in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 08:32 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
You ain't been around to long huh?

Spursxrestrd the entire starting lineup in November.

Happens all the time.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
You ain't been around to long huh?

Spursxrestrd the entire starting lineup in November.

Happens all the time.

Was it a road game?

Old 12-15-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
Was it a road game?
Pop has actually rested the Spurs starters a few times both home and away.
Back to back last month, rested half at home, other half in Miami (I believe it was Miami)

Last night he rested Aldridge at home vs Boston.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Pop has actually rested the Spurs starters a few times both home and away.
Back to back last month, rested half at home, other half in Miami (I believe it was Miami)

Last night he rested Aldridge at home vs Boston.
Why is he resting players early in the season?

Old 12-15-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Why is he resting players early in the season?
Because he's the coach and plays who he wants when he wants in the name of preserving legs and elongating careers.

In addition he hates the schedule the league has given them.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:06 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
First, Kyrie played well into late June with the playoff run and then played over the Summer after coming off a bad injury. I'm definitely fine with his rest given his history.

I have no problem with the others resting as well.

IDEALLY, it would be a home game or a road game with a team that has another opportunity to see the Cavs.
BUT...the Cavs have one goal.

What is happening this year that I don't like- it seems Lebron has indicated to Lue that he wants to win an MVP. Lebron has played 38-39 minutes in a few games that are double digit leads with 3 to go. There have been a handful of games that I watch that I assume he's out and he's still in the game with the second unit. Lebron is averaging an extra minute a night and he's averaging 9 assists a night too and shooting the ball much better from 3. I'd like the see the Cavs continue to win and he earns the award as the best player on the best team, but Lue looks like he is giving Lebron an extra minute or two a night to let him get his numbers as well.

Last night was a little painful, but it was still a decent game.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
First, Kyrie played well into late June with the playoff run and then played over the Summer after coming off a bad injury. I'm definitely fine with his rest given his history.

I have no problem with the others resting as well.

IDEALLY, it would be a home game or a road game with a team that has another opportunity to see the Cavs.
BUT...the Cavs have one goal.

What is happening this year that I don't like- it seems Lebron has indicated to Lue that he wants to win an MVP. Lebron has played 38-39 minutes in a few games that are double digit leads with 3 to go. There have been a handful of games that I watch that I assume he's out and he's still in the game with the second unit. Lebron is averaging an extra minute a night and he's averaging 9 assists a night too and shooting the ball much better from 3. I'd like the see the Cavs continue to win and he earns the award as the best player on the best team, but Lue looks like he is giving Lebron an extra minute or two a night to let him get his numbers as well.

Last night was a little painful, but it was still a decent game.

It became a issue because Memphis is a western conference team

Old 12-15-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
It became a issue because Memphis is a western conference team
Better to rest vs the opposite conference. In case of ties, it can go to record in your own conf.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:25 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Quote:
Better to rest vs the opposite conference. In case of ties, it can go to record in your own conf.
Good point here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball