Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 10:48 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,746,472 times

Advertisements

leaves Cleveland again after the team loses? I mean do you agree that he is at the point of his career now where he has to retire from the Cavs now? The fact that he has already jump ship twice in his career after failure means that there should be no more running to another team especially after a loss in the Finals. How pathetic would Lebron look if he jumped ship again? This is why I will always have respect for these players below because they were motivated after a Finals loss to come back and win the next season.

Isiah Thomas, loss in 88 and won in 89

Magic loss in 84 and won in 85

Dr. J loss in 82 and won in 83

Bird loss in 85 and won in 86

So hopefully Lebron sticks around and finishes his career in Cleveland if they lose to the warriors next month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 11:17 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,463,064 times
He'd still be one of the greatest players of his time and top 10 player of all time. But if he loses this year, the team (Cavs) could be considered a paper tiger per say losing to the best team they would've faced since the Eastern Conference is a complete joke.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
He'd still be one of the greatest players of his time and top 10 player of all time. But if he loses this year, the team (Cavs) could be considered a paper tiger per say losing to the best team they would've faced since the Eastern Conference is a complete joke.

I don't know, top 10 would be hard for me to see with 8 losses in the Finals and jumping ship 3 times after his team was knocked out the playoffs. I feel if you leave to join forces with other stars you have to win the Finals or stay so you can go at it again next season. Not run away again after a loss on the big stage so you can join other stars on another NBA to win another title

Old 05-21-2017, 11:27 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
NBA Finals how would Lebron be viewed if he leaves Cleveland again after the team loses?
I, personally, will view him as one of the greatest players to have played the game who made personal choices about where he wanted to live and play.

But, the question is how he will be viewed.
Others will certainly have a lot of "hot takes".

Old 05-21-2017, 01:33 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,633,857 times
It's kind of a silly question because he won't leave Cleveland again unless Gilbert slaps his wife in public or something to that extent. He's already in the best situation as he joined as a superstar to a team with several #1 draft picks. Who would be better...Boston? They're still less complete than the Cavs. Oh right, maybe he can go enjoy all that great nightlife in Utah.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's kind of a silly question because he won't leave Cleveland again unless Gilbert slaps his wife in public or something to that extent. He's already in the best situation as he joined as a superstar to a team with several #1 draft picks. Who would be better...Boston? They're still less complete than the Cavs. Oh right, maybe he can go enjoy all that great nightlife in Utah.

I also found out that he is signed until 2017-2018 and was going by his initial deal he signed in 2014. So yes the question is silly and wish I can delete the thread.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:56 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,633,857 times
Quote:
I also found out that he is signed until 2017-2018 and was going by his initial deal he signed in 2014. So yes the question is silly and wish I can delete the thread.
It's okay, he only signed short deals so he could make max money as the cap rises.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:45 PM

65 posts, read 79,348 times
I think people expect too much for him lebron has been in 7 STRAIGHT finals(his going this year)and swept the east.

His going against a super team!I believe he will win but even if he lost he is still greatest player!

Old 05-21-2017, 06:58 PM

65 posts, read 79,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The east has been a joke since lebron joined miami,and he dominated more with cleveland so this isnt new.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:08 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,519,265 times
Quote:
leaves Cleveland again after the team loses? I mean do you agree that he is at the point of his career now where he has to retire from the Cavs now? The fact that he has already jump ship twice in his career after failure means that there should be no more running to another team especially after a loss in the Finals. How pathetic would Lebron look if he jumped ship again? This is why I will always have respect for these players below because they were motivated after a Finals loss to come back and win the next season.

Isiah Thomas, loss in 88 and won in 89

Magic loss in 84 and won in 85

Dr. J loss in 82 and won in 83

Bird loss in 85 and won in 86

So hopefully Lebron sticks around and finishes his career in Cleveland if they lose to the warriors next month
I'm virtually certain that his career will end in Cleveland. Losing in the Finals again (even never winning another) won't eliminate the all-time great resume he has built. Assuming health on both sides, he is going to spend the remainder of his best years facing off against this Golden State juggernaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
I, personally, will view him as one of the greatest players to have played the game who made personal choices about where he wanted to live and play.

But, the question is how he will be viewed.
Others will certainly have a lot of "hot takes".
This is the only right answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball