U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 02:17 PM

12,190 posts, read 10,384,008 times

Advertisements

Kyrie Irving seeking trade from Cleveland Cavaliers

This should get interesting. We might actually get to see a swap of stars. Where do you think he ends up if this turns out to be true?

Old 07-21-2017, 02:23 PM

2,015 posts, read 2,015,346 times
I am hearing the same thing. That just gets me to believe LeBron is LeGone!!!

Old 07-21-2017, 02:23 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,016,862 times
I would expect that the Cavs would do everything possible to try to work this out and convince Kyrie to stay. If they do decide to make a move and agree to trade him, do you think Boston would try to do Isaiah Thomas + picks for Kyrie? I would if I were Boston.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:27 PM

12,190 posts, read 10,384,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
I would expect that the Cavs would do everything possible to try to work this out and convince Kyrie to stay. If they do decide to make a move and agree to trade him, do you think Boston would try to do Isaiah Thomas + picks for Kyrie? I would if I were Boston.
They would be insane to not try. But knowing the Celts they just to see if they can amass 100 first round picks before they pull the trigger on trading any of them.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:34 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
kyrie wants to be the focal point, and hes not interested in playing with lebron anymore. in other words he doesnt care to challenge for a title, he wants to be "the man"

just dumb, but then he is a flat earther so i cant say im surprised.

edit:
if true, maybe hes not as dumb as i thought. WOJ says he wants to be traded to the spurs.
http://www.kens5.com/sports/nba/spur...purs/458605876

Last edited by rigas; 07-21-2017 at 02:55 PM..

Old 07-21-2017, 03:52 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,429,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
kyrie wants to be the focal point, and hes not interested in playing with lebron anymore. in other words he doesnt care to challenge for a title, he wants to be "the man"

just dumb, but then he is a flat earther so i cant say im surprised.

edit:
if true, maybe hes not as dumb as i thought. WOJ says he wants to be traded to the spurs.
Report: Kyrie Irving wants to be traded to the Spurs | kens5.com
Everyone on Reddit is dumbfounded as well, but I'm not surprised at all. The Cavs have catered to Lebron's every whim on both personnel and coaching matters, and yet he will still trash the team in public on a regular basis. Kyrie is nearly as important to the Cavs' success as Lebron at this point, and would probably stick it out if they had a better chance of winning another title, but you can't blame him for not wanting to put up with a **** sandwich any longer.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:14 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,877,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Everyone on Reddit is dumbfounded as well, but I'm not surprised at all. The Cavs have catered to Lebron's every whim on both personnel and coaching matters, and yet he will still trash the team in public on a regular basis. Kyrie is nearly as important to the Cavs' success as Lebron at this point, and would probably stick it out if they had a better chance of winning another title, but you can't blame him for not wanting to put up with a **** sandwich any longer.
It's hardly a **** sandwich. He went from winning 35 games a year to 3 Finals appearances and a win. He will never be "the man" for a championship contender. If I'm the Cavs, I try for Waiters & Whiteside. Bledsoe & a pick would be good. So would Patrick Beverly, Sam Dekkar, & Wesley Johnson.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:24 PM

11,680 posts, read 7,057,593 times
Is this how the Lebron era ends? No more rings unless he joins another stacked team?

Old 07-21-2017, 04:27 PM

2,838 posts, read 1,780,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
It's hardly a **** sandwich. He went from winning 35 games a year to 3 Finals appearances and a win. He will never be "the man" for a championship contender. If I'm the Cavs, I try for Waiters & Whiteside. Bledsoe & a pick would be good. So would Patrick Beverly, Sam Dekkar, & Wesley Johnson.
Waiters??? Lol. The Cavs can send him anywhere. It won't be for a guy they shipped out.

His numbers this past season - very much hint at being the man...I know you have an overemphasis on defense. You don't like that he has PG by his name but isn't a traditional PG- again dive into the numbers- he's clutch scorer and one of the hardest guys to defend in the league from anywhere on the court

He was the man when he hit the game winning shot last finals and played the 2017 Finals as though he could very well be "the man"

Personally I'd deal Lebron for a superstar big to pair with Kyrie and regroup for a second run in a couple years

Old 07-21-2017, 04:40 PM

6,633 posts, read 8,336,262 times
For this news to come out right now caught me by surprise, honestly in an off-season where a lot of shocking things have already happened (i.e. Paul George to the Thunder), this one takes the cake.

I'm not surprised at the fact that Kyrie Irving wants out, this isn't the first time we heard of this, we heard this last season right around the trade deadline but the team resolved it by finishing out the year and upsetting the 73-9 Golden State Warriors. So the rumors of Kyrie's discontent with playing behind LeBron were pushed aside but have obviously resurfaced yet again.

The bigger thing in this is that this almost verifies that LeBron James walks away from Cleveland next year. He will leave that franchise in shambles a second time and frankly, it is not his fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or