U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Tokyo, Japan
6,633 posts, read 8,324,180 times
Reputation: 7592

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Isn't that how we elect our president ? The majority of the most populous votes wins the election
No.

In 2000 Al Gore won the popular vote and he lost. In 2016 Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by over 3 million people and she lost.

Presidential elections are determined by the electoral college, not the popular vote. The popular vote is largely just a gimmick, to make people feel good like their vote and opinion actually matters, like they have a say in determining their leader when in the end, it doesn't and they don't.

The American states control the election, not the American people unfortunately. Popular vote, by itself, gets you nowhere in the election. Actually, I take that back, not all American states control the election, only the purple states (the swing states) do. Everyone else's vote is essentially worthless.

 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:40 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,123,980 times
Reputation: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
I don't have a problem with your opinions overall. If you believe Kobe > LeBron, so be it. Not here to change that but just introducing new parameters to the discussion is all.

The only thing you've said that I actually have an issue with is this hang up regarding LeBron and the Superteam.

Look man, LeBron tried and did everything he could to get Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, and Amar'e Stoudemire to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the summer of 2010 when he was a free agent. All three of them promptly rejected his offer and Wade suggested that he and Bosh team up with him in Miami instead.

What's the dude supposed to do? No one had an interest in playing in Cleveland at that time. Cleveland is not Los Angeles, it doesn't have pull like that. No one wanted to join him there. He tried and he tried hard to recruit people because you can't win championships all by yourself, he knew that, which is why he tried but he was rejected, not once but three times. Twice by people he considered his close friends (Wade and Bosh).

That's ultimately why he left.

Also, I'm not a big LeBron fan. I'm a Kobe fan and Kevin Durant fan. If I had to pick anyone other than those two then it would be Kawhi Leonard. I just think LeBron takes so much flack for random as hell things that he cannot even control, that's all.
Again i respect your opinion.

I just hold greatest as the team leaders with the most rings.
After all we don't play for stats we play to win.

There's plenty of players i think Kobe and even Allen Iverson is better than but out of respect i rank Bill Russell,Jordan and Kareem at the top because of those rings.

I remember at the end of game 5 in the 2017 finals with 2 minutes left the Cavs needed a few more 3 pointers and over and over again LeBron drove to the basket to score 3 to 4 layups. Immediately my homeboy sitting next to me said look at LeBron padding his stats.He said the Cavs need a big time 3 and all LeBron keep doing is scoring points because he knew even in defeat his apologists will look at his numbers and say it wasn't LeBron look what he put up on the board lol

Its the same thing Westbrook and James Harden do,Pad stats but never win any big games or championships.
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:44 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times
Reputation: 1982
[quote=Kobe25;49111822]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post


I'll make it easy for you.

Kobe as the man led his team from 05 - 13
Midway through 05 he was hurt so look like that's probably another season i can chop away from Kobe. [ 7 1/2 seasons ]

Lebron even on Super Teams had free will to be the man.

I remember Dwade saying it's best he holds back so Lebron can do his thing.

So by math in 2017 Lebron had 7 more seasons of free will than Kobe ever had to lead his team.LET THAT SINK IN !

Yet Kobe has more seasons playing at an elite level.

Seasons avg 27 ppg or higher Lebron had 8
Seasons avg 27 ppg or higher Kobe had 9

Keep in mind Kobe even avg 30 ppg while playing alongside Shaq !!

this is all silly argument. kobe played 3.5 more seasons worth of qames yet lebron out ranks him IN EVERY STATISTICAL CATEGORY. all of them. you can hem and haw all you want, and try to skew things to explain "why" but you are just plain wrong. period.
so its great news that kobe averaged 30 ppg while playing with an HOFer on his team, but it was "the other guys let him do it" when lebron played with HOFers? way to pick and choose the narrative. your argument is dumb, pointless and not very well thought out to boot.


I wont argue with you far as Rebounds & Assists but far as scoring,Kobe is better than Lebron flat out.

Far as fg% majority of Lebron shots are layups or inside the paint where Kobe is on the perimeter shooting fadeaways over 2 to 3 defenders [ Killer Instinct ]

killer instinct? more like hero ball. maybe if kobe shared the ball more instead of trying to play hero ball he wouldnt be passed by lebron already. you know, a guard being out assisted by a forward? thats not a good look at this level. lebron should average more rebounds and blocks, but kobes "all defense" was centered a lot around his gambling for steals. and guards are supposed to collect assists. especially the primary ball handler like kobe was for a long time.

More 60 pt games = Kobe
More 50 pt games = Kobe
More 40 pt games = Kobe
More 35 pt games = Kobe
62 pts in 3 quarters = Kobe
40 ppg for an entire month 4 different times
55 pts at half-time
57 pts in 3 quarters 3 different times
30 pts in a quarter twice
65 pts , 50 pts , 60 pts , 50 pts FOUR GAMES IN A ROW !!!
NO NEED TO CONTINUE

all irrelevant. most of those were while he was missing the playoffs and playing hero ball without sharing with his teammates.

