U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 09:20 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,059,483 times

Advertisements

Never a dull moment! What's next for LeBron?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 11:45 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,418,037 times
Might as well just make it official and name him player/coach/GM.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:45 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,293,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Might as well just make it official and name him player/coach/GM.
player/coach/GM/actor/mentor/father figure/

I read that Lebron wanted Dan Gilbert to sell the Cavs to the owner of the Piston so he could return to the Cavs. LOL.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:45 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,014,884 times
It has been suggested that this will be one of the dominos that allows Lebron to leave Cleveland after the upcoming season, as Lebron apparently wanted David Griffin to get a contract extension as GM and didn't want him fired. The Cavs apparently either have already interviewed Chauncey Billups or will interview him very soon and apparently want to offer him the job. One thing that will be interesting - who would run the Cavaliers draft on Thursday: Billups or assistant GM Koby Altman? I would assume that they would say that Billups is running the draft if he is hired before tomorrow night but there can't be any way that Billups is really ready for the draft since it is tomorrow.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:17 AM

2,838 posts, read 1,776,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
It has been suggested that this will be one of the dominos that allows Lebron to leave Cleveland after the upcoming season, as Lebron apparently wanted David Griffin to get a contract extension as GM and didn't want him fired. The Cavs apparently either have already interviewed Chauncey Billups or will interview him very soon and apparently want to offer him the job. One thing that will be interesting - who would run the Cavaliers draft on Thursday: Billups or assistant GM Koby Altman? I would assume that they would say that Billups is running the draft if he is hired before tomorrow night but there can't be any way that Billups is really ready for the draft since it is tomorrow.
What draft is there to run???? Cavs don't have picks.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:44 AM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
How do you square this though?

I kept hearing how the Cavs ownership made great moves instead of just getting lucky piles of draft picks and Gilbert was past his habit of rash action.

Regardless, Cleveland got a ring out of it all so that's really the bottom line.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:32 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,014,884 times
Quote:

Even with no picks, the teams still prepare as if they are part of the draft because they could always trade into the 2nd round if someone they like is slipping and available there. Plus, you have players that will go undrafted that will be available to sign and they need to already have evaluated those players and be ready to sign them if they go undrafted. Memphis is in the same boat and are absolutely preparing as if they have picks. In their case, the Grizzlies are fully expected to try to trade for at least a 2nd round pick to get into Thursday's draft.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:47 AM

2,838 posts, read 1,776,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How do you square this though?

I kept hearing how the Cavs ownership made great moves instead of just getting lucky piles of draft picks and Gilbert was past his habit of rash action.

Regardless, Cleveland got a ring out of it all so that's really the bottom line.
I can't- I liked David Griffin. He made some creative moves and won a title. I think he secretly clashed with Gilbert or Gilbert thought- how could he not win a title and surround a team with talents like Irving and Lebron. Griffin may have wanted to paid like THE TOP GM, but Gilbert wanted him paid like a guy holding a couple ACES and being dealt a great hand. More to come I' sure.

I could square this if the replacement was at least on par- but I don't think you just hand a position like this to a TV analyst that has no experience.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:57 AM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
I can't- I liked David Griffin. He made some creative moves and won a title. I think he secretly clashed with Gilbert or Gilbert thought- how could he not win a title and surround a team with talents like Irving and Lebron. Griffin may have wanted to paid like THE TOP GM, but Gilbert wanted him paid like a guy holding a couple ACES and being dealt a great hand. More to come I' sure.

I could square this if the replacement was at least on par- but I don't think you just hand a position like this to a TV analyst that has no experience.
Well in his defense Gilbert made it like a whole year without firing a coach or GM so that might be a record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or