U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-06-2017, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,422 posts, read 12,409,364 times
Reputation: 4851

Advertisements

1.Michael Jordan
2.LeBron James
3.Magic Johnson
4.Lewis Alcindor
5.Wilt Chamberlain
6.Bill Russell
7.Shaquille O'Neal
8.Larry Bird
9.Oscar Robertson
10.Tim Duncan

 
Old 06-06-2017, 05:28 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,122,697 times
Reputation: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Rah rah rah lol...

This isn't about Lebron vs Jordan or Kobe...

And obviously ring count is not the determining factor in the GOAT list because if it was, Russell would be #1 forever and always. So counting rings is a a secondary metric, not a primary one...

You my dog P, but you can't argue any topic without throwing Kobe in there lol. Kobe is not Top 5, and the highest he could be is #6 because he isn't playing anymore. And if you listen to sports radio and read these articles, #6 is kinda high for Kobe. Nobody thinks as highly of him as you lol. I personally think he is right with Magic for next-best Laker...

Everything else you said, you just refuse to look beyond ring count and "Super Teams". I'll tell you what, we'll all agree that Bill Russell is the #1 GOAT because he led the original SuperTeam, the '60s Celtics, and has the most rings. Agree on that and wash your Kobe jersey and we'll call it a day hahahaha....

I'm just clowning but you gotta come with something better than your typical strawman arguments!

It's funny you say that no publications have Kobe ranked higher than Lebron !! I'll prove you wrong in a few but first i want to touch on what a long time friend of mine told me this morning...

He's a security guard for Compton rapper Yg so he's always traveling across the country and conversing with people across the states.

He told me that for the most part everything outside of California - Neveda is Eastcoast bias and Eastcoast influenced.Magazines,radio,sports,etc

Said fans everywhere from Georgia to New York is riding with Lebron !!

See this has nothing to do with facts but more so the Los Angeles area and I see now that he isn't lying.

L.A for all it's influence and history is arguably still the most hated city in America.

Whether it's on internet message boards or radio stations ive seen & heard bias people / analyst from Chicago, New York, Boston,V.A, Philly all team up and go against anything L.A ! And guess who held L.A up for the past 20 years ? Kobe Bean Bryant...The most hated player in nba history. Honestly Ive heard fans rank Wade & Ray allen over Kobe and be dead serious about it lol.They have no problem ranking Duncan top 5 or top 10 and will ignore Kobe beating him more time in the playoffs,plus Duncan never winning back to back. they'll say Shaq carried Kobe and he's an arrogant a**hole,

To be continued on my next post
 
Old 06-06-2017, 05:42 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,122,697 times
Reputation: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Ranking the 25 greatest players in NBA history | FOX Sports

From 2016, Kobe #12, Lebron #2...

CBS Sports' 50 greatest NBA players of all time: Where do LeBron, Curry rank? - CBSSports.com

From 2017, Kobe #10, Lebron #2...

All-Time #NBArank: Counting down the greatest players ever All-Time #NBArank: The greatest players ever
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

From 2016, Kobe #12, Lebron #3...

https://www.si.com/nba/2016/02/09/mi...y-nba-greatest

From 2016, Kobe #12, Lebron #5...

.......

Moral of the story, you're the only person on this board in the last year, and one of few people period, who think Kobe is still better than Lebron. 99% have accepted that he isn't, the publications and sportswriters who follow the game for a living have all accepted Lebron ran by Kobe 2-3 years ago, at least...

I would throw Kobe in the lower Top 10, but as you can see, nobody really agrees with me. Kobe's average rank in these reputable articles is 11.5, so there s something to him being between 10-12 all-time. Not a single publication has him above 10, and honestly that would be a difficult argument to make...

Conversely, Lebron's average rank is #3. Not a single publication has him lower than #5, and though you may not like it, there is a very weak case to argue against him as Top 5. He's there...the thing with Lebron is you can absolutely debate his position within the Top 5. I can't really argue with anywhere at 2-5, and he's not at #1 yet. But he's Top 5 and staying there, no matter what irrelevant stuff like Super this or that you want to bring up. He's an easy decision as Top 5 and can make a case as #2. He and Kobe aren't peers, and I watched them both play. Kobe is a barely Top 10 player, but likely many people would say he's just outside the 10 spot. There is a substantial gap between Lebron and Kobe and everyone except you seems to know this...


I say that to say Kobe could have won 6 or 7 rings and they still would've ranked him #15 of all time !!!! I think it was because he was an arrogant L.A kid who didn't suck up to the media like they wanted him too and of course what happened in colorado didn't help.

So now let's prove you wrong about Kobe never being ranked over Lebron on any public outlet.

Let's ignore all the greats like Jordan,Barkley,Shaq,
Reggie miller,KD,Wade,Pippen ranking Kobe over Lebron.You know the greats that actually played against Kobe & Bron and know the game better than any bias radio host or media analyst.



Like you said earlier most people had Lebron ranked over Kobe 3 years ago and that's when Lebron had 1 or 2 rings....It never mattered if Lebron won any rings or not because 7 years ago it was Lebron got more Mvps and better stats.He's the one the media wanted to push over Jordan from day 1 so Kobe was always in a bad situation regardless. No matter if Jordan himself says Kobe is better than Lebron they'll say Jordan is a hater lmao
 
Old 06-06-2017, 05:48 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,122,697 times
Reputation: 500
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...tory/72247776/

Usa today - 2016

# 1 Kobe

# 2 Lebron

# 3 Moses Malone
 
Old 06-06-2017, 05:51 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,122,697 times
Reputation: 500
Here's another article from 2016 that has Kobe ranked top 5

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usato...anking-nba/amp

1. Micheal Jordan

2. Kareem Abdul - Jabbar

3. Magic Johnson

4. Larry Bird

5. Kobe Bryant

6. Bill Russell

7. Wilt Chamberlain

8. Tim Duncan

9. Oscar Robertson

10. Lebron James
 
Old 06-06-2017, 05:56 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,122,697 times
Reputation: 500
There's no need to post links of who the greats think are better.i just wanted to show you that not everyone has LeBron ranked as high as you think.But he is going down as one of the greatest ever and that's not something i have a problem admitting.
 
Old 06-06-2017, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,422 posts, read 12,409,364 times
Reputation: 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
They have no problem ranking Duncan top 5 or top 10 and will ignore Kobe beating him more time in the playoffs,plus Duncan never winning back to back. they'll say Shaq carried Kobe and he's an arrogant a**hole,
I have Kobe at 11th above Hakeem Olajuwon, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and Julius Erving.

Elgin Baylor is the best player in NBA history without a ring.
 
Old 06-06-2017, 06:49 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,122,697 times
Reputation: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I have Kobe at 11th above Hakeem Olajuwon, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor and Julius Erving.

Elgin Baylor is the best player in NBA history without a ring.
So where do you rank Oscar ?
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:29 PM
 
51,887 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Reputation: 32369
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Jordan #1 for sure; and for kicks, inch-for-inch when rating players, I'd put Isiah Thomas in the top ten long before I would Shaq - insane what Thomas could at heights and the shots he needed to take (and ultimately make), when his team needed him. Magic Johnson and perhaps Oscar Roberston are the only pgs that I can see being ranked higher.
Mugsy for GOAT then I guess. (Go look him up on wiki. lol)

Last edited by Mathguy; 06-06-2017 at 07:38 PM..
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:37 PM
 
51,887 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Reputation: 32369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
It's funny you say that no publications have Kobe ranked higher than Lebron !! I'll prove you wrong in a few but first i want to touch on what a long time friend of mine told me this morning...

He's a security guard for Compton rapper Yg so he's always traveling across the country and conversing with people across the states.

He told me that for the most part everything outside of California - Neveda is Eastcoast bias and Eastcoast influenced.Magazines,radio,sports,etc

Said fans everywhere from Georgia to New York is riding with Lebron !!

See this has nothing to do with facts but more so the Los Angeles area and I see now that he isn't lying.

L.A for all it's influence and history is arguably still the most hated city in America.

Whether it's on internet message boards or radio stations ive seen & heard bias people / analyst from Chicago, New York, Boston,V.A, Philly all team up and go against anything L.A ! And guess who held L.A up for the past 20 years ? Kobe Bean Bryant...The most hated player in nba history. Honestly Ive heard fans rank Wade & Ray allen over Kobe and be dead serious about it lol.They have no problem ranking Duncan top 5 or top 10 and will ignore Kobe beating him more time in the playoffs,plus Duncan never winning back to back. they'll say Shaq carried Kobe and he's an arrogant a**hole,

To be continued on my next post
Yet you fail to recognize that the LA area is biased in favor of Kobe....lmao.

It's just the OTHER areas that are biased.

You have a long history of picking different criteria when comparing Kobe to other players.

Disqualifying Duncan because his team really wasn't healthy 2 years in a row is pretty funny.

That argument might sell well to 20 yo Golden State (formerly Laker) fans but this is the deep end of the pool so don't try to sell that knock-off argument here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top