U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 06:14 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,862,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sooo we are now back to same old story of next year they'll get two big free agents. Always next year.
Same story maybe. Then again, as usual I don't recall anyone saying the Lakers would land anyone big last off-season. But you have to finally admit, it's starting to look like there is at least a decent chance of bringing in one or two big names next year. 1. They'll finally have space. 2. Tons of potential talent on the market next year 3. One guy, Paul George, has openly stated he would like to go to L.A. He could change his mind, but for now you have to consider it a real possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 03:41 PM

52,055 posts, read 41,862,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Same story maybe. Then again, as usual I don't recall anyone saying the Lakers would land anyone big last off-season. But you have to finally admit, it's starting to look like there is at least a decent chance of bringing in one or two big names next year. 1. They'll finally have space. 2. Tons of potential talent on the market next year 3. One guy, Paul George, has openly stated he would like to go to L.A. He could change his mind, but for now you have to consider it a real possibility.
1. They had space last year, they used it on Deng and Mozgov. So I have no idea what you mean by "finally having space".

2. There are TONS of threads about Lakers getting premier free agents that go back years here and in the media. The Lakers often used it as hype to get people to renew their season tix and skyboxes despite having a crap product that has set franchise records for sustained badness.

Here you go...

Los Angeles Lakers Delete Their LaMarcus Aldridge Tweets | Bleacher Report

Russell Westbrook Responds to Question About Potentially Playing for Lakers | Bleacher Report

Lakers News: Shaquille O'Neal Predicts Kevin Durant Will Sign With L.A. - Lakers Nation

(lol he wouldn't even MEET with them)

LeBron James leaving Cavs for Lakers rumors are growing - Business Insider

Just type "Lakers are going to get xxxxxxxxx" in google and we've had the same posts here too.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:47 PM

2,015 posts, read 2,016,234 times
Quote:
Who exactly on the Lakers right now is Paul Pierce caliber?

Hey, I'm all ears if someone has an actual reasonable explanation to all of this but I mean seriously when all I'm hearing is "well a bunch of top guys will just team up there" I have to shake my head because I've heard that one A LOT.

So again, why not just dust off the Lamarcus Aldridge to the Lakers thread?

Maybe I could dust of the Westbrook to Lakers thread?

Or the Durant to the Lakers thread?

Or the Lebron to the Lakers thread?

I'm not joking it's like every single big name player is GOING to go to the Lakers until they don't.

I wouldn't dust off the LeBron to the Lakers thread, there is a lot of meat on that bone.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I wouldn't dust off the LeBron to the Lakers thread, there is a lot of meat on that bone.
That's not meat on the bone....it's tofu on a stick.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:30 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,205,971 times
Quote:
That's not meat on the bone....it's tofu on a stick.
oh i much prefer meat over tofu

Old 06-29-2017, 07:26 PM

1,627 posts, read 1,020,559 times
Does anyone anyone want Kevin Love?
The Cavs style of play seems to fit PG13 to a tee, and it will pretty much gurantee a close 18 Rematch vs GS.

From what I have read, it seems not one ONE team wants Kevin Love. How bad is this guy?

Old 06-29-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
oh i much prefer meat over tofu
Don't worry, I heard that the Lakers are going to build a time machine and bring Kobe and Shaq back from 15 years ago.

Hey, don't laugh....it's about as realistic as the constantly delusional string of "we're going to get Lebron, Duran, Aldridge, Westbrook, Lebron again crap we have had to listen to for what? 5 years now? More?

Old 06-29-2017, 09:35 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,434,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Does anyone anyone want Kevin Love?
The Cavs style of play seems to fit PG13 to a tee, and it will pretty much gurantee a close 18 Rematch vs GS.

From what I have read, it seems not one ONE team wants Kevin Love. How bad is this guy?
I don't think that he's bad per se, but he has a limited skill set that has been overrated stat-wise (the double-doubles) and has been overpaid by the Cavs (like most of their roster). Signing a big-moneyed PF with limited defensive skills isn't attractive to most contending teams.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:43 AM

2,841 posts, read 1,782,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I don't think that he's bad per se, but he has a limited skill set that has been overrated stat-wise (the double-doubles) and has been overpaid by the Cavs (like most of their roster). Signing a big-moneyed PF with limited defensive skills isn't attractive to most contending teams.
How is he overpaid in comparison with some of these other new Max deals???? Look at for instance a guy like Al Horford- same type position/same skill set.

My problem with Love- the team spends the first quarter making a concerted effort to get him looks and touches while passing up opportunities and looks for others. It puts the team to sleep. His post game is okay, he's a good rebounder, he's a great 3pt shooter for his size, which creates lineup challenges (ask a lot of Eastern Conference foes that have big clumsy C or bigs challenged athletically. My biggest worry is his back flaring up and he misses most or all of a season- as a result I don't project him as a long term piece.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:06 PM

1,674 posts, read 754,979 times
Paul George traded to the Thunder? I doubt he signs an extension, but worth a shot for Oladipo and Sabonis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or