U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 01:04 PM

2,021 posts, read 2,022,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Lakers' Summer League was in Vegas, not in L.A. that's where Summer League is held. And, that game he was at was a day or two before the ESPY's. Plus, just because he went and saw Lonzo play doesn't mean it's a lock he's going to the Lakers next year. James Harden and Chris Paul was at a Cavs Summer League game, it doesn't mean either one of them is going to the Cavs. I don't think he'll go back to Miami, his relationship with Pat Riley is similar to his relationship Gilbert.

No, I am pretty sure it was the same night. Because I saw the game on TV, and the announcers were stating that very fact, that Lebron chose to see the game rather than attend the ESPY's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 11:28 AM

1,257 posts, read 648,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
No, I am pretty sure it was the same night. Because I saw the game on TV, and the announcers were stating that very fact, that Lebron chose to see the game rather than attend the ESPY's.
You're right about him skipping the ESPYs. But, the game wasn't in L.A., it was in Vegas.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:39 PM

Here's my take on this, I think it's more of the national media that's pushing LeBron's departure than LeBron is. Here's some of my thoughts:

1. They feel he gave Cleveland, their title he should just move on. Subliminally, they're saying, "You gave that s****y their championship, they should be grateful."

2. Most of the national media always felt that he should be in a big market because they feel he should always be seen or act like a celeb; some are mad that he left Miami. A lot of them also feel that Cleveland or cities like Cleveland don't deserve a player like LeBron that should be reserved for glamorous cities like New York, L.A., Chicago, Boston or even Miami because they feel those cities know how to treat a superstar.

3. Coastal bias. Most of your major networks are on the coasts, and they hate that they have to travel to Cleveland in June for the NBA Finals some of them hate they had to come here for that last 3 years.. Although, they get paid a pretty good penny to travel.

4. (sarcastically) It's most of the sports media's wet dream for Cleveland sports to be bad.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:29 PM

2,021 posts, read 2,022,142 times
LA Bron James was spotted looking around at Notre Dame of Sherman Oaks High School. It is looking more and more like he is coming to LA.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
LA Bron James was spotted looking around at Notre Dame of Sherman Oaks High School. It is looking more and more like he is coming to LA.
Actually, he was just there working out in their gym. He even said it on "Uninterrupted." Plus, his kid wasn't with them nor a school official was with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or