Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 10:33 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times

Advertisements

Which do you think more likely to happen? Better for Lakers or Cavs? He says he wants to play for Lakers but Cavs would be a better chance for championship for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 11:47 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
The Lakers have better payroll flexibility to sign him, whereas the Cavs would have to find a way to shed one of their big contracts. I would think the Lakers have a better shot, if he truly wants to play there.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:44 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
After what Durant did last year I'm thinking Cavs, or another contender. Players aren't waiting for 33+ to cluster on championship-level teams anymore, now they are doing it in their primes. Obviously the salary cap does not prevent this (much).

Joining the Lakers would be a long road, by time the youngsters know how to win, Paul George will be well in decline.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:56 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
After what Durant did last year I'm thinking Cavs, or another contender. Players aren't waiting for 33+ to cluster on championship-level teams anymore, now they are doing it in their primes. Obviously the salary cap does not prevent this (much).

Joining the Lakers would be a long road, by time the youngsters know how to win, Paul George will be well in decline.
I agree, George can get more money staying in Indiana. He's leaving because he's tired of not winning. Why would he go to LA to win? They're not winning anything anytime soon. Waste your prime losing in Indy for a LOT more money or waste it in LA for less?

Makes no sense.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:22 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,482 times
I don't think PG13 gets the Cavs any closer to beating the Warriors. Trading him for Love just seems like a lateral move. Cavs can "assign" George to Durant, but his defense isn't going to stop Durant.
Maybe if Cleveland completely robs the Pacers and they manage to keep their important players, then a George addition would help them compete with GSW.

I don't see why someone like George would want to join the young Lakers as currently composed (even after picking up Zo on Thursday), what with the Spurs and Warriors on top of the West. That's a lot of waiting and not contending.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:48 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
From Indiana's perspective Love would fit perfectly next to a guy like Myles Turner and Jeff Teague (if retained) and Monta Ellis.

The Cavs will probably want to send a guy like Tristan Thompson (honestly lots of teams that see the Cavs 4/5 times a year rave about him and hate facing him) for George.
Cavs can go small- add a few cheap bigs to play 20-25 combined minutes a night.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:23 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
From Indiana's perspective Love would fit perfectly next to a guy like Myles Turner and Jeff Teague (if retained) and Monta Ellis.

The Cavs will probably want to send a guy like Tristan Thompson (honestly lots of teams that see the Cavs 4/5 times a year rave about him and hate facing him) for George.
Cavs can go small- add a few cheap bigs to play 20-25 combined minutes a night.
I think Paul George is emotionally done with the Pacers, in need of a change. If he was happy there indefinitely, I think the Pacers could get close to the Eastern conference finals by making some changes this offseason.

Which Tristan Thompson are you talking about? The TT of the 2017 finals was a fragment of his best. Prior to that poor performance, I was thinking he was the kind of big-man who could help toughen the Wizards, now I'm not sure.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:35 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
George should go to Cleveland or San Antonio if Pop could get the Kawai and George puzzle pieces to fit together. George would really have to love his hometown a lot as well as really desire to be the focal star to want to go to L.A. Maybe he does. All I know is L.A. should not trade the #2 pick for him. That would be dumb.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:40 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
George should go to Cleveland or San Antonio if Pop could get the Kawai and George puzzle pieces to fit together. George would really have to love his hometown a lot as well as really desire to be the focal star to want to go to L.A. Maybe he does. All I know is L.A. should not trade the #2 pick for him. That would be dumb.
there is some local talk about the spurs potentially offering a trade for him. moving aldridge to the 5, and letting PG/KL play the 2 forward positions with green on the SG spot is a pretty interesting small ball line up.
but the spurs need PG depth over taking a forward.
a PG and a defensive minded C are the spurs 2 priorities imo.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:53 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I think Paul George is emotionally done with the Pacers, in need of a change. If he was happy there indefinitely, I think the Pacers could get close to the Eastern conference finals by making some changes this offseason.

Which Tristan Thompson are you talking about? The TT of the 2017 finals was a fragment of his best. Prior to that poor performance, I was thinking he was the kind of big-man who could help toughen the Wizards, now I'm not sure.
I wouldn't be opposed to deal Love. His back scares me. His skillset was a liability in the 2016 Finals against the Warriors, he is a bigger liability now with Durant in the fold. The problem is he is a nightmare matchup for other Eastern Conference teams. He's stretches out the bigger clumsier bigs in the Eastern conference. Call me crazy but a smaller team Irving/Lebron/George/ may not stack up well against an improved Boston or Washington team- although the Cavs create stress for the best Warrior defenders (Klay and Draymond) adding George would make it that much harder.

T Thompson is out of excuses- he needs to develop an offensive game. He normally gets overwhelmed by the bigger traditional centers (think Dwight Howard)- Zaza outplayed him! I think he's still a very intriguing pick up though for a team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball