Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2017, 08:27 AM

32,104 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
To be honest, I had kinda forgotten about him. He seems to be the forgotten Splash Brother nowadays.

The thing about Klay is that he's not nearly as good at creating his own shot as Curry/Durant. So if his shot isn't falling, it's easy to forget he's out there sometimes.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:32 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
To be honest, I had kinda forgotten about him. He seems to be the forgotten Splash Brother nowadays.
KD is the new number 1

Curry is the new number 2

Klay is the new number 3

Old 05-23-2017, 08:41 AM

32,104 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
KD is the new number 1

Klay is the new number 3
I'd say Durant and Curry are more like 1 and 1a. Durant is better in ISO, but he never seems to have one of those "big" games. Sure, he'll get 31 with 9 boards on 54% shooting, but he doesn't seem to have the mentality of an IT4 or Kyrie Irving who have no problem pouring it on. I have a rare criticism of KD, which is that he often doesn't shoot enough.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:39 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Klay has always been a streaky player offensively, which made him unreliable as the #2 option. He could score 4 one night and 40 the next. His defense, though, is consistently stellar.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:51 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:

The thing about Klay is that he's not nearly as good at creating his own shot as Curry/Durant. So if his shot isn't falling, it's easy to forget he's out there sometimes.
You are right about Klay. He still does great work on the defensive end, and he attracts defensive attention just moving off of the ball. When he poured in 60 points in 3 quarters, I think he only dribbled like 17 times. There's no better 3 and D guy in the NBA.

Quote:
KD is the new number 1

Klay is the new number 3
Sorry, Curry is #1, Green is #2, KD is #3, and Klay is #4. Curry's on-off splits are insane (a first-ever season +/- over 1000), and you can watch the difference in the way the Warriors play (on both ends) every time he comes off of the court. He's the engine of this rocketship.

Draymond is the NBA's best defender. And he's an excellent secondary playmaker, taking over the half court offense when teams double Curry at 35 feet.

KD can score . . . on anyone and at will. And he's an elite defender when focused.

Klay's a great player, but plays 4th fiddle on this loaded team.

Quote:
I'd say Durant and Curry are more like 1 and 1a. Durant is better in ISO, but he never seems to have one of those "big" games. Sure, he'll get 31 with 9 boards on 54% shooting, but he doesn't seem to have the mentality of an IT4 or Kyrie Irving who have no problem pouring it on. I have a rare criticism of KD, which is that he often doesn't shoot enough.
There's no ISO defender capable of stopping KD. But the offense stagnates when they move to that play. This team is much better when the ball is in Curry's hands with player movement, ball movement, and screens creating good looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Klay has always been a streaky player offensively, which made him unreliable as the #2 option. He could score 4 one night and 40 the next. His defense, though, is consistently stellar.
100%

Old 05-23-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
You are right about Klay. He still does great work on the defensive end, and he attracts defensive attention just moving off of the ball. When he poured in 60 points in 3 quarters, I think he only dribbled like 17 times. There's no better 3 and D guy in the NBA.

Sorry, Curry is #1, Green is #2, KD is #3, and Klay is #4. Curry's on-off splits are insane (a first-ever season +/- over 1000), and you can watch the difference in the way the Warriors play (on both ends) every time he comes off of the court. He's the engine of this rocketship.

Draymond is the NBA's best defender. And he's an excellent secondary playmaker, taking over the half court offense when teams double Curry at 35 feet.

KD can score . . . on anyone and at will. And he's an elite defender when focused.

Klay's a great player, but plays 4th fiddle on this loaded team.

There's no ISO defender capable of stopping KD. But the offense stagnates when they move to that play. This team is much better when the ball is in Curry's hands with player movement, ball movement, and screens creating good looks.

100%
If Curry was a true number one they wouldn't have lost 3 in a row to lose the Finals last year. Like someone said above, the highest for him is 1a since he doesn't have that take over quality that leaders show in the post season.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
If Curry was a true number one they wouldn't have lost 3 in a row to lose the Finals last year. Like someone said above, the highest for him is 1a since he doesn't have that take over quality that leaders show in the post season.
Have you been watching them play? There's no question that he's the leader on the floor for this team. He's pouring in points and creating opportunities and space for his team. When he's in, they play Warriors basketball, with movement, spacing, and great shots. When he's out, they rely much more on ISO.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Have you been watching them play? There's no question that he's the leader on the floor for this team. He's pouring in points and creating opportunities and space for his team. When he's in, they play Warriors basketball, with movement, spacing, and great shots. When he's out, they rely much more on ISO.
I watched him play and he is more of a contributor not a leader. One example is him walking off the court with his head hanging down at halftime of game 1vs the spurs. It confused me because the game wasn't over so seeing him exit the court like that at the half wasn't the look of a leader. Leaders also have more than one way to beat you and curry relies heavily on his 3 point shots going in to beat you. So if the 3's are not falling then he is out of the game mentally. LeBron on the other hand can beat you with his jumpshot, passing, or attacking the Basket along with his defense.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I watched him play and he is more of a contributor not a leader. One example is him walking off the court with his head hanging down at halftime of game 1vs the spurs. It confused me because the game wasn't over so seeing him exit the court like that at the half wasn't the look of a leader. Leaders also have more than one way to beat you and curry relies heavily on his 3 point shots going in to beat you. So if the 3's are not falling then he is out of the game mentally. LeBron on the other hand can beat you with his jumpshot, passing, or attacking the Basket along with his defense.
Man, I can't understand what you see. Curry torched the Spurs inside with dribble penetration. His passing creates opportunities all over the floor, especially with teams doubling him well beyond the 3 point line. His 3s usually go in, but he beats teams when they aren't, too.

Trying to psychoanalyze body language won't get you far. Watch how the team plays with him vs. without him.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Man, I can't understand what you see. Curry torched the Spurs inside with dribble penetration. His passing creates opportunities all over the floor, especially with teams doubling him well beyond the 3 point line. His 3s usually go in, but he beats teams when they aren't, too.

Trying to psychoanalyze body language won't get you far. Watch how the team plays with him vs. without him.
KD is now the true leader of this team so I don't know if curry will ever have that opportunity to be the dog top anytime soon. KD plays like the leader of the team by taking control. Curry looks for teammates to pass him the ball so he can shoot the 3 pointer which is the role of a contributor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball