Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 06:51 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I agree with this, I can find little fault in Giannis. Parker and Middleton in particular have not developed enough to offset their weaknesses.

I assume Bledsoe will take Dellavedova's minutes away unless they play a lot of small ball. Everyone loves Delly's grit and determination but he's just not playing well enough most nights. His overall plus/minus has to be really low.

Back to Giannis, if he continues to have to score 25+ every game, he probably won't reach superstardom. But if he is surrounded with enough scorers where he can concentrate on all the other things, he can be the best player on a championship team.

Meanwhile I think Phoenix did well getting Monroe and cond'l 1st and 2nd round picks for a guy who was done in Phoenix emotionally.
Maybe Middleton is still getting over last season's injury? I dont know, I agree with you, I thought that Middleton would be the guy to help alleviate Giannis' scoring burden.

And has Parker played more than one full season without injury yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 05:23 AM

10,724 posts, read 4,333,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I haven't seen Lonzo play yet. I was going to come here and say that he's young and that it's still early and that he needs to be given a chance yada yada. But that was assuming he was shooting at least 33% from the field. He's shooting 29% on the season so far. I'm sure that will improve over the course of the season, but that is some horrible shooting. I wonder if the pressure is getting to him.
I think its pressure, because he's missing layups and really short uncontested floaters too.
Its like he has no idea how hard to release the ball.
He's surely not that stupid, so its pressure.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:32 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,744,445 times
Definitely didn't expect the Knicks and the Sixers to have a winning record after 11 games of the regular season.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:09 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Definitely didn't expect the Knicks and the Sixers to have a winning record after 11 games of the regular season.
Been saying melo sucks for almost a decade....no defense black-hole shooter....but oh well....I enjoy watching the Knicks suffer so I was ok with it.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:12 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
I haven't seen Lonzo play yet. I was going to come here and say that he's young and that it's still early and that he needs to be given a chance yada yada. But that was assuming he was shooting at least 33% from the field. He's shooting 29% on the season so far. I'm sure that will improve over the course of the season, but that is some horrible shooting. I wonder if the pressure is getting to him.
*shrug* doesn't matter, Lebron, Jordan, the ghost of Mikan and a 20yo clone of Shaq will all join them in free agency next year and result in 20 straight laker championships.

Because they're a big market.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:16 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,744,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Been saying melo sucks for almost a decade....no defense black-hole shooter....but oh well....I enjoy watching the Knicks suffer so I was ok with it.
Since I don't have the league pass I won't get to see the Knicks play until the saturday after Thanksgiving on NBATV. They have a lot of nationally televised games in December including a Christmas Day game against the 76ers.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:45 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,002,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I think Giannis is highly overrated. He puts up good stats but his team doesnt do any good.

32 ppg 10rebounds and 60%PG and only 22 years old. Yes 60% from the floor, not 44% we get from Harden and Westbrook. The Bucks, led by a very young Giannis, where a 6th seed last year. With Bledsoe and Parker due back, the Bucks will improve.

Also, he was raw coming from Greece at age 18, not much high level basketball experience. No AAU, Nike Tourneys, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina route. Grow up in poverty in Greece sharing a bed with 3 of his brothers with a bed sheet separating his parents in a one room apartment. Sold sunglasses, caps, etc to tourist in Athens as young teenager to raise money for his family, while pampered US players where playing year round.

Now four years later and still only scratching the surface. I watch all of the Bucks games and believe me, he carries this team, without him they could have only 1 or 2 wins not 6 wins. He gives 100% all the time and has an incredible work ethic and drive. He is not highly overrated.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:34 AM

10,724 posts, read 4,333,152 times
I think Giannis hasn't got a high basketball IQ.
I scratch my head at a lot of his decisions.
That will cost you in a close game.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:26 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
32 ppg 10rebounds and 60%PG and only 22 years old. Yes 60% from the floor, not 44% we get from Harden and Westbrook.
He's a poor shooter for a swing player though. Giannis shoots efficiently because he does most of his work close to the basket. That becomes a problem in the playoffs where half court basketball becomes more important.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:05 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Lakers had their chance last night vs. the Celtics.

Lakers came out looking horrible though. Lonzo's shot still isn't landing and in some cases looked extremely off last night.

But then they came back. And it was a decent game for a bit. In almost every single one of their games the Lakers have battled and against the current best team in the league, the young team did well.

Granted the Celts were undermanned, but Kyrie although he didn't have crazy stats, picked apart the Lakers and their big men dominated the Lakers as well.

It's crazy the talent level of stars like Kyrie. There's not that guy on the Lakers yet, and when you see the impact just one great player can have on a team...it just makes a difference.
Horford's the best player in Boston. They overachieved last year with him, and they're overachieving this year with him.

But yes, you are right that one great player does make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Rockets over the Cavs... Rockets don't win without Capela and Tucker.

Capela was the only Rocket who scored in the last 7+ minutes.

Tucker was hustling to get huge offensive boards down the stretch.
The Rockets are a great team. A better one than the Cavs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
At this stage I think Boston and Houston will make the NBA Finals.
You are delusional. Neither of those teams will make the Finals.

Quote:
He's a young rookie already handed the keys to a franchise. He's going to struggle, but the talents are there. He's not going to be a great shooter--but his passing, athleticism, size, and vision will control pro games in a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
I think its pressure, because he's missing layups and really short uncontested floaters too.
Its like he has no idea how hard to release the ball.
He's surely not that stupid, so its pressure.
He's not used to the speed and talent of the pro game. He'll figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball