U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2017, 02:17 PM

52,032 posts, read 41,862,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I like both guys (Teague/Gibson)- Teague does nothing in GS matchup, but Gibson would be a really nice piece. But I see a young or youngish star in the making being a focal point of any deal. I'm also assuming this deal doesn't take place before the season starts.
Who would Gibson get minutes from? TT or Love etc?

Old 07-26-2017, 02:24 PM

2,838 posts, read 1,782,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
He'd get his minutes against GS. The Cavs rolled out the corpse Richard Jefferson for 15-25 a game during the series

Old 07-26-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
He'd get his minutes against GS. The Cavs rolled out the corpse Richard Jefferson for 15-25 a game during the series
Is TT an albatross now with a fat contract? I've not been so disappointed in a player in years as what he didn't do in the finals. Is he still afflicted with Kardashianitis?

Old 07-26-2017, 02:40 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,878,325 times
Quote:
I like both guys (Teague/Gibson)- Teague does nothing in GS matchup, but Gibson would be a really nice piece. But I see a young or youngish star in the making being a focal point of any deal. I'm also assuming this deal doesn't take place before the season starts.
Teague offers the Cavs a playmaker who can run the office while LBJ sits--helping him get some much needed rest. He's a better defender than Kyrie, too. It's a worst-case scenario for the Cavs not to have a deal done before the season starts. Without a deal, they will be surrounded by trade speculation and a negative atmosphere between two of their best players. They will eventually move Kyrie & have to readjust their strategy to accommodate whomever arrives in return--without the benefit of an offseason to work things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Spread the floor was the wrong analogy. They need 4 scorers who can actually score points. Nevermind if they spread the floor, but can they put the ball in the hoop. That's Westbrook, PG, Adams, and Roberson if he can find his shot.
I totally think the Thunder need to space the floor. They need more driving lanes for Westbrook, especially (PG13, too). Those are not going to appear if there are no players who threaten opponents from beyond the arc.

Quote:
Hmmmm, great post, thanks for sharing.

So they'd play Wiggins-KI-Butler at the guard and SF positions, KAT and whomever at the bigs....that would be an exciting young team indeed.

If they can deal for KI that would put pressure on GS in a few years as they mesh and mature a bit more.
It's already a promising young team, and I agree that it would be an interesting group to watch. The biggest questions would be: 1) who directs the offense, and 2) does Wiggins grow as a defender & can he + Butler cover for Kyrie's deficiencies?

Quote:
I think he takes minutes from Frye, Jefferson, and Derrick Williams. He's a better defender than either Love or TT, and could be very useful in certain situations.

Quote:
Is TT an albatross now with a fat contract? I've not been so disappointed in a player in years as what he didn't do in the finals. Is he still afflicted with Kardashianitis?
He's on the expensive side for his skills. He's a good & useful player in the right circumstances. It's tough for the Cavs to play him when they need to go small, because Love offers them more as a small-ball center.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:43 PM

2,838 posts, read 1,782,135 times
Quote:
Huge disappointment last season. It is Kardashianitis lol.

I've expected more development offensively the past couple years but if he isn't catching lobs at the rim or putbacks- I don't want him shooting.

This past year (especially) lots of blown assignments on defense and not being where he needed to be- its a lack of focus and a he got paid syndrome and I'm a world champ seem to set in.

They (organization) tried everything this past year- he had the long consecutive game streak going until the staff sat him down thinking he was fatigued.

Puzzling guy- he looked like an All Star against the undersized Celtics and then the undersized Warriors game planned him and took the hustle out of him.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:26 AM

3,017 posts, read 1,874,306 times
If the Wolves trade Wiggins for this bust down, I'm off the bandwagon.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:54 PM

1,250 posts, read 642,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
If the Wolves trade Wiggins for this bust down, I'm off the bandwagon.
Kyrie isn't a bust.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:50 PM

3,963 posts, read 2,515,467 times
Quote:
Eastcoast, I agree with several of the points you've been making.

1) A lot of media noise.

2) Cleveland needs to get a BIG pound of flesh for KI if he does get traded. There are some good young teams out there with some good trade bait but if his attitude is that he want's to roll in and me the man then that may not fly.

I personally wonder if everyone slobbering over Westbrooks season made him jealous.
I was wondering that, too. He already gets the most shots, isnt much of a distributor, and plays lousy defense. He has a good deal. He is not the man because the media doesnt say he is? Why should he care? Plus, in theory, as LBJ gets older, this will become Kyrie's team--it is moving in that direction now. LBJ wont be able to keep this pace forever.

So...he grows as a distributor if he leaves? He also grows as a defender? Those things are available to him right now...

I wonder what his teammates (not LeBron) think of his trade request, and needing growth?

Old 07-27-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I was wondering that, too. He already gets the most shots, isnt much of a distributor, and plays lousy defense. He has a good deal. He is not the man because the media doesnt say he is? Why should he care? Plus, in theory, as LBJ gets older, this will become Kyrie's team--it is moving in that direction now. LBJ wont be able to keep this pace forever.

So...he grows as a distributor if he leaves? He also grows as a defender? Those things are available to him right now...

I wonder what his teammates (not LeBron) think of his trade request, and needing growth?
Hard to say. Personalities and other relationship stuff is the giant wildcard in any sports team.

*shrug*

That's one of my usual caveats in saying player ABC won't go somewhere or will. Unless you know them personally....there is always a chance.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:20 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,126,953 times
Lets say LeBron never wins another ring,where will he rank all time ?

Can a player with just 3 rings rank 2nd all time in history ?

It's hard to argue anyone over Kareem & Magic let alone Mike.

Is top 5 the general agreement for LeBron all time slot ? Because some think he's flat out # 2 already.

If we dont rank players based off of rings than Oscar Robertson & Karl Malone are easily top 10

And i don't want to hear about Robert Horry 7 rings because he's a role player. Im talking about team leaders that won title's as the man or at least a 1-2 punch combo

Kareem x Magic
Shaq Kobe
Lebron x Wade
Curry x Durant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or