U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 07:02 AM

3,847 posts, read 3,967,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think the writing is on the wall for I.T.

Rumors are heating up about a Kyrie for Thomas trade.

Despite Thomas bragging that the Celtics would need to bring a Brinks truck in order to negotiate a contract, in reality Thomas is very expendable especially compared to a player like Kyrie.

While I admire Thomas' heart, he simply has too many liabilities being a short player.
Interesting rumor. I think Kyrie and Thomas are very similar players. Both are great scoring point guards who leave something to be desired as playmakers. They are both defensive liabilities with Kyrie probably being worse (at least IT pesters opponents). And they are both very clutch. I'd still take Kyrie first but not by much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 08:50 AM

51,874 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Hard to say since KI has been playing with Lebron that really adds a question mark for me how he'll be away from him.

IT was all-nba 2nd team this year in a major breakout season.

Both are weak defenders but IT seems to just keep improving....

I don't see that much space between the two of them right now.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:05 AM

2,833 posts, read 1,773,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hard to say since KI has been playing with Lebron that really adds a question mark for me how he'll be away from him.

IT was all-nba 2nd team this year in a major breakout season.

Both are weak defenders but IT seems to just keep improving....

I don't see that much space between the two of them right now.
Regarding his play away from Lebron .472% FG and .400% 3ball, will be harder to attain IMO. Probably looking at .450 and .370 with the attention, but I also think his assist clip goes up. KI takes care of the ball reasonably well- if he's teamed with a PG or another capable ball handler he should be fine. I don't like the idea of KI on any team as the primary handler 80-90 percent of time.

Regarding defense, I think KI is physically capable. You see pieces of it during the playoffs, I thought he did a decent job in 2016 Finals. In Mike Brown's short second stint I thought KI turned the corner and was a heady team defender as well. He doesn't have any glaring physical limitation he's long enough and moves well.

IT has physical limitations with guys being able to shoot over him or post him up at will.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:37 PM

17,250 posts, read 10,176,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Interesting rumor. I think Kyrie and Thomas are very similar players. Both are great scoring point guards who leave something to be desired as playmakers. They are both defensive liabilities with Kyrie probably being worse (at least IT pesters opponents). And they are both very clutch. I'd still take Kyrie first but not by much.
I knew it, based on recent news:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources...223024513.html

Thomas was expendable, and no way in the world was the Celtics going to let that opportunity go away.

Too bad for IT and his fan base, but this is always a business, and ultimately a 6'3" scorer who has a much better size advantage than 5'7" Thomas, an absolute no brainer.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:50 PM

1,564 posts, read 822,393 times

Hopefully they didn't mass-print those covers yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball