U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 07:18 AM

28,269 posts, read 26,273,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
If Lebron and Wade win another ring together, we are going to have to start putting them in that Magic/Kareem, Jordan/Pippen convo for best duo ever. I think most would say they are bottom Top 10 or thereabouts as it stands, for the run in Miami. But to win again, on another team, with different coaching, at advanced ages (Lebron would be 34 and Wade 36), Title #4 for both (three with each other), and taking into consideration both of their statures as All-Timers, and what they've meant to the sport for the last 1.5 decades...

If they win another, they are going to vault near the top of the leaderboard. Add to the fact that they both won chips apart from each other, whereas no other GOAT duo ever won without their buddy...these two are on the verge of something special...

Go Cavs! #DefendTheLand
It would mean a lot if they both won another ring, but I don't think that's going to happen. Wade will be 36 this season and he's coming off his lowest scoring average since his rookie year. Rose had a solid season with the Knicks numbers-wise, but there was barely a whimper out of NYC sports fans when he wasn't resigned. As one Knicks fan put it in the Knicks forum:

Quote:
Some things for him to work on...
- defense
- passing
- ability to see the court
- shot IQ
- BBIQ
- leaving team without letting them know first
- range on his shot

Sorry if I missed anything, feel free to add.
I don't see how Wade or Rose really help Cleveland. Last season, the Warriors gave up depth to get a talent edge. It worked. This year, it seems the Cavs are giving up a talent edge to get depth. We'll see how that works out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 08:35 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,594,107 times
To me its a shame that a player like Wade has to resort to "ring chasing". I can understand a player like David West etc doing it etc but Wade has won multiple titles.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
To me its a shame that a player like Wade has to resort to "ring chasing". I can understand a player like David West etc doing it etc but Wade has won multiple titles.
Robert Parish did it. At least Wade will be trying to make some type of contribution instead of riding the pine for a ring the way the Chief did.

Let's not even get started on John Salley.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Robert Parish did it. At least Wade will be trying to make some type of contribution instead of riding the pine for a ring the way the Chief did.

Let's not even get started on John Salley.
Wade is a superstar, I don't consider Robert Parish, John Salley or Robery Horrey superstars, leaders of the team.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:01 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,204,830 times
Quote:
Wade is a superstar, I don't consider Robert Parish, John Salley or Robery Horrey superstars, leaders of the team.
WAS a superstar, he isnt one anymore.

liken him to malone, the glove, and tmac then former stars who signed with another team to chance a ring. none of those guys got one, wade wont either.

warriors, spurs, rockets, and okc are all better than cleveland, on paper if not in reality anyway.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
WAS a superstar, he isnt one anymore.

liken him to malone, the glove, and tmac then former stars who signed with another team to chance a ring. none of those guys got one, wade wont either.

warriors, spurs, rockets, and okc are all better than cleveland, on paper if not in reality anyway.
Wade has already won multiple championships. I would say the same thing if Kobe left the Lakers and he went to Warriors or Spurs.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Wade was a superstar. Today he is a 35-36 year old faded star with bad knees.

And it's not like the Chief was some minor role player. He was a 9x All-Star. And he signed a min contract with the Bulls to get a ring. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

Wade, as I said before, will at least be trying to make a contribution. At 36, I think he's earned the right to do whatever he wants at this point. His days of leading a team to glory are unfortunately over. The best he could do now is serve in a veteran leadership role similar to Iguodala.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:29 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,188,367 times
Keeping Wade healthy for the season (low minutes) and having him for the play-offs will work. He has play-off runs left in him. I wouldn't call what he's doing 'chasing rings'. He already has championships. He's proven his greatness unlike the players that have nothing and chase something.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Keeping Wade healthy for the season (low minutes) and having him for the play-offs will work. He has play-off runs left in him. I wouldn't call what he's doing 'chasing rings'. He already has championships. He's proven his greatness unlike the players that have nothing and chase something.
I honestly don't see what he brings to the table compared to what they lost. In Kyrie, they lost an elite, otherworldly scorer who is typically apathetic about defense but can be passable when required. In Wade, they gain a faded, past his prime player with no long range jumper and lagging defense. In Rose, you get a diminished star also past his prime with no long range jumper and questionable defense. In IT, you get an injured, undersized scorer with bad defense.

I know some Cavs fans will say "Yeah, but our bench is way stronger," and while I agree that Crowder or Wade is a decent bench replacement, none of those guys are good replacements in their starting lineup. Would you really prefer to have IT, Rose or Wade in the 4th quarter against the Warriors over Kyrie?

Rose and Wade sorta cancel each other out IMO. They are both more ball-dominant ISO scorers with limited shooting range so I don't see how you can play both at the same time. You also can't play either one with IT because that means you'll have at least 2 subpar defenders on the floor at the same time.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:21 AM

4,214 posts, read 2,840,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It would mean a lot if they both won another ring, but I don't think that's going to happen. Wade will be 36 this season and he's coming off his lowest scoring average since his rookie year. Rose had a solid season with the Knicks numbers-wise, but there was barely a whimper out of NYC sports fans when he wasn't resigned. As one Knicks fan put it in the Knicks forum:

I don't see how Wade or Rose really help Cleveland. Last season, the Warriors gave up depth to get a talent edge. It worked. This year, it seems the Cavs are giving up a talent edge to get depth. We'll see how that works out.
I don't see how anybody thinks Cleveland isn't better. I don't really care about Rose. But we gained Rose, Thomas, Crowder, Osman, and Wade in exchange for really just Kyrie. This is a better team, not just deeper, but it's a better team. It's inarguable...

What is arguable is if this is enough to win a championship and beat whoever comes out of The West. Personally, I think the West will be much tougher overall but the top three teams will rule the standings (Warriors, Rockets, Spurs). Who is going to beat one of those teams in the playoffs?

So the West is just going to be better in its bottom and middle tiers, but there is very little chance any team besides those three win the conference...

So with that being said, I think the Cavs have a 50/50 shot with anybody besides the Warriors. Versus the Warriors, I think it pulls us closer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or