Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 06:08 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,641 times

Advertisements

With the playoffs forthcoming, most people expect the Cavs and Warriors to have the first trilogy in The Finals. Say if that happens, which team has more pressure to win this year's NBA Championship? The star-studded Warriors or the defending NBA Champion Cavs? Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 09:04 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
With the playoffs forthcoming, most people expect the Cavs and Warriors to have the first trilogy in The Finals. Say if that happens, which team has more pressure to win this year's NBA Championship? The star-studded Warriors or the defending NBA Champion Cavs? Why?

To me the warriors since they are coming off a 3-1 collapse in the Finals and signed KD in the offseason to end up with the best record in the NBA again.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:52 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
To me the warriors since they are coming off a 3-1 collapse in the Finals and signed KD in the offseason to end up with the best record in the NBA again.
I totally agree if the Warriors lose in The Finals this year with KD they'll be looked as a joke losing to the Cavs two years in a row in The Finals.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:03 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Lebron brought the title to Cleveland....that took a HUGE monkey off his back and Cleveland's back. He's "ok" for the most part if he never wins another title. I guess the Cavs might be fueled by a desire to prove there was absolutely nothing "fluky" about last year.

The Warriors seem more like hunters this year. They want to prove their regular season win records aren't meaningless. That 2015 wasn't a fluke. Durant wants his first title. Curry wants to redeem himself in the finals. The team wants to prove they are one of the best ever and 2 titles in 3 years + averaging ~70 wins would allow them to make an argument.

I'd say the pressure is on GSW. Cavs really don't have that much pressure...they are going in as a 50 win team that already won their title.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:41 AM

120 posts, read 96,556 times
Yup warriors and they add KD they are expected to win,if everyone is healthy we shall see..

I do hope kd wins it this year!

Old 04-13-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
I totally agree if the Warriors lose in The Finals this year with KD they'll be looked as a joke losing to the Cavs two years in a row in The Finals.

Yup and I don't know if they would be able to recover from that if they don't win the title again with a added KD.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:10 AM

422 posts, read 396,960 times
Cavs with out a doubt. They're limping into the playoffs relinquishing the #1 overall seed--and although the east doesn't have that other dominant team to challenge them(Boston is good but don't see them winning a series against CLE) the Dubs are poised to win their 2nd chip in 3 years.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsaeed View Post
Cavs with out a doubt. They're limping into the playoffs relinquishing the #1 overall seed--and although the east doesn't have that other dominant team to challenge them(Boston is good but don't see them winning a series against CLE) the Dubs are poised to win their 2nd chip in 3 years.

I been watching Lebron long enough to know he plays his best when expectations are low. So the Cavs will be back in the Finals in June.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:09 AM

422 posts, read 396,960 times
^^^
They may make it back to the finals, but the Dubs are coming for vengeance. There is no way CLE goes back to back--their squad too suspect, aside from Kyrie and Lebron they don't have the killer instinct as a collective unit to win it all.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsaeed View Post
^^^
They may make it back to the finals, but the Dubs are coming for vengeance. There is no way CLE goes back to back--their squad too suspect, aside from Kyrie and Lebron they don't have the killer instinct as a collective unit to win it all.
When it comes to Lebron James anything is possible and he proved that last June. I guess that is why I am so excited for this year's playoffs because I don't know what to expect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball