U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2017, 11:40 PM
 
4,576 posts, read 7,076,737 times
Reputation: 4228

Advertisements

Jerry West is leaving to join the Clippers as GM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2017, 11:44 PM
 
4,576 posts, read 7,076,737 times
Reputation: 4228
Correction...going in advisory role like he was at GS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2017, 08:07 AM
 
4,445 posts, read 3,549,485 times
Reputation: 5309
Lebron should just come join the Warriors

They would beat every other team playing 4 on 5 (Curry, Lebron, KD, Klay or Draymond)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2017, 04:54 PM
 
4,292 posts, read 1,866,783 times
Reputation: 2353
I feel like Thompson would be the most likely one to want to leave and become his own man in a way. Star in a leading role with another good player. But even if Thompson does leave Golden State is still going to be an extremely good team. I don't see any of the other big four going anywhere. I'd love to see Thompson go to a team like San Antonio to balance things out at the top. Thompson and Leonard could both be the superstars on the Spurs similar to Curry and Durant on the Warriors.

Is Thompson content with being a really good star player or does he want a crack at being an all-NBA super star?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2017, 09:23 PM
Status: "Warrior fan no matter the roster" (set 20 hours ago)
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,221 posts, read 10,448,793 times
Reputation: 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I feel like Thompson would be the most likely one to want to leave and become his own man in a way. Star in a leading role with another good player. But even if Thompson does leave Golden State is still going to be an extremely good team. I don't see any of the other big four going anywhere. I'd love to see Thompson go to a team like San Antonio to balance things out at the top. Thompson and Leonard could both be the superstars on the Spurs similar to Curry and Durant on the Warriors.

Is Thompson content with being a really good star player or does he want a crack at being an all-NBA super star?
There's been a lot of talk about that, but given his personality I don't see it. He's very unassuming and seems to hate the spotlight, just wants to chill with his dog and his supermodels. I think as long as he's given a respectable contract worthy of his talents he'll stay in the Bay Area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2017, 10:02 PM
 
4,576 posts, read 7,076,737 times
Reputation: 4228
They should take a lesson from Luke Walton and stay where they are winners. IMO, Walton made a big mistake going to the Lakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2017, 11:12 PM
 
4,292 posts, read 1,866,783 times
Reputation: 2353
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
They should take a lesson from Luke Walton and stay where they are winners. IMO, Walton made a big mistake going to the Lakers.
Why? It's not like Walton was the head coach. Would you rather be Mike Brown or Luke Walton. Kerr can't even let Mike Brown get the credit for winning the championship by staying away from the team. He easily could have with his health issues. I think it is better to be the head coach of a team, especially the Lakers, over being someone on the Warriors that nobody will remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2017, 11:43 AM
 
8,154 posts, read 5,334,041 times
Reputation: 9365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Why? It's not like Walton was the head coach. Would you rather be Mike Brown or Luke Walton. Kerr can't even let Mike Brown get the credit for winning the championship by staying away from the team. He easily could have with his health issues. I think it is better to be the head coach of a team, especially the Lakers, over being someone on the Warriors that nobody will remember.
This is a good point. Kerr was out for a good portion of the playoffs but then came back in time for the finals so everyone could remember that this was all him.

GS pretty much runs the Triangle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2017, 12:16 PM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,882,297 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
This is a good point. Kerr was out for a good portion of the playoffs but then came back in time for the finals so everyone could remember that this was all him.

GS pretty much runs the Triangle.
The Warriors definitely do not pretty much run the triangle. They blend a few offenses, but are closest to motion offense and Nellieball (aka 7 seconds or less, run and gun, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Why? It's not like Walton was the head coach. Would you rather be Mike Brown or Luke Walton. Kerr can't even let Mike Brown get the credit for winning the championship by staying away from the team. He easily could have with his health issues. I think it is better to be the head coach of a team, especially the Lakers, over being someone on the Warriors that nobody will remember.
Kerr is the head coach. Mike Brown (like Walton before him) was keeping the seat warm. Like Walton & Gentry, Mike Brown will parlay his time with the Warriors into a head coaching gig. Like Walton, he . . . won't be a great coach. I was hoping the Pelicans would fire Gentry so the Warriors could re-hire him. The Pelicans have delivered a roster that makes no sense. They've got to move Cousins this offseason for some wings and guards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2017, 03:03 AM
 
Location: southwestern USA
1,815 posts, read 1,763,774 times
Reputation: 2396
I agree with some posters that there is a real potential for the Warriors to string together a run of championships.

Dynasties are very hard to predict with injuries, free agents defecting for the dollars, team chemistry, and changes in coaching and management.

This group appears to be cohesive and enjoys the team setting. If they can resign Curry after his contract expires they have a chance to win several more championships consecutively.

In this day and age of free agency and player movement, dynasties are very few---so keep tuned in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top