Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 12:56 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Game 3 is a must win for the Bulls because if they lose it then shifts the momentum back to Boston. The Celtics would be feeling good again since they know they have another game in Boston. So the bulls could be in a situation where they would need to win game 6 at home to avoid going back to Boston for game 7
That's quite some spin there.

Game 3 isn't a "must win" for the Bulls. If they were to lose Game 3 win and Game 4, they'd go back to Boston with a 3-1 lead. Assuming they fail to close the Celtics out in Game 5 in the Garden, they get another chance to do it in the United Center in Game 6. What's not to like about that if you're in the Bulls camp? I'm sure they'd rather be facing this situation than the opposite.

Quote:
And how many people see the bulls winning a 3rd game in Boston if they lose one of two at home?
I do. They've already beaten them there twice with last night's win being decisive. But again, they don't need to win any more games in Boston. They can split with the Celtics at home and then close them out in a Game 6 in front of their fans. The worst possible thing that could happen to the Bulls is blowing HC advantage and losing the next 2 games.

Quote:
So if the bulls win on Friday then the series is over because Boston will not win 4 in a row.
I think nearly everyone will agree with you here.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:30 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,468,918 times
IMO game 4 is a bigger "must win" for the Bulls than game 3 is. Game 3, at least to me, is basically a "throw away" game. If they lose, eh who cares, you got the first 2 in Boston so you could afford to lose a home game without giving up the home court advantage again. Try some new combinations, different offensive/defensive sets, etc. Game 3 is a nothing for the Bulls. Game 4 on the other hand...

If the Bulls do indeed win game 3, I wouldn't want to go back to Boston, finish them while they can. Granted, no team in NBA history has come back from 0-3 down, but it has been done in hockey & baseball, and ironically, Boston teams in both sports were apart of it in the last 15 years: Bruins (hockey) lead 3-0 in the 2010 NHL playoffs and lost in 7 while the Red Sox (baseball) trailed 0-3 in 2004 and won the series in 7 games becoming the first MLB franchise and 3rd overall to comeback from an 0-3 deficit and win in 7 games.
If the Bulls do indeed lose game 3 then they'd need game 4 to keep home court in their favor.

Granted, no playoff game should be a "throw away" but if the Bulls want to try some new things, game 3 is the game to do it.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:42 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
IMO game 4 is a bigger "must win" for the Bulls than game 3 is. Game 3, at least to me, is basically a "throw away" game. If they lose, eh who cares, you got the first 2 in Boston so you could afford to lose a home game without giving up the home court advantage again. Try some new combinations, different offensive/defensive sets, etc. Game 3 is a nothing for the Bulls. Game 4 on the other hand...

If the Bulls do indeed win game 3, I wouldn't want to go back to Boston, finish them while they can. Granted, no team in NBA history has come back from 0-3 down, but it has been done in hockey & baseball, and ironically, Boston teams in both sports were apart of it in the last 15 years: Bruins (hockey) lead 3-0 in the 2010 NHL playoffs and lost in 7 while the Red Sox (baseball) trailed 0-3 in 2004 and won the series in 7 games becoming the first MLB franchise and 3rd overall to comeback from an 0-3 deficit and win in 7 games.
If the Bulls do indeed lose game 3 then they'd need game 4 to keep home court in their favor.

Granted, no playoff game should be a "throw away" but if the Bulls want to try some new things, game 3 is the game to do it.

I learned from the finals last year that there should not be a such thing as a throw away game. The bulls have the home court and need to win both so they can get ready for the 2nd round.

You never know what can happen if they slip up and lose game 3 and then playing in game 4 to avoid going back to Boston for game tied at 2-2

Old 04-19-2017, 01:53 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Bulls have their shot making game on- that was the problem part of the year- they had no outside presence. That could easily go away and it could be 2-2 heading back to Boston- this aint over.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:06 PM

120 posts, read 96,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Bulls have their shot making game on- that was the problem part of the year- they had no outside presence. That could easily go away and it could be 2-2 heading back to Boston- this aint over.
dude its over,sorry wade,rondo and butler are wayyy too much for celtics..

Celtics *might*steal a game,but i dont think bulls will let them.

I said ealier bulls vs cavs in ecf!

Old 04-19-2017, 04:00 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
After seeing the Celtics get blown out by the Cavs...at home and with the 1 seed on the line, I didn't really care if they made the ECF. After two games, I'm not ready to rewrite the story the Bulls' season...they'll probably go back to looking like a .500 team soon.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:05 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,043 times
Quote:
You don't think it's better for the bulls to enter game 4 up 3-0 vs 2-1 when they will have to come back to boston?
I don't think it's a must win game when they're up 2-0 and have homecourt.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I don't think it's a must win game when they're up 2-0 and have homecourt.
But they "must" protect that home court and complete the sweep right? Do you remember the Lakers winning both games at Pheonix back in 1992 and coming back home with a 2-0 lead and lost the series?

Old 04-19-2017, 05:35 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
But they "must" protect that home court and complete the sweep right? Do you remember the Lakers winning both games at Pheonix back in 1992 and coming back home with a 2-0 lead and lost the series?
The Bulls will have home court advantage even if the Celtics get game 3.

That will just mean the Bulls can close it out in game 6 at home.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The Bulls will have home court advantage even if the Celtics get game 3.

That will just mean the Bulls can close it out in game 6 at home.

But I;m sure they would rather close out in 4 games since they are coming home with a 2-0 lead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball