Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 06:30 PM

1,281 posts, read 769,950 times

Advertisements

This was posted on Twitter last night by a national NBA writer for the Washington Post

"Warriors lose 128-119. Fall to 31-6 on the season. Now 0-5 against San Antonio, Cleveland, Memphis, Houston. Memphis ends game on 49-21 run."

So they sign KD and now can't beat the better teams in the NBA? I keep saying that Steve Kerr is not a good coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 07:51 PM

77,729 posts, read 59,858,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceast View Post
This was posted on Twitter last night by a national NBA writer for the Washington Post

"Warriors lose 128-119. Fall to 31-6 on the season. Now 0-5 against San Antonio, Cleveland, Memphis, Houston. Memphis ends game on 49-21 run."

So they sign KD and now can't beat the better teams in the NBA? I keep saying that Steve Kerr is not a good coach.
The first year in Miami, Lebron & friends were something like 18-18 for the early part of the season.

Integrating Durant will take time and they learned a HARD lesson last year about pushing for regular season wins.

Before anyone argues about that again look at minutes played for various starters. Thanks

Old 01-07-2017, 09:09 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,014,437 times
The "Kerr isn't a good coach" argument is dumb.
He's a very good coach, the warrior have the best record in the NBA, after gutting half their team, adding a very high end offensive piece and trying to incorporate all the new pieces into a system that works smoothly for everyone.

We're not even half way through the season!
The east coast fans are all about hating on the warriors. Grasping at straws, trying to knock at any chance. Sounds like jealousy or fear. Praying the warriors DONT get it together, because the rest of the league will be in trouble.

(Side note, I do hope you're right and they don't come out of the west, because that leaves my Spurs open to making the finals)

Old 01-07-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
He's a very good coach, the warrior have the best record in the NBA, after gutting half their team, adding a very high end offensive piece and trying to incorporate all the new pieces into a system that works smoothly for everyone.

The east coast fans are all about hating on the warriors. Grasping at straws, trying to knock at any chance. Sounds like jealousy or fear. Praying the warriors DONT get it together, because the rest of the league will be in trouble.

(Side note, I do hope you're right and they don't come out of the west, because that leaves my Spurs open to making the finals)
Any NBA coach who allows his team to lose a 3-1 in the NBA Finals cannot be considered a very good coach. Kerr had 3 chances to win the title and the team lost three in a row. So that means he was unable to make adjustment and come up with a game plan. Plus he still has not figured out how to beat the Cavs and is 0-4 in the last 4 games against them. So please tell me what he is doing in the past 7 months to make him a very good coach?

Old 01-07-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

Also if the spurs get the 1 seed the warriors can forget reaching the Finals

Old 01-07-2017, 09:42 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,992,196 times
They might win. But I have serious reservations. Whenever they build up a big lead (last night, vs. Cleveland), they sit around the perimeter chucking up horrible 3s. They don't even try to penetrate. Bad coaching, out of control players. Plus Draymond has foul problems in the playoffs; Curry, Klay, and KD choke in big situations; their bench is awful (I think they got outscored like 50-10 last night, and something similar against Cleveland), and their defense was depleted to bring in Durant. I see them losing to San Antonio. They're going to get thoroughly outcoached, and KD and Curry will have to be outstanding to get to the finals.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
They might win. But I have serious reservations. Whenever they build up a big lead (last night, vs. Cleveland), they sit around the perimeter chucking up horrible 3s. They don't even try to penetrate. Bad coaching, out of control players. Plus Draymond has foul problems in the playoffs; Curry, Klay, and KD choke in big situations; their bench is awful (I think they got outscored like 50-10 last night, and something similar against Cleveland), and their defense was depleted to bring in Durant. I see them losing to San Antonio. They're going to get thoroughly outcoached, and KD and Curry will have to be outstanding to get to the finals.
Seems like the coach is too stupid to tell his team this once his team is up 15 or more in the 4th qtr

"we can slow the game down now since we have the lead so we don't need to shoot 3's just use up most of the shot clock and get a good basket each possession."

Old 01-08-2017, 02:28 AM

578 posts, read 454,535 times
Quote:
Also if the spurs get the 1 seed the warriors can forget reaching the Finals
Spurs are old and boring,clippers or rockets will knock them out!

Warriors are a luck to come out of the west good luck on a team

winning 4 games against kd,curry,and thompson.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Seems like the coach is too stupid to tell his team this once his team is up 15 or more in the 4th qtr

"we can slow the game down now since we have the lead so we don't need to shoot 3's just use up most of the shot clock and get a good basket each possession."
Its one game,now kerr needs to not let big leads pull away agree with that..

Old 01-08-2017, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Come on now,spurs have a history of loosing to atheletic teams,clippers will knock spurs off or rockets.
Spurs wouldn't stand a chance against warriors,spurs too slow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball