U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 02:28 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,201,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
No. Harden's team was not leaps and bounds better than Westbrook. That's a sad excuse Westbrook fans say to help them feel better about losing. The one advantage they had is guys that can shoot. OKC had the best big man of the duo. And they had additional scorers. Westbrook ball hogged and the ball hog got beat in the olayoffs. You don't win by hogging the ball
well 1st, im no westbrook fan.

2nd, the best big?
adams i assume...
he averaged 8/ 6.8/ 1.4/ 1.2/ 1.8 in 32 mpg.

his counterpart, capela,
7.6/ 6.6/ .8/ .6/ 2.6 in 22 mpg.

you think harden didnt ball hog?
did you watch a single game this season?

of course harden averaged 7 assists to westbrooks 11 assists per game in the playoffs. #ballhog.

but lets look at a per minute basis, who played more minutes in the playoffs and see which team was better.

rockets by mpg (20+)
ariza
harden
gordon
anderson
beverley
capela
williams

thunder by mpg (20+)
westbrook
roberson
oladipo
adams
gibson
grant

by position
harden = westbrook
ariza > roberson
gordon > oladipo
anderson >= gibson
capela >= adams
williams > grant
beverley is better than any bench player on the thunder.
so please tell me again, where is the rockets team not better at every spot? the thunder dont have a single position of advantage. NONE. the rockets have at minimum 3 positions of advantage.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:30 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,125,091 times
Hahaha ,Yeah Harden is a fraud but I'll give Cp3 a pass.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Hahaha ,Yeah Harden is a fraud but I'll give Cp3 a pass.
because he played in LA right?

Old 08-11-2017, 03:27 PM

1,129 posts, read 731,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
well 1st, im no westbrook fan.

2nd, the best big?
adams i assume...
he averaged 8/ 6.8/ 1.4/ 1.2/ 1.8 in 32 mpg.

his counterpart, capela,
7.6/ 6.6/ .8/ .6/ 2.6 in 22 mpg.

you think harden didnt ball hog?
did you watch a single game this season?

of course harden averaged 7 assists to westbrooks 11 assists per game in the playoffs. #ballhog.

but lets look at a per minute basis, who played more minutes in the playoffs and see which team was better.

rockets by mpg (20+)
ariza
harden
gordon
anderson
beverley
capela
williams

thunder by mpg (20+)
westbrook
roberson
oladipo
adams
gibson
grant

by position
harden = westbrook
ariza > roberson
gordon > oladipo
anderson >= gibson
capela >= adams
williams > grant
beverley is better than any bench player on the thunder.
so please tell me again, where is the rockets team not better at every spot? the thunder dont have a single position of advantage. NONE. the rockets have at minimum 3 positions of advantage.
Harden beat Westbrook in how many games? 5. Was it a close series? Hell no. This is my point. I'm not saying Harden isn't a choker. That's understandable. But to say Westbrook didn't and Harden did? You must've been blind through the series. If it was close and Harden barely edged him out then I'd give it. But it was no where near close.

Not only this. But did you see where westbrook was in the 4th quarters? He was on the court but he wasn't doing anything. That's not choking to you? What do we say when people under perform in the 4th? We call them chokers. And that's exactly what Westbrook did. He basically played like a ball hog who performed the first 3 quarters, disappeared in the fourth and didn't win any but 1 game.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Harden beat Westbrook in how many games? 5. Was it a close series? Hell no. This is my point. I'm not saying Harden isn't a choker. That's understandable. But to say Westbrook didn't and Harden did? You must've been blind through the series. If it was close and Harden barely edged him out then I'd give it. But it was no where near close.

Not only this. But did you see where westbrook was in the 4th quarters? He was on the court but he wasn't doing anything. That's not choking to you? What do we say when people under perform in the 4th? We call them chokers. And that's exactly what Westbrook did. He basically played like a ball hog who performed the first 3 quarters, disappeared in the fourth and didn't win any but 1 game.
So wait, the series wasn't close, and you put it all on Westbrook, and say the rockets were not a much better team? It was all Westbrook choking... you got it!

Or maybe the thunder were garbage, and Westbrook played ridiculous minutes all season, doing everything because his team sucked, and was completely gassed by the playoffs.

Yeah I watched games, I do live in Houston, you couldn't go anywhere without the games on. Kinda exactly like with the astros right now.

Harden didn't choke in the first round, neither did Westbrook.

Now in round two, vs the spurs... choke of all chokes.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:44 PM

167 posts, read 76,102 times
Quote:
No. Harden's team was not leaps and bounds better than Westbrook. That's a sad excuse Westbrook fans say to help them feel better about losing. The one advantage they had is guys that can shoot. OKC had the best big man of the duo. And they had additional scorers. Westbrook ball hogged and the ball hog got beat in the olayoffs. You don't win by hogging the ball
Shooters are important today. Westbrook is a driver, players like that need spacing, and his team had inadequate shooters. Maybe in early 2000s you could go far with inadequate shooting, but good size and hustle, i.e. Iverson's 76ers, but today that's a flawed way to build a team.

Rockets also were a deep team with two good scorers on the bench.

Gordon in particular is a really good player. There was a time when I and probably most people were sure he'd be multiple all star, he seemed like a copy of Mitch Richmond. He just kept getting injured, except this year. The Rockets sort of hit the lottery with him. But he'll probably miss 40 games next year to make up for it.

OKC had some talented big men, but you can't play them all nowadays. In 2004, maybe they could go with Kanter and Adams and do some damage.

The Rockets weren't some superteam, but they were nicely built.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
MODERATOR DOUBLE H, YOU CAN'T TELL ME THIS ISN'T TROLLING ?

THREAD TO THREAD THIS PERSON FOLLOWS ME,REPLYING TO ME PAGE AFTER PAGE.

MAYBE ANOTHER MOD NEEDS TO GET INVOLVED
Was a simple question. You give CP3 a pass because he played in LA, right?

Crying to mods is a waste of bandwidth

Old 08-13-2017, 01:22 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,422,845 times
Stop screaming, Kobe fan.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:45 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,125,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Was a simple question. You give CP3 a pass because he played in LA, right?

Crying to mods is a waste of bandwidth
I give Cp3 a pass because he actually plays defense and is a floor general with killer instinct.

But again,stop following me thread to thread like a Troll.

I'll be debating with somebody else and you reply ? TROLL !!!

Old 08-13-2017, 11:06 PM

16,528 posts, read 20,983,579 times
Thread closed for mod review.

Closed for good--OP has been banned.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 08-14-2017 at 01:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball