U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2017, 12:02 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
Reputation: 1982

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Is the Instagram account a personal or NBA associated one? At the end of day, everyone is entitled to their 1st amendment right. Unless, the NBA player signed a social media agreement with the NBA then i don't believe the NBA is just in their fine. The issue becomes with SJW and their backlash against the company to get person X fired. This is why i believe everyone should have a politically correct and a troll social media accounts.
was his personal account, in a live video. IG live videos are no longer available once the feed is terminated.

im sure there is something in the code of conduct or what not in their contracts though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2017, 12:42 PM
 
8,083 posts, read 5,285,220 times
Reputation: 9240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
was his personal account, in a live video. IG live videos are no longer available once the feed is terminated.

im sure there is something in the code of conduct or what not in their contracts though.
Code of conduct would apply to the NBA facilities and stadiums.. I don't believe a code of conduct should be enforced 24/7 of a person's life unless their practice is extremely prestigious.
This guy is an entertainer, a bread and circus player, etc.

Last edited by Mr. Ryu; 07-10-2017 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2017, 01:22 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Code of conduct would apply to the NBA facilities and stadiums.. I don't believe a code of conduct should be enforced 24/7 of a person's life unless their practice is extremely prestigious.
This guy is an entertainer, a bread and circus player, etc.
basically my thoughts on the subject as well

people say these types of things in a normal life. you cant expect someone to never say anything "off color" or what not its just not realistic. nba gets a little carried away IMO.

i get it, the nba has always had a "its a league of thugs" type image or reputation that they are trying to break, but this is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2017, 11:29 AM
 
51,879 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Reputation: 32366
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
basically my thoughts on the subject as well

people say these types of things in a normal life. you cant expect someone to never say anything "off color" or what not its just not realistic. nba gets a little carried away IMO.

i get it, the nba has always had a "its a league of thugs" type image or reputation that they are trying to break, but this is ridiculous.
I absolutely see where you are coming from with this but I can see why they're trying to nip this in the butt.

This might have been minor but what happens when it blows up into some big tweet war and it gets out of hand? Imagine if Ball tweets back homophobic stuff dropping n-bombs and so forth and then this guy responds along with other nbaers and threats get made etc?

The NBA's entire brand is their players after all.

So, I think I'm agreeing with you that this was a bit heavy handed but sometimes people get made examples of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2017, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
33,616 posts, read 58,304,270 times
Reputation: 32347
And....
I just don't care about the NBA anymore.

No class. None at all when crap like this gains importance publicly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2017, 01:06 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I absolutely see where you are coming from with this but I can see why they're trying to nip this in the butt.

This might have been minor but what happens when it blows up into some big tweet war and it gets out of hand? Imagine if Ball tweets back homophobic stuff dropping n-bombs and so forth and then this guy responds along with other nbaers and threats get made etc?

The NBA's entire brand is their players after all.

So, I think I'm agreeing with you that this was a bit heavy handed but sometimes people get made examples of.

Oh I know exactly what you mean. It just irritates me when someone thinks something like this requires a fine. Not a "hey don't do it again" but a fine.
I mean the fine is equal to $10,000 more than manu has ever been fined for flopping, and we all know how big a flopper he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
And....
I just don't care about the NBA anymore.

No class. None at all when crap like this gains importance publicly.
Thanks for letting us know.
But then you cared enough to chime in didn't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2017, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Cary, NC
33,616 posts, read 58,304,270 times
Reputation: 32347
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
...
Thanks for letting us know.
But then you cared enough to chime in didn't you?
You are quite welcome.
Yup. I did. I love the game.
Just not the drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top