Higher career high in reg season = Kobe single game? or single season? not career average
Higher career high in playoffs = Kobe single game? because not single season or career average. kobe playoff high average season was 32.8 ppg in 06-07, lebron was 35.3 in 08-09. lebron also averaged 30.8 in the playoffs as a rookie.

Even on defense Kobe is better.
Kobe made the all defensive team 12x to Lebron 4 or 5
So based on numbers Kobe is the better 2 way player as well.

lebron had to compete with kg forwards and centers for an all defense selection, there are not a ton of great guards who defend. easier to make the all defense team when your competition is limited.

So you don't like what Mike said,here's a list of other Nba greats that rank Kobe over Lebron

Dwayne Wade
Charles Barkley
Russell Westbrook
Kenyon Martin
Ron Artest
Kyrie Irving
Allen Iverson
Reggie Miller
Shaquille Oneal
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Scottie Pippen
Mark Jackson
Stephen Jackson
Tracy McGrady
Gilbert Arenas
Paul George
Kevin Durant
Dennis Rodman
Derek Fisher
The GOAT Himself

irrelevant, but where are the links? or are you once again just throwing names out there hoping they will stick.
list of nba greats mixed in with some EHHHH


I even could switch the debate to Jordan vs Lebron and you'll still come up with excuses.

Again,you can argue with the NBA greats and fans



70,876 people have voted through ESPN and Kobe came out on top 60% to Lebron 40%

Looks like the majority of our readers agree with Jordan that Kobe is better



SportsNation -- How would you rank LeBron James and Kobe Bryant?

Log into the link and see for yourself that the votes came from around America lol


You need me to link another poll from years ago ? Im not making this stuff up lol Fans around the world have chosen Kobe over Lebron time and time again.

You went as far as saying you needed to see what states voted like Kobe isn't recognized across the globe as the 2nd Mike.
please do. link a link that shows the vote breakdown not one that only shows the vote total.

ill just wait over here for the next attempt at goal post moving, pot calling kettle black, do as i say not as i do out of you.

#Troll
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Tokyo, Japan
6,633 posts, read 8,324,180 times
Reputation: 7592
That's true, I can agree with that.

LeBron does have some showman in his DNA. He definitely does pad his statistics in certain games, I think he does it so that way he can say that "look, we lost but it wasn't my fault that we lost, look at what I did in the game." That's one of the more annoying traits about him.

He did this in Game 4 of the 2016 NBA Finals. The game was essentially over, the Cavaliers got blown out by like 30+ points and it should have been garbage time but LeBron stayed in the game with the bench crew to pad his statistics up and to bait Draymond into making a mental mistake such as punching LeBron after LeBron stepped over him disrespectfully, that cost Draymond a game due to suspension.

That's a fair criticism for LeBron, he does have some showman in him and he's not as focussed on the goal at hand the way Kobe or Duncan were. Both of those guys were always laser focussed every game they played, which is why they have better NBA Finals records than LeBron. Tim Duncan is 5-out-of-6 and Kobe is 5-out-of-7. LeBron's NBA Finals record is a mediocre 3-out-of-8. LeBron is a lot like Shaq in that way, a showman and not as focussed on the game at hand and certainly not as disciplined as a Kobe or Duncan.

Those are fair knocks on LeBron and probably the reason why he will never catch Michael Jordan, who is 6-out-of-6 in the NBA Finals (perfect) and was the reason for all 6 NBA Finals wins (which is why he has 6 NBA Finals MVPs).
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:49 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Again i respect your opinion.

I just hold greatest as the team leaders with the most rings.
After all we don't play for stats we play to win.

There's plenty of players i think Kobe and even Allen Iverson is better than but out of respect i rank Bill Russell,Jordan and Kareem at the top because of those rings.

I remember at the end of game 5 in the 2017 finals with 2 minutes left the Cavs needed a few more 3 pointers and over and over again LeBron drove to the basket to score 3 to 4 layups. Immediately my homeboy sitting next to me said look at LeBron padding his stats.He said the Cavs need a big time 3 and all LeBron keep doing is scoring points because he knew even in defeat his apologists will look at his numbers and say it wasn't LeBron look what he put up on the board lol

Its the same thing Westbrook and James Harden do,Pad stats but never win any big games or championships.
you should go back and read the play by play again.
some "big time 3s" ?
Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors - Jun, 12 2017 - Game Preview, Play by Play, Scores and Recap on NBA.com | NBA.com
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:50 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,123,980 times
Reputation: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
No.

In 2000 Al Gore won the popular vote and he lost. In 2016 Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by over 3 million people and she lost.

Presidential elections are determined by the electoral college, not the popular vote. The popular vote is largely just a gimmick, to make people feel good like their vote and opinion actually matters, like they have a say in determining their leader when in the end, it doesn't and they don't.

