Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 11:29 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,747,736 times

Advertisements

I wanna see if Isiah Thomas can step up in the playoffs like paul pierce did years ago for the Celtics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 12:49 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,138,812 times
I could see the Celtics doing well in post season, but imagine next year after lottery pick and if they can pick up anymore good pieces via trades.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:35 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The excitement is that each year the Celtics have gotten better under Stevens, and now they won the East this year. It's all about a steady uprising.
And they knew exactly when to cut ties with their championship players and rebuild from the ground up. Unlike the Lakers

Old 04-13-2017, 04:08 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,961,697 times
They're an overrated team. They're like the 2000s Phoenix Suns, successful regular season team but wont find the same success in the postseason. They've been an overhyped NBA team for three years running now, basically ever since Brad Stevens took over and the rebuilding project following the Big 3 Era started.

In the regular season, teams don't do practice drills to prepare for a single team because there isn't time to do that unless you have a long rest between games in your schedule. In the playoffs, there are no back to backs and you only worry about a single opponent for a two week period per round.

A 5'9" point guard like Isaiah Thomas is able to breeze through the regular season but in the playoffs that will change because he'll have to work with opposition defenses molding their game around stopping him. By doing just that, they cut off the lifeline of the Boston Celtics' offense. This is why this is the third year of the Brad Stevens era in Boston and the first two years they were first round meat for the opposition to prey on. The first time it was the Cavaliers that swept them, then last year it was the Hawks, who weren't really a good team themselves. I do think Boston gets out of the first round this year, given that they play in the pillowsoft Eastern Conference, but I think Washington will take good care of Boston in the second round this year.

The Eastern Conference Finals, in terms of level of competition is on the level of the Semifinals in the Western Conference. The Semifinals in the Eastern Conference is on par with the First Round in the Western Conference. So I think this will allow Boston to get to the second round, because they play in the cakewalk East, but I don't think the Celtics are good enough to get to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Boston is an extremely overrated team, in my opinion the most overrated team in the NBA the last 3 years running. I'm anticipating their exit in the second round.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:11 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,747,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
They're an overrated team. They're like the 2000s Phoenix Suns, successful regular season team but wont find the same success in the postseason. They've been an overhyped NBA team for three years running now, basically ever since Brad Stevens took over and the rebuilding project following the Big 3 Era started.

In the regular season, teams don't do practice drills to prepare for a single team because there isn't time to do that unless you have a long rest between games in your schedule. In the playoffs, there are no back to backs and you only worry about a single opponent for a two week period per round.

A 5'9" point guard like Isaiah Thomas is able to breeze through the regular season but in the playoffs that will change because he'll have to work with opposition defenses molding their game around stopping him. By doing just that, they cut off the lifeline of the Boston Celtics' offense. This is why this is the third year of the Brad Stevens era in Boston and the first two years they were first round meat for the opposition to prey on. The first time it was the Cavaliers that swept them, then last year it was the Hawks, who weren't really a good team themselves. I do think Boston gets out of the first round this year, given that they play in the pillowsoft Eastern Conference, but I think Washington will take good care of Boston in the second round this year.

The Eastern Conference Finals, in terms of level of competition is on the level of the Semifinals in the Western Conference. The Semifinals in the Eastern Conference is on par with the First Round in the Western Conference. So I think this will allow Boston to get to the second round, because they play in the cakewalk East, but I don't think the Celtics are good enough to get to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Boston is an extremely overrated team, in my opinion the most overrated team in the NBA the last 3 years running. I'm anticipating their exit in the second round.

It wouldn't shock me to see them lose to Chicago.

Old 04-16-2017, 03:56 PM

5,820 posts, read 5,627,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post

+10. Basically this!

Old 04-16-2017, 04:12 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
I could see the Celtics doing well in post season, but imagine next year after lottery pick and if they can pick up anymore good pieces via trades.
This. I'm not hyping the Celtics at all right now, but they have the potential to be the future of the eastern conference in a couple years. Perhaps Lebron's stacked teams will be their Jordan/Pistons mountain to climb. Continued improvement/playoff experience plus a fringe all star or better lotto pick..they could be a 60 win team. Of course 2 years can be an eternity with injuries and what not.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:43 PM

120 posts, read 96,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
This. I'm not hyping the Celtics at all right now, but they have the potential to be the future of the eastern conference in a couple years. Perhaps Lebron's stacked teams will be their Jordan/Pistons mountain to climb. Continued improvement/playoff experience plus a fringe all star or better lotto pick..they could be a 60 win team. Of course 2 years can be an eternity with injuries and what not.
celtics got role players,if a team that will grow to come out the east be bull(get butler help)pacers,wizard or buck..

Old 04-18-2017, 08:56 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Don't the celts have the nets next two 1st round draft picks? I know they have this years.

Those picks with what they already have could be setting them up for great things 4-5 years down the road.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:28 PM

3,395 posts, read 2,803,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Don't the celts have the nets next two 1st round draft picks? I know they have this years.

Those picks with what they already have could be setting them up for great things 4-5 years down the road.
It will be interesting if they make KG and Ray Allen type deals 10 years later for known commodities. My feeling is they are waiting on the Cavs to age and the golden state window to close.

They traded first round picks, role players and Jeff green who was raw at the time but showed some promise. Fast forward 10 years and they have the same assets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball