U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 03:02 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,418,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Harden is not a PG. he is the primary ball handler, but is not a PG. no mater what Dantoni wants to call him.

Klay ranked 37th in defensive eff/ real plus minus among shooting guards.

NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN
That same rating put Kawhi Leonard at 19th at SG (right behind Durant), so I'll take that with a grain of salt. Sometimes you have to go by the eye test in regards to effort, forced shots, etc.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:41 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,875,228 times
Quote:
Harden is not a PG. he is the primary ball handler, but is not a PG. no mater what Dantoni wants to call him.

Klay ranked 37th in defensive eff/ real plus minus among shooting guards.

NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN
Harden is definitely Houston's Point Guard.

Klay gets tough defensive assignments & does a great job with them. Here's statistical evidence if you haven't observed it:

NBA.com/Stats

Opponents shot 4% worse than their average against him last year--a number that rose to 6.7% in the playoffs.

NBA's metrics have Klay with the League's #4 in Defensive Win Shares.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:22 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,124,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
On the L.A. bandwagon thing:

The greater Los Angeles area is BIG. We have a lot of teams. Too many teams if you ask me. Most people here have one or two teams they really care about. For me its the Lakers and USC football. The Lakers because they were the gold standard during my formative years. USC because they heavily recruited (and still do) from my old neighborhood and high school. I grew up watching Trojan games being able to point out guys I knew personally. Those kinds of things build long standing bonds.

But what about all those other teams. Well, I follow them sparingly. Does that make me a bandwagon fan? No, it makes me a guy with a life.

The other thing is SoCal sports fans tend to follow and support SoCal produced athletes. You don't have to be a Warriors fan to root for Klay Thompson. We still root for Paul George, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, DeMar Derozan and others. I have family in Riverside, California. And they LOVE Kawhi Leonard because he's a local guy. That's just how it is here.
Exactly my point.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
You only rooted for the spurs vs heat because you hate Lebron.
Never hated Lebron. Actually rooted for him in 2007 when he went up against Detroit.

Once he ran to Miami to team up with other Superstars he left a sour taste in my mouth.Im sure plenty others feel the same way.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
As a fellow Californian I'd like to say not all of us are like Kobe25, it is not the norm. Carry on.
I don't know which California your from but where im from we've rooted for the Oakland Raiders forever. Plenty of L.A locals ride with the Raiders or 49ers.

Than again im just speaking from my personal experience.
Maybe you root for the Kings lol.

I root for everything Los Angeles.Plus there's a few L.A Superstars around the league like Westbrook,Harden,Klay & Paul George.

Nothing wrong with having state pride because trust me if you ever visit New York you'll be amazed at how much pride they have for anything Eastcoast.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:40 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
So is KI still in Cleveland?

Old 07-31-2017, 06:18 PM

284 posts, read 176,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Plenty of L.A locals ride with the Raiders or 49ers

What!? 49'ers vs. Raiders is a huge rivalry that is heated no matter the records. I'm a big Raider fan and traveled to Oakland every year for the Battle of the Bay.

If you liked one team, you don't like the other...period.

I am also a huge Spurs fan, (grew up in Nevada, so got to pick my teams at a young age and stuck with them since) anyway, I know for a fact that VERY FEW real Spurs fans like the Rox or Mavs, and they hate us just as much.

You are a bandwagon fan, a frontrunner, plain and simple. You probably wear your Yankees hat with your Pats jersey over your Steph t-shirt. It's ok, be proud. Do you.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:14 PM

3,772 posts, read 1,375,666 times
I hope Kyrie knows that he is not going to be traded to the Spurs or Warriors so I hope he is prepared to be the key guy on a bad team.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
What!? 49'ers vs. Raiders is a huge rivalry that is heated no matter the records. I'm a big Raider fan and traveled to Oakland every year for the Battle of the Bay.

If you liked one team, you don't like the other...period.

I am also a huge Spurs fan, (grew up in Nevada, so got to pick my teams at a young age and stuck with them since) anyway, I know for a fact that VERY FEW real Spurs fans like the Rox or Mavs, and they hate us just as much.

You are a bandwagon fan, a frontrunner, plain and simple. You probably wear your Yankees hat with your Pats jersey over your Steph t-shirt. It's ok, be proud. Do you.
Were you not aware that Los Angeles hasn't had a football team in over 25 or so years ? Did you forget the L.A Raiders ?

Nothing wrong with L.A locals rooting for the 49ers or Raiders
Those are still California teams being that L.A haven't had any until recently.

I think your confusing rooting for bandwagon lol

I don't claim the Warriors or Spurs
Never once said i did

But if either one of them make the finals than im rolling with my boys from the Western Conference !!

Don't get it twisted, This is still Laker Nation Forever

Old 08-01-2017, 07:49 AM

2,837 posts, read 1,776,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So is KI still in Cleveland?
Well it is getting a little dicey.

A Cleveland news station took a shot at Irving - basically saying the City belongs to the King, enjoy your ring, yada, yada.

Of course same weekend Irving and his dance partner Curry were making fun of Lebron at a wedding. I don't think I want to be Steph Curry on Christmas day when Lebron and the Cavs meet up with the Warriors.

Irving seems like he is trying to get out. Cavs management is taking its time (thankfully). Your friend Dan Gilbert, basically told the media that the Pacers got hosed in their deal with George so I don't think he'll take just any deal, and basically put the heat on the new GM to strike it rich or we keep Kyrie. Everyone on here seems to think the Cavs just need to rush to make a deal. Why???? Disharmony at times can be the Cavs middle name. Lebron is business as usual working out with Bledsoe, Derrick Rose and Westbrook.

The Phoenix deal is interesting.

Lebron and Bledsoe have a good relationship.
Ex Cavs James Jones took a front office spot there.
There were reports that the Cavs (Griffin and Altman) loved Josh Jackson the Kansas guard they drafted
For some reason they like Jared Dudley

The only thing I can say with almost near certainty I don't see Irving going to the Spurs, Knicks, or Heat- he has a better shot of staying in Cleveland than going to those teams. The TWolves maybe, although they don't value Wiggins as much as the TWolves do so I see a potential stalemate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or