U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-01-2017, 02:51 PM
 
5,477 posts, read 1,563,661 times
Reputation: 2299

Advertisements

I know a lot of teams have more than 2 very entertaining players, but just focus on the 2 most entertaining players of each team.

Obviously there is Durant-Curry, Towns-Wiggins, Davis-Cousins and LeBron-Kyrie (although I find LeBron boring, but his fan base will say he's entertaining no doubt, assuming he has a fan base).

But now there are some new combos since Chris Paul joined Harden, and Paul George joined Westbrook.
In fact I think George-Westbrook will be the most entertaining duo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2017, 02:58 PM
 
11,680 posts, read 7,074,520 times
Reputation: 6387
Curry is by far the most entertaining player in the NBA. He's does a lot to be what 6'2 180 without a 40 inch vert or blinding speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 03:03 PM
 
5,477 posts, read 1,563,661 times
Reputation: 2299
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Curry is by far the most entertaining player in the NBA. He's does a lot to be what 6'2 180 without a 40 inch vert.
Well when I assess whether a player is the most entertaining, I don't give them a higher grade because of their height and weight etc.
Anyway I'm talking about duo, so you'd have to include a 2nd Warriors player if you say Curry is the must entertaining duo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 03:06 PM
 
5,477 posts, read 1,563,661 times
Reputation: 2299
I find Westbrook and George entertaining because they play athletic and aggressive basketball at both ends of the court.
They are like Jordan and Pippen in that sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 03:33 PM
 
1,637 posts, read 1,026,486 times
Reputation: 2848
I like Klay and Steph silent assasians out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2017, 03:34 PM
 
11,680 posts, read 7,074,520 times
Reputation: 6387
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Well when I assess whether a player is the most entertaining, I don't give them a higher grade because of their height and weight etc.
Anyway I'm talking about duo, so you'd have to include a 2nd Warriors player if you say Curry is the must entertaining duo.
So you wouldn't say 155lb AI was more entertaining considering he had the courage to attack anybody in the league? Mugsy wasn't entertaining simply because he was a midget? Curry's size/athleticism is what forces him to be so deceptive thus entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2017, 05:45 AM
 
5,477 posts, read 1,563,661 times
Reputation: 2299
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
So you wouldn't say 155lb AI was more entertaining considering he had the courage to attack anybody in the league? Mugsy wasn't entertaining simply because he was a midget? Curry's size/athleticism is what forces him to be so deceptive thus entertaining.
A huge portion of the NBA is entertaining, but I'm talking about who is the most entertaining duo.
Is Curry a duo?

Iverson is one of the most entertaining players ever, but it was because of his quickness, ball-handling skills and finishing skills.....not because of his size.
If there was a taller version of Iverson, I'd find him just as entertaining and maybe even more entertaining if the height allowed him to do extra things such as dunk hard on defenders etc.
In fact 1984-85 Jordan was quicker and lighter than 1990s Jordan, and he was sort of like a taller version of Iverson.
I didn't find Muggsy entertaining, he was a decent playmaker, but not entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2017, 06:03 AM
Status: "Warrior fan no matter the roster" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,221 posts, read 10,451,669 times
Reputation: 11237
George and Westbrook haven't played a game together yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2017, 07:47 AM
 
5,477 posts, read 1,563,661 times
Reputation: 2299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
George and Westbrook haven't played a game together yet.
I doubt they'll suddenly stop being entertaining just because they are teammates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2017, 12:43 PM
 
11,680 posts, read 7,074,520 times
Reputation: 6387
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
A huge portion of the NBA is entertaining, but I'm talking about who is the most entertaining duo.
Is Curry a duo?

Iverson is one of the most entertaining players ever, but it was because of his quickness, ball-handling skills and finishing skills.....not because of his size.
If there was a taller version of Iverson, I'd find him just as entertaining and maybe even more entertaining if the height allowed him to do extra things such as dunk hard on defenders etc.
In fact 1984-85 Jordan was quicker and lighter than 1990s Jordan, and he was sort of like a taller version of Iverson.
I didn't find Muggsy entertaining, he was a decent playmaker, but not entertaining.
Ever played basketball? Lack of size nessessitates ball handling and speed. If Iverson is 6'8" - he ain't Iverson. His game would then be built around a 6'8" frame...a frame that would likely have him playing forward (especially in the 90s). Ever seen a 6'8 guy with handles like Iverson, Marbury, Kenny Anderson, etc?

Young MJ was a 6'4-6'5 guard, but his game wasn't the same as Iverson - he was more of a slasher. Iverson's size forced him to rely on very deceptive dribbling and that's what made him entertaining. Curry is the same way, but he has an added weapon and that's the ability to get his shot off quickly and accurately from long range.

Mugsy not entertaining?!? The guy was like speed, grit and hustle personified. There's only been one and may never be another midget that can play NBA basketball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top