U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 08:28 AM

7,070 posts, read 8,171,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
that is more interesting then the awards show
+repped
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 05:04 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
That makes it all worthwhile

Westbrook was the correct choice.
Yikes. The guy led his team (with underrated talent) to 6th in the West. Give me Leonard or Harden. Wins are an important stat for MVP. Westbrook just did Westbrook with more possessions.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:59 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,422,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Yikes. The guy led his team (with underrated talent) to 6th in the West. Give me Leonard or Harden. Wins are an important stat for MVP. Westbrook just did Westbrook with more possessions.
Without Westbrook, they would've been one of the worst teams in the West. Not sure why you think they're underrated when the playoffs exposed how bad their roster was. Harden (and Leonard, who I would take as runner up) are surrounded by better talent and coaching. Im not the biggest fan of his game, but guy averaging a triple double who carries his team on his back is the MVP.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:53 PM

51,966 posts, read 41,815,822 times
I saw enough of Westbrook carrying OKC at least as much or more than Durant last year against GS to respect his talent.

Frankly, anyone that thinks Curry is actually better? MMMM I love curry but no.

Westbrook is top 3 in the league right now, sort it out with Lebron and Durant.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:57 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Without Westbrook, they would've been one of the worst teams in the West. Not sure why you think they're underrated when the playoffs exposed how bad their roster was. Harden (and Leonard, who I would take as runner up) are surrounded by better talent and coaching. Im not the biggest fan of his game, but guy averaging a triple double who carries his team on his back is the MVP.
They had one of the best defenders in the league (Roberson). They had a scoring guard who can handle the ball (Oladipo). They had a good defender/rebounder/screen setter (Adams). They had a rebounding and offensively talented big (Kanter). They had a versatile two-way big (Gibson). Are the Rockets better? Yes. But the Rockets, too, have just one star surrounded by role players. But their star is a much better player if your goal is winning basketball games. Westbrook averaged a triple double, but could only lead his team to a 6 seed. He averaged a triple double & got bounced out of the first round.

I know people like round numbers, but Westbrook makes his teammates worse. If Harden & Westbrook switched places in the playoffs (and D'Antoni & Donovan), I would see OKC as the favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I saw enough of Westbrook carrying OKC at least as much or more than Durant last year against GS to respect his talent.

Frankly, anyone that thinks Curry is actually better? MMMM I love curry but no.

Westbrook is top 3 in the league right now, sort it out with Lebron and Durant.
Without Durant last year, the Thunder would never have left the 1st round. Do you remember that year that KD was injured and the Thunder didn't even make the playoffs? They still had Serge Ibaka & Reggie Jackson back then & Westbrook didn't carry them to the playoffs.

If the goal of basketball is winning basketball games, then Westbrook is not a top 5 player. He's not a top 10 player, either. Westbrook would be a great player to choose for a one-on-one tournament.

Curry is a far better player at basketball.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:19 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times
Damn the rockets and harden/morey are really bitter about not winning MVP
Calling it a snub and calling for ending awards all together.

#BitterMuch

Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey -- Could argue for ending awards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or