U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:18 AM

2,836 posts, read 1,775,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
What made it worse was the tibia break, which probably caused the ankle to break as well under the weight of Hayward falling.
I don't think ankle is broken (The Tibia is broken), the ankle was dislocated which could be worse with regard to ligaments and cartilage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 11:16 AM

28,460 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Poor taste.
Yeah - I know... but I bet the sentiment is out there in the state. Life is ugly sometimes...

Old 10-18-2017, 11:21 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,874,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
With the NBA starting tonight, what are your thoughts on the season?

I am interested in seeing how OKC's trio plays together.

Outside of CP3 and the Beard, does Houston have enough to be a serious competitor in the West?

Is San Antonio still a threat?

Does the East have anything to offer outside of Boston and Cleveland?

Just some random questions...

Thoughts?
OKC: entertaining, but bad. 4th in the West, 1st round out.
Rockets: yes, serious competitor (for the WCF). Still not good enough.
San Antonio: yes, but not as good as last year.
East:
Boston (pre-Hayward injury) did not have enough. Post-Hayward injury . . . .
Bucks, Wizards, and Heat could keep it interesting.

What will be most interesting to watch?
Another year of maturity for the Bucks young stars
Denver's sneaky good team
Whether the Pelicans can make AD & Cousins work
The (hopefully) healthy and talented Memphis Grizzlies
Promising talent in Minnesota
The Process fruiting in Philadelphia
Whether D. Wade has something left in the tank to compete in the Finals
Whether the Warriors find another gear after a full season of their core together

Old 10-18-2017, 11:44 AM

2,836 posts, read 1,775,544 times
I'm not too hyped on D.Wade, but I think he offers a little scoring and shot maker in the clutch and don't forget some experience. I think the desire is there- this could be his last best shot. I roll him out with the second unit.

The Cavs rotations leave something to be desired. Rose and Wade should rarely share the Court together. Yet we saw JR, Korver and Love in spurts, while Rose and Wade sat. Rose looked explosive- might be the kind of player needed with Korver and JR on the perimeter.

Cavs are far from any kind of form- actually looked gassed. Celtics are the kind of team that could give them problems (younger, athletic).

If IT comes back healthy and the Cavs flip the Nets pick for a Half court scorer/shot blocker things could get interesting.

I'm all in for 18. We can be awful for another 5-10 straight years if we get one more title this season.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:52 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,231,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Yeah - I know... but I bet the sentiment is out there in the state. Life is ugly sometimes...
And they'd be complete jerks for thinking that way. He left Salt Lake City in as classy and professional a manner as anyone possibly could. I doubt many Utahans are thinking that way, though.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:42 PM

4,492 posts, read 3,154,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I don't think ankle is broken (The Tibia is broken), the ankle was dislocated which could be worse with regard to ligaments and cartilage.

You are correct. Messed up my own post that I got correct earlier. Dislocation is definitely bad for the ligaments.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:00 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I'm not too hyped on D.Wade, but I think he offers a little scoring and shot maker in the clutch and don't forget some experience. I think the desire is there- this could be his last best shot. I roll him out with the second unit.

The Cavs rotations leave something to be desired. Rose and Wade should rarely share the Court together. Yet we saw JR, Korver and Love in spurts, while Rose and Wade sat. Rose looked explosive- might be the kind of player needed with Korver and JR on the perimeter.

Cavs are far from any kind of form- actually looked gassed. Celtics are the kind of team that could give them problems (younger, athletic).

If IT comes back healthy and the Cavs flip the Nets pick for a Half court scorer/shot blocker things could get interesting.

I'm all in for 18. We can be awful for another 5-10 straight years if we get one more title this season.
Yeah, in today's "pace and space" NBA, Rose and Wade are not exactly great fits on the floor together. I would like to think that Lue is going to find a way to maximize the Cavs potential when they are both on the floor, and Isiah Thomas' return may change some of that as well.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:47 PM

7,222 posts, read 8,234,549 times
As a Mavericks fan I'm looking forward to seeing how Dennis Smith Jr does. Saw him last season at NC State a few times and he was a treat to watch, hope he succeeds w/ the Mavs. Probably Dirks last year, one of the few 90's players still left.

I too am curious about how OKC will function with their trio. On paper thats a great team, but how will they gel for 82 games? Guess we will find out soon enough.

Thats a shame about Gordon Heyward. Hope he fully recovers, he's a fun player to watch.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:14 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
As a Mavericks fan I'm looking forward to seeing how Dennis Smith Jr does. Saw him last season at NC State a few times and he was a treat to watch, hope he succeeds w/ the Mavs. Probably Dirks last year, one of the few 90's players still left.

I too am curious about how OKC will function with their trio. On paper thats a great team, but how will they gel for 82 games? Guess we will find out soon enough.

Thats a shame about Gordon Heyward. Hope he fully recovers, he's a fun player to watch.
Yes, Dennis Smith Jr looks like he could be the real deal. I liked what I saw in Summer League; but I know that isnt regular season.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:07 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,286,010 times
This is my favorite time of the year. I love the beginning of the NBA season. And already its it bit sour for me. Hayward's injury was terrible. Kawhi is out. Draymond has a knee issue. CP3 has a knee issue. Jeremy Lin is now out for the season with a knee injury. I just hope this is not one of those seasons.

Just wishing for good health for the league. I want to see the players play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball