U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 05:22 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,388 times

Advertisements

yet you say individual play is less import to the result. Take away Kobe from the Lakers, and they lose at least 2 championships. Take away James from Cleveland/Miami, and they lose 1/2 championships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 05:28 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,874,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
yet you say individual play is less import to the result. Take away Kobe from the Lakers, and they lose at least 2 championships. Take away James from Cleveland/Miami, and they lose 1/2 championships.
What I mean is an individual play, not an individual player's general play. One possession is less important to the result of a basketball game than one snap is to the result of a football game.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:30 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,388 times
That's a more respectable statement, though I don't know if it's true or not. One individual play (e.g., incomplete on 3rd down vs. a 15 yard gain and conversion) could make a huge difference even if it's not on the ESPN highlight reel.

I don't know if a pick-6 is any bigger than Kyrie's shot in game 7, for example (which happened during a time when neither team could hit a single basket over 5 or 6 minutes or something).

Old 09-06-2017, 11:51 AM

1,242 posts, read 637,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Well that's exactly what the Cavs did. They came back stronger, and without a Kevin Durant on the Warriors, Curry and Klay couldn't come back stronger (and Draymond took himself out of the equation by becoming Mr. Nut Kicker).
For once, a Warriors fan admitting that Draymond was the reason he got suspended. At least, you're not like some other Warrior fans who keep on blaming the NBA for his suspension and the Warriors losing in 2016. There's still hope in the world lol.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:02 PM

2,836 posts, read 1,775,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
For once, a Warriors fan admitting that Draymond was the reason he got suspended. At least, you're not like some other Warrior fans who keep on blaming the NBA for his suspension and the Warriors losing in 2016. There's still hope in the world lol.
It is a start. Now if they could only admit he didn't play that well in 17 Finals.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:05 PM

5,144 posts, read 2,761,539 times
Quote:
Truth is the truth. Draymond has always played on the edge of the rules and it cost him badly. I don't excuse any flagrant fouls regardless if it's a player I follow or not.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:03 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,045,201 times
Quote:
Well that's exactly what the Cavs did. They came back stronger, and without a Kevin Durant on the Warriors, Curry and Klay couldn't come back stronger (and Draymond took himself out of the equation by becoming Mr. Nut Kicker).
Yeah, the Cavs came back hungrier, but they were still a shot or two away from losing. Replay the '16 finals 10 times and I bet the Warriors win 8 out of 10 times. The Cavs were motivated by tasting defeat - we didn't get to see how a Durant-less Warriors team would respond to defeat...but hell, if you can sign Durant you sign him.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Truth is the truth. Draymond has always played on the edge of the rules and it cost him badly. I don't excuse any flagrant fouls regardless if it's a player I follow or not.
Well, at least you're admitting the truth, even though we didn't agree on politics and race. But, a lot of your fellow Warrior fans and Bay Area media kept on saying that the reason why the Warriors lost the 2016 Finals is because of Draymond's suspension, the NBA rigged it for LeBron to win, etc.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:28 AM

5,144 posts, read 2,761,539 times
Quote:
Well, at least you're admitting the truth, even though we didn't agree on politics and race. But, a lot of your fellow Warrior fans and Bay Area media kept on saying that the reason why the Warriors lost the 2016 Finals is because of Draymond's suspension, the NBA rigged it for LeBron to win, etc.
I can't stand most Warriors fans to be honest. Most of them don't even know what TMC means.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I can't stand most Warriors fans to be honest. Most of them don't even know what TMC means.
Why can't you stand most Warriors fans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or