U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 02:29 PM

1,255 posts, read 647,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasgoldrush View Post
At a 24 million dollar salary for this coming season, who was going to trade for him? Prime D-Wade is a vague memory at this point. Also, it appears the whole "mentor" thing did not quite work out:

Dwyane Wade called out by more Chicago Bulls teammates
I forgot to mention that in my previous post. Thanks. A lot of his teammates in Chicago didn't like him and they clashed a lot. But, I also agree that the Bulls couldn't have traded him and that contract, so their best bet was to cut him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 02:42 PM

28,312 posts, read 26,341,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
I was being sarcastic hence the "LOL!." Yeah, they are the favorites, but I was making fun of the people who make it as if the Warriors are cake walking to a repeat or as if they're unbeatable. I think Wade gives the Cavs more depth if at full strength. He's not gonna play 82 or a lot of minutes because you want to reserve him for the playoffs. You're just asking him to score a little bit and be a playmaker.
He could be a playmaker and a valuable addition, but I wonder if many people are thinking about the way he's going to fit into the Cavs' rotation as opposed to simply thinking "OMG! D-Wade!"

I distinctly remember people on this forum saying the KD to GSW trade wouldn't work because "there's only one ball," but nobody's saying this about a trade involving 3 players who are in fact ball-dominant players. As I said from the beginning, the concerns about KD were ridiculous because he comes off screens and doesn't need to pound the ball to put up 30 points. But Wade and Rose are exactly the type of players who need to pound the rock. And they may be fine with shooters on the court, but it wouldn't be wise to have both players in the rotation together since neither can shoot and defenses can simply go underneath screens and sag off of them.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
He could be a playmaker and a valuable addition, but I wonder if many people are thinking about the way he's going to fit into the Cavs' rotation as opposed to simply thinking "OMG! D-Wade!"

I distinctly remember people on this forum saying the KD to GSW trade wouldn't work because "there's only one ball," but nobody's saying this about a trade involving 3 players who are in fact ball-dominant players. As I said from the beginning, the concerns about KD were ridiculous because he comes off screens and doesn't need to pound the ball to put up 30 points. But Wade and Rose are exactly the type of players who need to pound the rock. And they may be fine with shooters on the court, but it wouldn't be wise to have both players in the rotation together since neither can shoot and defenses can simply go underneath screens and sag off of them.
I don't think they'll be on the floor together. In my opinion, Rose will probably run the 2nd unit so he can keep the scoring going and get the bench guys involved by passing. And, also I think when he's on the floor he'll have shooters like Korver, Frye and/or J.R. Smith on the floor too. Wade will probably rest when LeBron takes his rest.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I don't think they'll be on the floor together. In my opinion, Rose will probably run the 2nd unit so he can keep the scoring going and get the bench guys involved by passing. And, also I think when he's on the floor he'll have shooters like Korver, Frye and/or J.R. Smith on the floor too. Wade will probably rest when LeBron takes his rest.
So who is going to start at the PG position until IT gets healthy? Heís not expected to be back until January.

Even when IT comes back, I donít see him getting the start over Rose due to his small stature.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
So who is going to start at the PG position until IT gets healthy? Heís not expected to be back until January.

Even when IT comes back, I donít see him getting the start over Rose due to his small stature.

I think it might be Rose getting the start. But, IT is getting the start once Rose returns; you don't trade Kyrie for IT straight up to be a bench player. Even with his small stature, he is still a 2X All-Star and finished 5th in the MVP voting last year. A lot of media and fans are writing him off as if he's a scrub off of the street.

Old 09-29-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I think it might be Rose getting the start. But, IT is getting the start once Rose returns; you don't trade Kyrie for IT straight up to be a bench player. Even with his small stature, he is still a 2X All-Star and finished 5th in the MVP voting last year. A lot of media and fans are writing him off as if he's a scrub off of the street.
I don't think he's a scrub off the street. I do question what his true value is (injured or otherwise) considering the Celtics packaged the trade with a starter and a valuable draft pick. Coming off the 15-16 season, does Steph Curry get traded for Kyrie Irving with Harrison Barnes and a valuable draft pick packaged with the deal?

IT may come back and have a stellar season. I can't predict the future. However, I think a lot of his success owes itself to Brad Stevens' system, and it remains to be seen whether he can replicate the same success in a vastly different type of system.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:37 AM

2,845 posts, read 1,788,747 times
Quote:

I thought the regular season doesn't matter???

Old 10-03-2017, 04:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ECwMNFXCrs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or