U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 07:41 PM

51,927 posts, read 41,791,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usato...tory/72247776/

Usa today - 2016

# 1 Kobe

# 2 Lebron

# 3 Moses Malone
Reporters doing "analysis" is like watching Chris Farley try to be a ninja.

Honestly, if somebody presented an "analysis" like that in my job....they'd be fired.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:05 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,123,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yet you fail to recognize that the LA area is biased in favor of Kobe....lmao.

It's just the OTHER areas that are biased.

You have a long history of picking different criteria when comparing Kobe to other players.

Disqualifying Duncan because his team really wasn't healthy 2 years in a row is pretty funny.

That argument might sell well to 20 yo Golden State (formerly Laker) fans but this is the deep end of the pool so don't try to sell that knock-off argument here.
It's not that the L.A area is biased for Kobe because we love Jordan to death !!! Love Curry and the Warriors but it's still Lakers over everything.

It's just like being a Yankees fan in New York or a Cowboys fan in Dallas,When you win so much the city and players become the envy around the world.

Lakers won so much that for the first time in league history owners blocked a legalized trade to prevent Chris Paul to the Lakers.

Kobe is my guy but im not bias to the point where i wont keep it real.There's 4 or 5 guys that I'll glady rank over Kobe and each one of these guys are arguably the GOAT,

Jordan
Magic
Kareem
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain

I base that on the impact they had on the floor !! No need for me to even explain the dominance each 5 of those Goats accomplished.

But if we're talking about straight up basketball skills than Kobe is right next to Jordan easy.If its just basketball skills than im taking Iverson,Curry,Durant & Mcgrady in my top 5 - 10.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Reporters doing "analysis" is like watching Chris Farley try to be a ninja.

Honestly, if somebody presented an "analysis" like that in my job....they'd be fired.
Look man I was just asked to show any publications of Kobe being ranked over Lebron so i did so.

But let's kill the analytics, let's be truthful here,

Forget about Kobe now because that's a dead issue to me at this point. You guys can rank him #20 and it won't effect me none because i know what my eyes showed me.Nothing nobody can say will change that.Same thing my eyes are showing me now with Curry & Durant !!

Let's talk Duncan vs Lebron here.I know Duncan is your guy and i seem to be the only one ranking Duncan over Lebron.

Dont be afraid to speak up man lol

You notice im debating with a few other people and you wanna jump in on the let's bash kobe babdwagon lol

So im taking Kobe out of the equation because we just gonna end up going in circles all day long.

Now let's get to it,where do you rank Duncan vs Lebron ?
Who's better & had a bigger impact on the game ?

Simple question Math

Old 06-07-2017, 06:26 AM

10,423 posts, read 12,416,860 times
Quote:
So where do you rank Oscar ?
9th, above Tim Duncan and below Larry Bird.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:50 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,291,704 times
1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Magic
4. Larry Bird
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Lebron
7. Wilt
8. Bill Russell
9. Shaq
10. Iverson

In terms of NBA performance and brand awareness.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Magic
4. Larry Bird
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Lebron
7. Wilt
8. Bill Russell
9. Shaq
10. Iverson

In terms of NBA performance and brand awareness.
So you taking Iverson over Duncan ?

Old 06-07-2017, 08:54 AM

7,704 posts, read 4,564,490 times
Bill Russell doesn't belong in the top-10. Sure, he won 11 rings, but none of those teams featured fewer than four Hall-of-Famers...some had as many as seven. Russell's offensive game was limited, to say the least. He can best be described as a sane Dennis Rodman with the leadership skills. That makes him a great player, but surely not one of the 10 best basketball players in history.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:14 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,291,704 times
Quote:
So you taking Iverson over Duncan ?
Remember, i said performance and brand awareness. I remember Iverson sparked a lot of interest with his game when he was with the 76ers. The hip-hop community also embraced him and his style.

Duncan is a great player + HOF but was not a very interesting player to follow. He was a non-emotional person. Nothing wrong with that but due to this not a lot of fans were excited to see him play.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Remember, i said performance and brand awareness. I remember Iverson sparked a lot of interest with his game when he was with the 76ers. The hip-hop community also embraced him and his style.

Duncan is a great player + HOF but was not a very interesting player to follow. He was a non-emotional person. Nothing wrong with that but due to this not a lot of fans were excited to see him play.

Yeah Duncan and the Spurs was boring and they still are.

But Duncan is the greatest PF ever so that gotta hold some kinda weight.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:57 AM

482 posts, read 251,209 times
My All-Time All-NBA Team as of 2017:

1st Team
PG- Magic Johnson
SG- Michael Jordan
SF- LeBron James
PF- Tim Duncan
C- Hakeem Olajuwon

2nd Team
PG- John Stockton
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Kevin Durant
PF- Larry Bird
C- Shaquille O'Neal

3rd Team
PG- Gary Payton
SG- Jerry West
SF- Scottie Pippen
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4th Team
PG- Stephen Curry
SG- Dwyane Wade
PF- Charles Barkley
PF- Karl Malone
C- Wilt Chamberlain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or