U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 08:55 PM

52,263 posts, read 42,036,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Yeah that's true but what about Ingram ? What if him and Lonzo become a powerful duo ?

What if Paul George decides he wants to join in FA ?

Im just looking at all possibilities for someone to challenge the Warriors.

Spurs are still dangerous, Rockets look good on paper but they're not beating GSW

And Im curious about what Boston can do
Four years in a row in the basement not even sniffing the playoffs and you're talking contender?

Tell you what, can you at least wait until they win 30 games in a season to start that talk? It's beyond ridiculous fandom.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:57 PM

52,263 posts, read 42,036,123 times
Quote:
Like ive been saying since 2015,This is now Curry's league !!

KD looks great because he joined Curry team.
KD & WB used to get beat down by Curry & Klay so in my opinion this is still the Curry era until at least 2021

LeBron had it from about 2011 - 2015/16
KD is the best player on that team and also outplayed Curry the year before in the WCF but didn't quite have the supporting cast.

*points at who got the 2017 finals MVP trophy*

Old 07-27-2017, 08:58 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,135,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
No sane person ranked him ahead of Kobe when he was 26 with no rings.

Nor do I care about another bizarre comment from "your buddy" making up fake scenarios.

How about we just let guys finish their career and then have these discussions.

(and yes I was joking )

Look Math I know we have different views but let's agree the LeBron hype was kinda outta control.

ESPN ranked him #2 all time in Nba history and that was in 2013 with only 2 rings !!!

The most hardcore LeBron fans rank him even over Jordan.
The Kobe argument is just for fun at this point.

But from a basketball standpoint, LeBron has to win at least 2 more rings to rank in the top 5.

There's too many greats who did more for their team and won more on the biggest stage.

Like if KD wins 2 more rings most still wouldn't rank him over Lebron,We're living in the stat lover's era right now.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
KD is the best player on that team and also outplayed Curry the year before in the WCF but didn't quite have the supporting cast.

*points at who got the 2017 finals MVP trophy*
He's the best player because of the attention & impact Curry attracts.

Curry didn't need KD to win 73 games or win a ring but KD needed Curry,See the difference ?

It's like having 2 players that can avg 27 - 30 ppg in the same army,it's rare but it does happen sometimes.

Wade Lebron
Carmelo x Iverson
Carter x McGrady
Curry x Durant
Westbrook x Durant
Shaq x Kobe

Those are all players with abilities to avg 27 - 30 ppg

Old 07-27-2017, 10:18 PM

482 posts, read 254,410 times
Quote:
Lets say LeBron never wins another ring,where will he rank all time ?
2nd.

Quote:
Can a player with just 3 rings rank 2nd all time in history ?
Yes.

Quote:
It's hard to argue anyone over Kareem & Magic let alone Mike.
Mike's the goat, even though I can't stand him. I love Magic and Kareem. I think Magic and LeBron are veeery similar. In fact Magic is my 3rd all-time. But LeBron gives you more as a scorer when you need him to and is a much better defender (when he's trying, at least).

Quote:
Is top 5 the general agreement for LeBron all time slot ? Because some think he's flat out # 2 already.
I don't know about general agreement, but if the only argument against him is ring count, I think he has a pretty strong case.

Quote:
Without Kyrie the Cavs are doomed !!
They'd be doomed even with Kyrie.

Quote:
Even with Kyrie,there's still no beating the Warriors so what does Lebron do next ?
He bought a house in LA and his entourage keeps dropping very specific hints to the media.

Quote:
Retire and be thankful he brought a title to Cleveland or go join another team of hof's and ring chase before it's all over ?
Right now I'd say it's 50/50 he stays versus goes. Either way I'd give him one more title max. 3-4 titles on top of everything else he's done is a near-goat resume.

Quote:
Doesn't all the running from team to team hurt his legacy ?
Probably. It's part of what keeps him at #2 all-time instead of bumping him to #1

Quote:
This will be a very interesting next few years for Lebron because of all the pressure of chasing Jordan.
He doesn't have enough time, and Chef Curry + "tired of being 2nd" KD aren't interested in waiting their turn.

Quote:
And how many more title's can these Warrior's win ?
I say at least 3 more at best ....
How many more will they win? I'd bet on at least one. How many more can they win? A lot.

Quote:
2018 looks like a lock
I agree.

Quote:
2019 things may get a little shaky but if Curry,KD and Klay stay together and healthy than who else can stop them ?
We'll have to see how next off-season plays out.

Quote:
Can Lonzo Ball turn the Lakers around in a few years and contend ?
Not by himself. But if LeBron and Paul George join him along with a better developed Brandon Ingram. Whew...

Quote:
But wasn't he ahead of Kobe when he won his 1st ring ?

Honestly I've heard folks rank him ahead of Kobe without no rings so maybe it's the new generation fans and Lebron apologists.

A buddy of mine believes Kobe is the most hated player in this era. He says even if Kobe won 7 rings they'll still rank him top 15 lol
I'm not a fan of LeBron or Kobe. I'm just calling it like I see it. LeBron is better. I think the majority of the sports media feels the same way, but few people ever really voice it out of respect for Kobe -- or fear???

Quote:
And what about Duncan & Shaq ? Did Lebron seriously do enough to out rank the 2 most dominant big men of the last 20 years ?
Duncan and Shaq were both beasts. Top 10 players. LeBron by a hair, though. He's top 2! And again, I'm not a LeBron fan in particular.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:08 PM
Status: "Warrior fan no matter the roster" (set 13 days ago)

12,226 posts, read 10,483,811 times
I guess these type of comparisons are going to permeate this thread. No player since Jordan has impacted the game and made themselves matter as much as James. Even though I can't stand him, I'd put him in the top three behind Jordan and Kareem (Kareem for longevity) as the best players ever.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:32 AM

11,680 posts, read 7,097,555 times
Lebron ahead of Kareem who won 6 titles, 6 MVPs and was the arguably the best college player ever?

Old 07-28-2017, 06:17 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,229,103 times
Quote:
Not at all, im seriously asking what does Lebron do next because his situation looks pretty bad unless he go joins the Spurs or Houston

Wouldn't it look bad if every few years Jordan jumped on the team that was stacked and ready to contend ?

Can we really picture Jordan calling up Malone & Magic saying hey we need to team up in free agency ?
What does Lebron jumping ship have to do with Irving requesting a trade?

What does jordan calling Malone and magic have to do with Irving wanting out of Cleveland?

Nothing! It's your same old same old. Anything that can be remotely skewed towards Lebron vs Kobe vs Jordan and you're gonna hijack and tell us how bad Lebron looks and how he will never be as good.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Lebron ahead of Kareem who won 6 titles, 6 MVPs and was the arguably the best college player ever?
Exactly my point !!!

Also Magic who won his 1st title as a Rookie and went 5/9 in the Nba finals.

Bill Russell - 11 rings in 13 season's as the leader of the Celtics in the 60's.

Wilt,Bird,Duncan,Shaq ? So with only 3 rings LeBron is better than everyone except Jordan lmao

Old 07-28-2017, 08:45 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,229,103 times
Andddd back on topic

20 teams have inquired on Irving with several making offers.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...r-Kyrie-Irving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or