U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2017, 11:14 AM

51,934 posts, read 41,798,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Nothing to do with Kobe,i just rank him over LeBron like many other NBA greats and fans across the globe.
In just the last 18 months or so he's added a ring, finals MVP, 2 more all-nba 1st team, 2 all-stars, 3600 points or so (just regular season) and so on and so forth.

How can you possibly compare two players when one of them is STILL packing stuff onto their legacy like that?

We had this same conversation with Kobe v. Jordan and you were making that very argument about how Kobe would win X many more rings and points etc. and that we had to give him a break because he was still playing. I remember this because I partially agreed (we needed to wait and see) with you but warned that he was likely going to drop off from age and injury but then you mentioned his superior conditioning.

I just think you have to be consistent now that you're on the other side of that discussion.

Regardless, who cares what people think NOW. In 5 years people will have a more accurate view of things and all the arguments made now will be utterly meaningless.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:28 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Correct. Dirk rules!
ill give you credit, you are a pretty funny person.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:51 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,124,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
lmao calling mods. really?
"im gonna tell on you"
i thought we were adults around here.

i left the dirk vs kg because it was over.
your kobe comments and posts are NEVER ENDING.

you are the biggest thread hijacker on the website. you cant let it pass when someone mentions lebron in any way, or kobe, or jordan. you have to let the world know kobe is greater than james. you take it to heart like someone called your mother a bad name when someone says james > kobe.

facts
Believe it or not mods have already warned me on here before to back away from certain topics with you so that's what im doing...

You can't seem to leave me alone though lol

Old 08-08-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
In just the last 18 months or so he's added a ring, finals MVP, 2 more all-nba 1st team, 2 all-stars, 3600 points or so (just regular season) and so on and so forth.

How can you possibly compare two players when one of them is STILL packing stuff onto their legacy like that?

We had this same conversation with Kobe v. Jordan and you were making that very argument about how Kobe would win X many more rings and points etc. and that we had to give him a break because he was still playing. I remember this because I partially agreed (we needed to wait and see) with you but warned that he was likely going to drop off from age and injury but then you mentioned his superior conditioning.

I just think you have to be consistent now that you're on the other side of that discussion.

Regardless, who cares what people think NOW. In 5 years people will have a more accurate view of things and all the arguments made now will be utterly meaningless.
Math, i don't really remember but if we did have that convo it was probably in 2011 when Kobe had a 2nd chance at a 3peat, Either that or when Cp3 got traded to the Lakers.

No matter what i thought it was,Kobe didn't get the job done to surpass Mike !! I can accept that with no problem.

With Lebron,his best chance to surpass Mike was in the 2014 Finals,James, just like Kobe before him really had a good chance to surpass Mike but that boat has sailed.He lost in 2015 & 17 !! 16 was so controversial because of the Draymond suspension i don't really give him credit for that win either.No need to bring up 2007 or 11.To me that's way too many losses to ever catch Mike.

So with that being said,Kobe nor Lebron is better than Mike far as all time ranking,

Now im looking at Curry as the one with a chance to win 6,We'll see

Old 08-08-2017, 02:43 PM

227 posts, read 769,969 times
11-20 is much harder actually

Hakeem
Oscar
Jerry West
Dr J
Karl Malone
Moses Malone
Dirk
KG
Baylor
David Robinson

Old 08-08-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callofdutyplayer View Post
11-20 is much harder actually

Hakeem
Oscar
Jerry West
Dr J
Karl Malone
Moses Malone
Dirk
KG
Baylor
David Robinson
Yes sir, What about Wade, Barkley & Isiah Thomas ?

Old 08-08-2017, 03:11 PM

51,934 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Math, i don't really remember but if we did have that convo it was probably in 2011 when Kobe had a 2nd chance at a 3peat, Either that or when Cp3 got traded to the Lakers.

No matter what i thought it was,Kobe didn't get the job done to surpass Mike !! I can accept that with no problem.

With Lebron,his best chance to surpass Mike was in the 2014 Finals,James, just like Kobe before him really had a good chance to surpass Mike but that boat has sailed.He lost in 2015 & 17 !! 16 was so controversial because of the Draymond suspension i don't really give him credit for that win either.No need to bring up 2007 or 11.To me that's way too many losses to ever catch Mike.

So with that being said,Kobe nor Lebron is better than Mike far as all time ranking,

Now im looking at Curry as the one with a chance to win 6,We'll see
I'm just saying that it's not accurate to project what a player might do in the future when comparing to someone that has completed their career but then turn around and compare two players without giving any credit to the one with an incomplete career.

Again, the easy way to fix this is to just wait and let them settle their own destiny.

Besides let's face it, what we think now doesn't matter. Nobody ever goes back and says...."Well when Lebron was 32 he only had X many points so his points ranking doesn't count".

With that said, I have nothing further to add to the discussion.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm just saying that it's not accurate to project what a player might do in the future when comparing to someone that has completed their career but then turn around and compare two players without giving any credit to the one with an incomplete career.

Again, the easy way to fix this is to just wait and let them settle their own destiny.

Besides let's face it, what we think now doesn't matter. Nobody ever goes back and says...."Well when Lebron was 32 he only had X many points so his points ranking doesn't count".

With that said, I have nothing further to add to the discussion.
I hear you math

Old 08-08-2017, 06:39 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times
Quote:
Believe it or not mods have already warned me on here before to back away from certain topics with you so that's what im doing...

You can't seem to leave me alone though lol
oh im gonna keep calling your BS. thats all.

just call em as i see em

Old 08-08-2017, 06:49 PM

4,211 posts, read 2,830,037 times
Almost universally, if you asked followers of pro basketball, people who really care and follow the game, where is Kobe on the GOAT list:

a)to a man nearly everyone is going to say Top 15, easily. The majority of people will put him between 10 and 12...

b)next to nobody will rank him below 15...

c)a substantial less than half will put Kobe inside the Top 10. Most people feel that if Kobe is Top 10, he's at the very back end; very few people think Kobe is higher than 10...

d)next to nobody believes he's really #1. Maybe in the one percentile or less. I've heard a person or two call Kobe the all-time GOAT. Besides that person or two he's never mentioned there and only very rarely in the Top 5...

Kobe Bryant was a great player, one of the best ever, and nothing can deny that. Conversely, if you asked people who really follow the sport where Lebron is on the GOAT list:

a)the overwhelming majority, probably 95%+ at this point, would say he's Top 10 without a doubt. The days of straight faced saying Lebron is not Top 10 died at least 14 months ago but in all reality probably died a year or two before that...

b)only the most dense of Lebron haters will rank him below 10. Absolutely nobody has him past that besides delirious Kobe fans...

c)over half of true students of pro basketball have in the Top 5 already. There is still probably a sizable 15% give or take that don't want to give that to him, but that minority is dwindling very quickly...

d)there is a very small minority, if say 5% tops, that currently believes he's #1 ever. Bit that five percent multiples dramatically with the people who have him #2 or #3. It's not a stretch to say that at this point, there is at minimum a third of us who look at Mike being the only player above him. Not the majority of us, mind you, but definitely a very sizable and notable block consider him the next best thing to Jordan...

Lebron's record speaks for itself. That's including his negative qualities and taking repeated ass kicking in The Finals. But his legacy is infinitely greater than the minuses one can dock him for...and he's still playing...it is beginning to be very uncomfortable for even the hardest Jordan fans to deny he's knocking on the door of Jordan's legacy. Lebron could announce his retirement in the morning without ever hitting the floor again, and realistically, all things considered--that means every important metric of being an NBA basketball player--, besides Mike, who are we saying has done it bigger and better than Lebron? It's an extremely short list if one is being objective, honest, and open-minded...

Kobe Bryant was great but he was not Lebron. Not close. There are comparables to Kobe's scale. Lebron is playing and created a legacy in the rarest of rarefied air. Hate him all you want, you have to admit that much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or