The American states control the election, not the American people unfortunately. Popular vote, by itself, gets you nowhere in the election. Actually, I take that back, not all American states control the election, only the purple states (the swing states) do. Everyone else's vote is essentially worthless.
Of course the electoral college vote is key but even than the president with the most electoral votes is the winner !!!

We can go over this a million times and it still wouldn't make a difference.

You can post LeBron stats,Mvps & his all around ability.It still wouldn't change my mind.

Like i said my eyes tell me differently,I rank better player based on skills and fundamentals + the will to win.

If i take a 6'9 player with brute strength and speed of course i want him on my team. But if my eyes see a player walk in the gym that has sick dribbles,post-game, wet jumper and the ability to knock down fadeaways over 2 defenders at a time than that's who im taking 10 times out of 10 over the big strong 6'9 guy.

Sure the 6' 9 player has more rebounds,dunks and assist but i know if the game is on the line and i wanna win i want the guy with the crazy ability to knock a shot down over multiple defenders with seconds left.

I dont care about anything else but winning.And i have more of a chance to win with a deadly weapon like that.

Last edited by Kobe25; 08-07-2017 at 06:01 PM..
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:52 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,123,980 times
Reputation: 500
[quote=rigas;49112193]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post

please do. link a link that shows the vote breakdown not one that only shows the vote total.

ill just wait over here for the next attempt at goal post moving, pot calling kettle black, do as i say not as i do out of you.

#Troll
No sir,what you do is go back debating with that other poster who called you a troll about Garnett vs Dirk
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:57 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,123,980 times
Reputation: 500
[quote=rigas;49112193]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post

please do. link a link that shows the vote breakdown not one that only shows the vote total.

ill just wait over here for the next attempt at goal post moving, pot calling kettle black, do as i say not as i do out of you.

#Troll


DAN PATRICK SHOW Reggie Miller: Kobe tops LeBron in all-time Top 10

Brian Scalabrine says Kobe Bryant would fall out of his all-time Top 10 players to play in the NBA, but Reggie Miller says Bryant would make it and even top LeBron James.


Here's your Reggie miller link with him ranking Kobe over LeBron !! Im not gonna sit up here and give you a link to each player....Matter fact go on YouTube and look it up yourself

Even if i linked a link you'll still come up with another excuse like oh whatever those are the states that hate Lebron lol

Unfortunately there's nothing to link but the first link !!
All 50 states in America voted, what else do you want ?


Reggie Miller: Kobe Bryant tops LeBron James in all-time Top 10 | NBC Sports

Last edited by Kobe25; 08-07-2017 at 06:15 PM..
 
Old 08-07-2017, 05:59 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,123,980 times
Reputation: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
That's true, I can agree with that.

LeBron does have some showman in his DNA. He definitely does pad his statistics in certain games, I think he does it so that way he can say that "look, we lost but it wasn't my fault that we lost, look at what I did in the game." That's one of the more annoying traits about him.

He did this in Game 4 of the 2016 NBA Finals. The game was essentially over, the Cavaliers got blown out by like 30+ points and it should have been garbage time but LeBron stayed in the game with the bench crew to pad his statistics up and to bait Draymond into making a mental mistake such as punching LeBron after LeBron stepped over him disrespectfully, that cost Draymond a game due to suspension.

That's a fair criticism for LeBron, he does have some showman in him and he's not as focussed on the goal at hand the way Kobe or Duncan were. Both of those guys were always laser focussed every game they played, which is why they have better NBA Finals records than LeBron. Tim Duncan is 5-out-of-6 and Kobe is 5-out-of-7. LeBron's NBA Finals record is a mediocre 3-out-of-8. LeBron is a lot like Shaq in that way, a showman and not as focussed on the game at hand and certainly not as disciplined as a Kobe or Duncan.

Those are fair knocks on LeBron and probably the reason why he will never catch Michael Jordan, who is 6-out-of-6 in the NBA Finals (perfect) and was the reason for all 6 NBA Finals wins (which is why he has 6 NBA Finals MVPs).
Exactly, that's the same thing my homeboy said

Cavs lose but Lebron will pad his stats to say it isn't his fault lol

Again i respect your opinion

Last edited by Kobe25; 08-07-2017 at 06:14 PM..
 
Old 08-07-2017, 06:06 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,123,980 times
Reputation: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I'll make even more easier for you, Agree to disagree

Kobe + Jordan > Lebron in my book, Why keep debating it or are you the one really trolling here ?

My mind is made up !!
Nothing you or anyone else can do to change that.

If Duncan + Lebron > Kobe in your book that doesn't affect me not one bit so why does my ranking bother you so much ?

Me and the other poster have debated back and forth just fine and even agreed to respect each other's opinion, why is that so hard for you to do ?

We all have different views so if nothing else this thread is over. Let's move on to the next
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top