Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 02:17 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Finals should be good though.
I hope so. But I am expecting Warriors in 4 or 5. Then again I thought the same last year too and was pleasantly surprised.

I probably shouldn't count out a Lebron Cavs team against these Warriors as both the previous series the Cavs did much better than I anticipated. Then again, Curry played poorly in both of them so I am just assuming eventually he will show up, Clay won't disappear and Draymond will stay on the court and Warriors cruise to victory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 02:42 PM

65 posts, read 79,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I hope so. But I am expecting Warriors in 4 or 5.
what?no way warriors can ever win that easy against a healthy cavs!

Old 05-24-2017, 05:02 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I hope so. But I am expecting Warriors in 4 or 5. Then again I thought the same last year too and was pleasantly surprised.

I probably shouldn't count out a Lebron Cavs team against these Warriors as both the previous series the Cavs did much better than I anticipated. Then again, Curry played poorly in both of them so I am just assuming eventually he will show up, Clay won't disappear and Draymond will stay on the court and Warriors cruise to victory.

I think the Warriors win in 4 if Cleveland loses again tomorrow and win in 5 if Cleveland wins tomorrow.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:07 PM

5,825 posts, read 5,632,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I think the Warriors win in 4 if Cleveland loses again tomorrow and win in 5 if Cleveland wins tomorrow.
Lol everybody said that last year, too. We'll all see soon enough!

Old 05-25-2017, 01:36 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Lol everybody said that last year, too. We'll all see soon enough!
It cracks me up when people always bring up last season. If that is the case lets give the Cavs the championship since they won it last year.

What happened last season doesn't carry over to this season. in 2013 the Miami Heat beat the Spurs but in the following season (2014) the Spurs beat the Heat. Just like in CFB, Alabama beat Clemson last season and this season Clemson beat Alabama.

Its very hard to beat a team two championships in a row.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
It cracks me up when people always bring up last season. If that is the case lets give the Cavs the championship since they won it last year.

What happened last season doesn't carry over to this season. in 2013 the Miami Heat beat the Spurs but in the following season (2014) the Spurs beat the Heat. Just like in CFB, Alabama beat Clemson last season and this season Clemson beat Alabama.

Its very hard to beat a team two championships in a row.

Yup

Bird couldn't do it in 1985
Magic couldn't do it in 1989

Old 05-25-2017, 01:57 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,381 times
I just wanna hear what Lebron fans say if he loses again
this year.

Barkley just addressed this the other night.Saying why are people already ranking him over Kobe and right next to Jordan with only 3 rings that we're won on teams he handpicked with multiple All stars.

ESPN is the Lebron hype machine but i understand they gotta say crazy things to boost the ratings.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:59 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
If this 2016-2017 Cavs season has taught me one thing- one opponent to the next doesn't matter.

If the Cavs are locked in defensively (happens when the stakes are higher) and we see the Lebron we saw in the first 10 games of playoffs- I'd be shocked with your outcome.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
If this 2016-2017 Cavs season has taught me one thing- one opponent to the next doesn't matter.

If the Cavs are locked in defensively (happens when the stakes are higher) and we see the Lebron we saw in the first 10 games of playoffs- I'd be shocked with your outcome.
When they were unable to keep pace with the Warriors and not complete the sweep, I had no choice but to favor the Warriors to beat the Cavs in the Finals.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:24 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
When they were unable to keep pace with the Warriors and not complete the sweep, I had no choice but to favor the Warriors to beat the Cavs in the Finals.
I see game 3 as having no impact at all whether the Cavs win or lose this next series against the Dubs. Just as the Warriors being 15 games better than Cleveland last year. If anything the loss will serve as a nice wake up call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball