U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 07:44 AM

2,839 posts, read 1,780,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
It's reported that Kyrie believes LeBron's camp leaked his trade request news. The request was made face to face with Gilbert weeks ago. Kyrie wanted to keep it in house so not to damage his trade value. This helps both him and the team. However, if he really thinks LeBron's people leaked this then their relationship is damaged beyond repair.

The drama that comes with keeping him around may not be worth waiting until February. Kyrie is not going to suck up to LeBron just to get along. He's not that type of person. The Cavs better take that Phoenix deal (if they can get it) and run.

Side Note: If the Phoenix deal did happen that would be yet another Eastern Conference All Star moving to the Western Conference.
The worst thing the Cavs can do is panic and deal a 25 year old all star player for the only viable deal on the table.

This deal is their opportunity To keep Lebron or at least rebuild after next season and not fall into a 4-5 year lottery spin.

I don't care nor does the Cavs franchise care if two guys don't get along- even if it comes at the risk of a 32-26 record at the All Star break.

There will be offers upon offers (and major competition) at the deadline. Unless you get blown away by a deal- you have to take some dysfunction. Again, this isn't something the Cavs aren't used to.

Last edited by eastcoastbias; 07-25-2017 at 07:55 AM..

Old 07-25-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
He plays defense a lot like Parker imo. He's got a game kinda like Parker when he was that age. There's no Duncan to defer to now so that's a challenge but I trust pop can reign him in some to the team philosophy
He wants to be "the guy" when he already is the guy (wants the credit)- I love Irving but this says a lot. He gets plenty of touches and opportunities every game.

Irving > Parker at any point offensively. Vestly differently players on offense, while playing hog the ball and drawing the defense Irving shoots 40% from 3 and finishes at the rim arguably better than anyone, while having a great pull up game. They both handle the ball really well but Irving is no catalyst to offense like Parker was- Irving can BE the offense.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:18 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,202,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
He wants to be "the guy" when he already is the guy (wants the credit)- I love Irving but this says a lot. He gets plenty of touches and opportunities every game.

Irving > Parker at any point offensively. Vestly differently players on offense, while playing hog the ball and drawing the defense Irving shoots 40% from 3 and finishes at the rim arguably better than anyone, while having a great pull up game. They both handle the ball really well but Irving is no catalyst to offense like Parker was- Irving can BE the offense.
I disagree, prime Parker was as good or better than Irving is now.

No PG finishes in the paint better than prime Parker. 2009-2012 roughly parker was as good as any pg in the league.
Parker didn't have to "be the offense" due to team makeup but let's not act like he couldn't have.

People tend to take away from spurs players individually because they played with each other in a system, under a coach that forced players to "get over yourself or you'll be gone" (Stephen Jackson, Richard Jefferson, etc)

Old 07-25-2017, 08:22 AM

4,492 posts, read 3,159,484 times
Quote:
2.1M for 18 PPG scorer with less of a target on his back this coming season. I would say yes.

He's playing for big contract and probably his best shot at a title.

Even knowing the history of his knees this is a great signing.

$2.1MM for his Brandon Roy knees is a steal. It's basically trying another D Will situation at a basement price. You won't see how this deal plays out till likely the semis or ECF at the earliest.

Old 07-25-2017, 11:27 AM

284 posts, read 177,138 times
Quote:
What do theSpurs have to offer the Cavs...the Cavs are trying to get rid of KevinLove.

What could work is something like Love/Kyrie for LMA/Dejounte/Green.
If Lebron is pulling the strings, Dejounte is a young talented sophomore pg who is signed to Lebron's company and they were spotted hanging out and seem like friends, while Lebron has always liked Danny and has wanted him back. Meanwhile LMA could fill the Love role as he is not as good offensively he is still very talented on that side plus is better on defense.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post

What could work is something like Love/Kyrie for LMA/Dejounte/Green.
If Lebron is pulling the strings, Dejounte is a young talented sophomore pg who is signed to Lebron's company and they were spotted hanging out and seem like friends, while Lebron has always liked Danny and has wanted him back. Meanwhile LMA could fill the Love role as he is not as good offensively he is still very talented on that side plus is better on defense.
Still awful...why does anyone think Cle wants anything to do with LMA? If you took Love out I'd still question it. I'd rather have Love than LMA- he's a better fit with Lebron. LMA is not the shooter that is needed with Lebron.

Kyrie has no leverage. We can trade him anywhere and any team has him for two years regardless of how he pouts and they can even experiment by having him, sell some tickets convince him to stay and/or deal him the next offseason.

If they had to make a deal within the next couple days. I'd call Phoenix- Bledsoe and one of their top young guys.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:38 PM

284 posts, read 177,138 times
Quote:
Still awful...why does anyone think Cle wants anything to do with LMA? Kyrie has no leverage.

Ahh but you missed the "If Lebron is pulling the strings" part.

If I had to say two things about Lebron I would say 1) He is definitely in charge making personnel decisions at least in the way that they run it all by him first, and 2) He is a terrible "GM" and could easily make the deal I described. Especially if the rumors that he doesn't even want to be in the same room as Kyrie are true.

If he wants to play with his friends over someone like Bled...it will be so.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:32 PM

149 posts, read 63,948 times
Stupid analyst at ESPN are saying this is Kobe Bryant's fault.

Many superstar players in the league still look up to Kobe but this has got to be the most stupidest excuse.

Does Kyrie Irving have a Kobe Bryant or LeBron James problem? - NBA

Old 07-25-2017, 08:34 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,427,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
Ahh but you missed the "If Lebron is pulling the strings" part.

If I had to say two things about Lebron I would say 1) He is definitely in charge making personnel decisions at least in the way that they run it all by him first, and 2) He is a terrible "GM" and could easily make the deal I described. Especially if the rumors that he doesn't even want to be in the same room as Kyrie are true.

If he wants to play with his friends over someone like Bled...it will be so.
Agreed....objectively speaking I would say the Cavs shouldn't feel obligated to trade him just because of the media report (i.e. Lebron's camp leaking it), but no one in the organization seems to have the fortitude to stand up to Lebron and his wishes, so it will be done.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Agreed....objectively speaking I would say the Cavs shouldn't feel obligated to trade him just because of the media report (i.e. Lebron's camp leaking it), but no one in the organization seems to have the fortitude to stand up to Lebron and his wishes, so it will be done.
Well there is the "No Trade Clause" part. So even if you could flip Lebron for let's say Anthony Davis and tell Kyrie: "here's your team", which by the way that's not a bad way to roll for the next half decade. There is Lebron who can veto any trade and has said he would veto any trade.

Too many NATIONAL MEDIA folks are creating a bigger divide than there actually is because it just seems more interesting if Kyrie is in NY or Lebron gets a step closer to LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or