U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-28-2017, 03:57 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,122,697 times
Reputation: 500

Advertisements

Anyway i say Kyrie should go to New York.

His street ball mentality is apart of the NYC culture lol.

Spurs don't need a score first PG

 
Old 07-28-2017, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Tokyo, Japan
6,631 posts, read 8,318,123 times
Reputation: 7587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Spurs don't need a score first PG
They do.

The Spurs have the most anemic backcourt in the NBA right now. They're very low scoring. Patty Mills, Danny Green, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Dejounte Murray, Jonathon Simmons I don't think any of these guys even averaged double digit in points last season and if anyone did, then probably just barely or something.

Kyrie can score like crazy and a team that lacks scoring in all of its guard positions needs that badly. Kyrie is hella efficient too, which makes his scoring more valuable.

Why go to New York? That team is a wasteland that can't ever seem to get out of its own way. They're the joke of the NBA for a reason. I wouldn't ever wish any NBA player there to the NBA Siberia with the stupidest, absolutely most peanut brained front office in the NBA and idiots everywhere. Kyrie would go to the Knicks and basically rot there like Carmelo Anthony has the last 4 years. They wasted Melo's age 29 to 33, his most important prime years. Remember this is the same Knicks franchise that paid Joakim Noah $70 million last summer, he was completely washed up his last 2 years in Chicago, everyone and their mothers knew this dude was basically finished but the Knicks didn't. They went and paid Tim Hardaway Junior $72 million, when Atlanta got the offer sheet to match they said "wait, is that a seven in front of the two". They could have paid Hardaway $25 million less and Atlanta still wouldn't have matched the offer. The Knicks weren't even bidding against anyone they just randomly went and overpaid a dude that THEY TRADED TO ATLANTA 2 years prior.

After signing this large contract, Tim Hardaway had this to say: "Man, that's crazy." Even he didn't expect the Knicks to pay him that much. Then again, this is the same franchise that overpayed Amar'e Stoudemire with a max-contract when he had health issues, traded and gutted their entire team for Carmelo Anthony, and overpayed Phil Jackson to basically sit and take naps at work. They've gone through head coaches and front office executives faster than a fat kid can eat a box of Twinkies.

Kyrie will waste his career in that POS franchise (no offense to Knicks fans but you know it is true). I bet everyday Stephen Curry wakes up and thanks whatever god he believes in that the Knicks didn't draft him. I bet Steve Kerr joins him in those prayers, given that he turned down the Knicks head coaching job for Golden State. LOL.
 
Old 07-28-2017, 04:17 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,122,697 times
Reputation: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
They do.

The Spurs have the most anemic backcourt in the NBA right now. They're very low scoring. Patty Mills, Danny Green, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Dejounte Murray, Jonathon Simmons I don't think any of these guys even averaged double digit in points last season and if anyone did, then probably just barely or something.

Kyrie can score like crazy and a team that lacks scoring in all of its guard positions needs that badly. Kyrie is hella efficient too, which makes his scoring more valuable.

Why go to New York? That team is a wasteland that can't ever seem to get out of its own way. They're the joke of the NBA for a reason. I wouldn't ever wish any NBA player there to the NBA Siberia with the stupidest, absolutely most peanut brained front office in the NBA and idiots everywhere. Kyrie would go to the Knicks and basically rot there like Carmelo Anthony has the last 4 years. They wasted Melo's age 29 to 33, his most important prime years. Remember this is the same Knicks franchise that paid Joakim Noah $70 million last summer, he was completely washed up his last 2 years in Chicago, everyone and their mothers knew this dude was basically finished but the Knicks didn't. They went and paid Tim Hardaway Junior $72 million, when Atlanta got the offer sheet to match they said "wait, is that a seven in front of the two". They could have paid Hardaway $25 million less and Atlanta still wouldn't have matched the offer. The Knicks weren't even bidding against anyone they just randomly went and overpaid a dude that THEY TRADED TO ATLANTA 2 years prior.

After signing this large contract, Tim Hardaway had this to say: "Man, that's crazy." Even he didn't expect the Knicks to pay him that much. Then again, this is the same franchise that overpayed Amar'e Stoudemire with a max-contract when he had health issues, traded and gutted their entire team for Carmelo Anthony, and overpayed Phil Jackson to basically sit and take naps at work. They've gone through head coaches and front office executives faster than a fat kid can eat a box of Twinkies.

Kyrie will waste his career in that POS franchise (no offense to Knicks fans but you know it is true). I bet everyday Stephen Curry wakes up and thanks whatever god he believes in that the Knicks didn't draft him. I bet Steve Kerr joins him in those prayers, given that he turned down the Knicks head coaching job for Golden State. LOL.
My Kyrie to New York statement was just a joke.

But i still dont see him fitting in the Spurs system of unselfish team basketball.Spurs are great right where their are with Kwahi as the leader.
 
Old 07-28-2017, 04:21 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,122,697 times
Reputation: 500
What's killing the Knicks is that players just want to play there just to be in a great city.No type of dedication to winning at all.

Amare,Rose,J.r Smith,Carmelo & a few others just went to NYC for the city instead of playing for a championship
 
Old 07-28-2017, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Tokyo, Japan
6,631 posts, read 8,318,123 times
Reputation: 7587
Kyrie Irving isn't really a selfish player. I know the media is portraying it like this dude is hellbent on getting out and wanting to be "the Man" where ever he goes but that's not why he wants out. If it was, he wouldn't have listed the Timberwolves or Spurs as 2 of his 4 preferred choices, he's smart enough to know he'd compete with Kawhi or Karl or Jimmy for alpha status on both places.

The reason he wants out of Cleveland is because the organization and LeBron violated his trust. After winning the championship last year, LeBron went to the front office and asked them to trade Kyrie Irving for LeBron's best friend Chris Paul. Kyrie found out about that and he's been angry at LeBron since for it.

Kyrie hates how LeBron micro-manages the team, how he tweets cryptic messages to teammates, how he interferes in the business of others, and how he routinely holds the Cavaliers hostage every summer with the "I can leave you" card:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLA73WlT1rk

Kyrie is justified to feel that way. Also, the Spurs have plenty of guys that don't naturally fit their system like Rudy Gay or LaMarcus Aldridge and they've done just fine. They won 67 and 61 games with Aldridge as the secondary player. They'll easily make Kyrie work in their system. That's not even a concern.
 
Old 07-28-2017, 04:25 PM
 
1,564 posts, read 1,122,697 times
Reputation: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
Kyrie Irving isn't really a selfish player. I know the media is portraying it like this dude is hellbent on getting out and wanting to be "the Man" where ever he goes but that's not why he wants out. If it was, he wouldn't have listed the Timberwolves or Spurs as 2 of his 4 preferred choices, he's smart enough to know he'd compete with Kawhi or Karl or Jimmy for alpha status on both places.

The reason he wants out of Cleveland is because the organization and LeBron violated his trust. After winning the championship last year, LeBron went to the front office and asked them to trade Kyrie Irving for LeBron's best friend Chris Paul.

Kyrie hates how LeBron micro-manages the team, how he tweets cryptic messages to teammates, how he interferes in the business of others, and how he routinely holds the Cavaliers hostage every summer with the "I can leave you" card:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLA73WlT1rk

Kyrie is justified to feel that way. Also, the Spurs have plenty of guys that don't naturally fit their system like Rudy Gay or LaMarcus Aldridge and they've done just fine. They won 67 and 61 games with Aldridge as the secondary player. They'll easily make Kyrie work in their system. That's not even a concern.

Good research. I wasn't informed that LeBron did all of that !
 
Old 07-28-2017, 04:44 PM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,873,300 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
Klay Thompson is a Top 15 NBA player today.

The disrespect that man gets is criminal. Unbelievable that none of Nike, Adidas, or Under-Armor didn't reach out to him about a shoe deal and that instead he had to take an offer by some Chinese shoe brand called Anta. He's too solid. Him, Kevin Durant, and Carmelo Anthony are the most dynamic scorers I've ever seen among the current NBA players in the league right now. Kobe was like that too, but he's retired now. Yes, these guys are more impressive than Stephen Curry, Kyrie Irving, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, and that midget Isaiah Thomas at pure scoring.

Klay is the same dude that went off for 52 points against the Sacramento Kings, scoring 37 of those points in a single quarter. His opponent, DeMarcus Cousins said after the game when asked why the Kings couldn't stop him "God touched his hand, how can you stop that?".

Then he showed the world again the next year in the Western Conference Finals against Oklahoma City. It was Games 5, 6, AND 7 when the Thunder were up in the closing frame and about to knock the Warriors off and eliminate them. A Klay Thompson hot shooting streak started and it salvaged all three games enough to the point where the Warriors eeked their way past the Thunder (though it simultaneously helps that Westbrook and Durant both soiled a king sized mattress and choked all 3 close-out games away as well). Kevin Durant has this to say after the series "how can you stop a guy whose hand is possessed by God?".

Then the next season where Klay just goes off for 60 points in just 29 minutes of game time.

Carmelo Anthony is another guy that's been able to just go off like that. Remember the game where Carmelo scored over 50 points, without a single turnover, and even more impressively, without a single bucket in the paint, all his points were deep 2s and 3s. His 62 point career high where he scored 32 in a single quarter. His 7 game streak of scoring over 40 points in consecutive games.

Then there's Kevin Durant, probably the best pure scorer by skill in the NBA today. He can get his points every way, free throw, 3s, midrange, paint shots, layups, dunks, long range 3s, back to the basket post game, and he does it with an elite shooting efficiency. He's a 50-40-90 Club Member after all.

All I'm trying to say is that Klay's value is always overlooked. He's easily one of the Top 15 players in the NBA, you could make an argument Top 10 and he's only 26, will improve enormously. Two-way player and a cerebral player. I'm glad that 3 years ago the Warriors rejected the Klay Thompson for Kevin Love trade and that this summer they rejected the Klay Thompson for Paul George trade. In both cases, they would've unnecessarily downgraded in talent for god knows what reason and would've been stuck with a much more inferior all around player and talent.

Klay's my second favorite Warrior player after Kevin Durant, both are in my top 5 favorite NBA players in the league today (Kevin Durant is #1).

Not that it matters but Klay is supremely better than Kyrie as a pure scoring talent.
I agree that Klay is a top 15 player today. He has great size for a 2 Guard and a picture-perfect jump shot. He's the NBA's best 3 & D player--a very valuable skill set. His size lets him get off shots against smaller defenders & finish at the rim. He has the mix of size & athleticism to credibly guard the 1-3, with spot duty against 4s. He makes some mental mistakes & is not a good ball handler, but his assets overcome his limitations.
 
Old 07-28-2017, 07:37 PM
 
149 posts, read 63,711 times
Reputation: 84
Irving should go to the Timberwolves.

Lbj is running to another team next year anyway so why wait for it.
 
Old 07-28-2017, 07:42 PM
 
482 posts, read 250,922 times
Reputation: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts Kill Rhetoric View Post
Klay Thompson is a Top 15 NBA player today.

The disrespect that man gets is criminal. Unbelievable that none of Nike, Adidas, or Under-Armor didn't reach out to him about a shoe deal and that instead he had to take an offer by some Chinese shoe brand called Anta. He's too solid. Him, Kevin Durant, and Carmelo Anthony are the most dynamic scorers I've ever seen among the current NBA players in the league right now. Kobe was like that too, but he's retired now. Yes, these guys are more impressive than Stephen Curry, Kyrie Irving, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, and that midget Isaiah Thomas at pure scoring.

Klay is the same dude that went off for 52 points against the Sacramento Kings, scoring 37 of those points in a single quarter. His opponent, DeMarcus Cousins said after the game when asked why the Kings couldn't stop him "God touched his hand, how can you stop that?".

Then he showed the world again the next year in the Western Conference Finals against Oklahoma City. It was Games 5, 6, AND 7 when the Thunder were up in the closing frame and about to knock the Warriors off and eliminate them. A Klay Thompson hot shooting streak started and it salvaged all three games enough to the point where the Warriors eeked their way past the Thunder (though it simultaneously helps that Westbrook and Durant both soiled a king sized mattress and choked all 3 close-out games away as well). Kevin Durant has this to say after the series "how can you stop a guy whose hand is possessed by God?".

Then the next season where Klay just goes off for 60 points in just 29 minutes of game time.

Carmelo Anthony is another guy that's been able to just go off like that. Remember the game where Carmelo scored over 50 points, without a single turnover, and even more impressively, without a single bucket in the paint, all his points were deep 2s and 3s. His 62 point career high where he scored 32 in a single quarter. His 7 game streak of scoring over 40 points in consecutive games.

Then there's Kevin Durant, probably the best pure scorer by skill in the NBA today. He can get his points every way, free throw, 3s, midrange, paint shots, layups, dunks, long range 3s, back to the basket post game, and he does it with an elite shooting efficiency. He's a 50-40-90 Club Member after all.

All I'm trying to say is that Klay's value is always overlooked. He's easily one of the Top 15 players in the NBA, you could make an argument Top 10 and he's only 26, will improve enormously. Two-way player and a cerebral player. I'm glad that 3 years ago the Warriors rejected the Klay Thompson for Kevin Love trade and that this summer they rejected the Klay Thompson for Paul George trade. In both cases, they would've unnecessarily downgraded in talent for god knows what reason and would've been stuck with a much more inferior all around player and talent.

Klay's my second favorite Warrior player after Kevin Durant, both are in my top 5 favorite NBA players in the league today (Kevin Durant is #1).

Not that it matters but Klay is supremely better than Kyrie as a pure scoring talent.


I'm not a Klay-hater. If he's not Top-15 right now, he's definitely Top-20. He's the best two-guard in the game (actually, since Harden moved to the point full-time, Klay Thompson and Avery Bradley are pretty much the only elite two-guards in the game). And when all is said and done, Curry and Thompson are gonna move into the best and second-best all time shooters slots ahead of Ray Allen and Reggie Miller.

But...

Kyrie's overall scoring repertoire is explosive. When you look at Kyrie's quickness, his handles, his crossover, his craftiness in the lane, his ability to finish at the rim, his mid-range game and his ability to hold his own from deep, you'd be hard-pressed to find a small guard with more ways to score on you. Fwiw, Avery Bradley calls Kyrie the hardest player to guard.

Kyrie's weaknesses are that he's not an elite distributor (although he and LeBron ironically have great chemistry when it comes to finding each other in their preferred spots on the court), and he only plays one side of the floor. Thompson's defense, his size (for a guard), his shooting accuracy and his range combine to make him a better overall player than Kyrie, but if I'm only looking for a player to unleash a one-man scoring assault on someone I'm going with Kyrie.
 
Old 07-28-2017, 07:57 PM
 
51,876 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Reputation: 32365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
What's killing the Knicks is that players just want to play there just to be in a great city.No type of dedication to winning at all.

Amare,Rose,J.r Smith,Carmelo & a few others just went to NYC for the city instead of playing for a championship
I'd question that they were motivated by what you claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top