U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 08:48 PM

11,680 posts, read 7,067,088 times

Advertisements

Well? Is the east worse than we even thought? The Cavs dominated the east yet they are getting dominated themselves.

Warriors>Healthy Spurs >>>>>>>>>>>>>Cavs>>>>>Rockets>>Celtics/Thunder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 09:05 PM

5,536 posts, read 4,127,413 times
I think some will agree that the 2 best teams are in the west. I suspect the Cavs will be a bit better at home.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:10 PM

114,173 posts, read 54,271,449 times
What we already knew. (Warriors < healthy ???Spurs.) We couldn't know that equation's answer. The Spurs weren't ready for these finals, I felt, because Pop shuffled players too much all season with Tim Duncan's absence. Then Tony Parker (with tons of playoff experience) goes out and then in what surely was a winning effort the spurs combination best defender and best scorer goes out. We'll never know about that series. We have only the regular season match ups to go by.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
What we already knew. (Warriors < healthy ???Spurs.) We couldn't know that equation's answer. The Spurs weren't ready for these finals, I felt, because Pop shuffled players too much all season with Tim Duncan's absence. Then Tony Parker (with tons of playoff experience) goes out and then in what surely was a winning effort the spurs combination best defender and best scorer goes out. We'll never know about that series. We have only the regular season match ups to go by.
With the Warriors' overall performance in the playoffs I'm willing to say Warriors > Spurs. I'm guessing very few people will be in hurry to throw out an asterisk for the injured Spurs matchup if they sweep the Cavs.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:37 PM

114,173 posts, read 54,271,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
With the Warriors' overall performance in the playoffs I'm willing to say Warriors > Spurs. I'm guessing very few people will be in hurry to throw out an asterisk for the injured Spurs matchup if they sweep the Cavs.
Well, I'm a Spurs fan and don't give in so easily. I will admit it would likely have taken a monumental effort in at least 4 games to beat the Warriors. Of course we expect they'll be no asterisk for anyone but spurs fans, if that. That's why most would like to see one failure by the Warriors. The Spurs are winners they don't need to win the championship every year. Warriors will likely have a season like the last or better. Big shakeups will be necessary in the coming seasons with the disparities on display these play offs.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:14 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I think some will agree that the 2 best teams are in the west. I suspect the Cavs will be a bit better at home.
It's been pretty clear all season that the top 2 teams, and maybe top 3, are in the West this year. The Cavs must defend better to join the Spurs and Warriors.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:07 PM

4,214 posts, read 2,847,551 times
It says that the NBA has for years erred with the Super Team thing, and that now the players have too much say that must be reigned in...

It also says the Warriors are the best team in the NBA by the biggest margin ever, if they win the postseason by 20 ppg...

The run has been historic and will deservedly be remembered as one of the greatest ever. It won't last, though. It'll run it's course. They'll be a competitive Top 3 team (Top 1 mostly) for the next 2-3 years. They won't win three in a row. Including this year's maybe, they'll win at best 2 more rings. Then the balance of power will shift again. That's how it works in the NBA...

Old 06-08-2017, 02:59 PM

1,428 posts, read 2,544,209 times
I'm confused. How does the Warriors sweeping the west determine the west is the better conference?

Old 06-08-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
I'm confused. How does the Warriors sweeping the west determine the west is the better conference?
The Cavs crushed all their eastern foes and the Warriors are crushing the Cavs. Seems like that COULD indicate the Warriors would blow out teams like the Celtics or Raptors by an average margin of 30.

The Spurs are really the only team to beat the Warriors in the playoffs. Given their 30 point lead (with Kwahi), 61 wins, and 2-1 regular season record against the Warriors - maybe not a stretch to say they are the 2nd best team. Even severely short handed they kept 2 of the last 3 games within 14.

The Cavs don't look much better than the Jazz against the Warriors.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:53 PM

12,204 posts, read 10,441,159 times
I think the main issue is star players who actively pursue a championship don't want to play in the East unless it's with LeBron. At least in the West there is some competition in the playoffs (this year notwithstanding) and more young teams who have a brighter future than in the East.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or