Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 08:48 AM

3,395 posts, read 2,803,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
John Wall is trying to influence Paul George to join him in Washington. No problem, love to hear it and to have it happen. But I find his words (below) a little troubling. We have the point guard and shooting guard, no issue there but he singles out Otto Porter while blessing Gortat and Markieff Morris. I'd say Morris is the weakest link, very poor shot selection and usually a defensive liability. Gortat is also closer to adequate than special, he's a C at best defender and was outplayed in both playoff series. Otto meanwhile was super accurate and otherwise solid, he also has the highest upside/growth potential of the 3 including playing more as a 4. And how can Otto read this and not feel betrayed? Especially when this doesn't pan out.

"Look at our team. We are one piece away. We have the point guard, we have the shooting guard, we have the center, we have the power forward. Our 3-man, [Otto Porter Jr.], did great for us. You can't take nothing away from what he did. But, [George] is a guy that can guard LeBron and go back at LeBron. It's a piece that you're going to need to win. If you don't have a guy who can do that, you don't have a chance. ... You got to add another star. You got to add another piece. You got to have three guys. And that's what it's looking like."

Wall was adamant his team needs another star before the 2017-18 campaign. With George on the trading block, it has a chance to land one.

John Wall Says He's Recruiting Paul George to Push for Wizards Trade | Bleacher Report
They scare me more the C's, but they still need to learn how to win on the road in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 10:16 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,348 times
CP3 traded to Houston for Beverly, Lou Williams, Sam Dekker, and Houston's 2018 1st round pick.

At least the Clippers got something, pieces.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:30 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Well that got interesting quick

Old 06-28-2017, 10:36 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
CP3 traded to Houston for Beverly, Lou Williams, Sam Dekker, and Houston's 2018 1st round pick.

Clippers got robbed!

Old 06-28-2017, 10:40 AM

2,347 posts, read 1,395,279 times
The Clippers did get robbed, but better than letting CP3 walk in free agency.

Blake Griffin next? I can see Boston trading for him.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:42 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Clippers got robbed!
Yes they did, and chris Paul is going to hate playing for dantoni
Harden will never win the thing he wants most, that MVP, and they'll get eliminated in the 2nd round once again

Old 06-28-2017, 10:51 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,748,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Well that got interesting quick
I know it's not even July yet and a breaking news story. lol

Old 06-28-2017, 10:52 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post

I think that's fine for a player who wants to leave. Beverly is probably the best defensive point guard in the league, Lou Williams is a permanent spark off the bench, Dekker is surprisingly quick and athletic, I think he'll develop to be a real player. And the draft pick.

Last year many wanted to talk about James Harden being a true point guard. Well, this move shines light on that. Harden was mostly crap in last year's playoffs, lesser players like Lou Williams, Gordon, Nene, and Ariza were the reason the Rockets did OK. Putting the ball in Chris Paul's hands instead will make the team more able to consistently execute the offense. Now Harden can be a scoring 3 (mostly) and it should free him up to use some of his energy on defense.

But they need another piece up front if they are going to get to the conference finals next year.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:13 AM

3,395 posts, read 2,803,036 times
Cross LAC off the list for Lebron.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:40 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
I was really hoping Houston would have sent Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. I really liked Beverley and Lou Williams for the Rockets. Lou was literally a rental for the playoffs it appears. Hate to see Dekkor go, but I understand you're going in to win now, not down the road. Question is, what do you do with Nene? Do you resign him or let him walk? You have Capela who can play the 5, but that leaves you with Anderson playing the 4, but then you have nothing coming off the bench for those two positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball